Melee hits fortify enchant needs more explanation.

Just spent around 4 divines to craft a melee hits fortify enchant on a dagger for CoC build. And behold I dont get any fortify stacks, even the wiki is some arbitrary description of you get fortify stacks based on damage dealt by hit.

What % of damage? Whats the minimum damage a hit has to deal to get a stack of fortify?

I feel like such an expensive craft should be explained more thoroughly so more people dont just waste resources on a useless enchant.
Last bumped on Aug 27, 2024, 6:17:08 PM
It needs to be quite significant. You won’t get any for a CoC build.
Exactly my point, what is quite significant? How much hit damage is needed to be given a stack of fortify?

Should be clarified
sorry to post this question here, but i cant find anywhere on internet how to get this implicit craft on daggers ? How to get ''melee hits fortify''?...can somebody tell pls :)
"
LinaSat2759 wrote:
sorry to post this question here, but i cant find anywhere on internet how to get this implicit craft on daggers ? How to get ''melee hits fortify''?...can somebody tell pls :)

Runesmith table.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I think anyone thats played melee since (i think 3.15 when they screwed up fortify) Knows about this.

You can thank the casters that were using leap slam fortify for these changes.
so it's in the village by the forge :) I havent played since Sanctum...so ur right about that, thanks :)
It's designed so that basically only melee hit builds can use fortify.

The amount doesn't matter, because as long as your damage comes from "melee hits", you'll get max stats with pretty much no effort.

If you have any other type of damage, you likely will not get any fortify stacks, by design. It is damn near impossible for a build to deal enough "melee hit" damage AND another type of damage.

What I find more silly about all this is the "%chance to fortify"....it literally does not matter for any build whether you get 10% or 15%. That 5% difference means nothing even on the slowest possible melee hit build. And on a fast build...its basically 100%. So either the %chance should be entirely removed, or it should be WAY higher to accommodate slow melee attackers, which are already disadvantaged enough by being, well, slow.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Aug 25, 2024, 5:18:00 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
It's designed so that basically only melee hit builds can use fortify.

The amount doesn't matter, because as long as your damage comes from "melee hits", you'll get max stats with pretty much no effort.

If you have any other type of damage, you likely will not get any fortify stacks, by design. It is damn near impossible for a build to deal enough "melee hit" damage AND another type of damage.

i d add. melee hits fortify works similar to shock or freeze. if your melee damage is tiny compared to the defender's HP, the effect is weak.

if your shock is low, you dont shock. similarly if your freeze effect is low, it's discarded. same applies to fortify.

this is not a failure of not explaining how "melee hits fortify", its a failure of not communicating how fortify works in general.

that said. i dont blame OP too much if he used to play POE a few years back and returned after the fortify change.

on another, OP should have read up a little on fortify before bitching about it in the forum.

pow wiki helps a huge deal. heck asking on global could get some response too.
[Removed by Support]
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:
I think anyone thats played melee since (i think 3.15 when they screwed up fortify) Knows about this.

You can thank the casters that were using leap slam fortify for these changes.

Mostly used vigilant strike for this. Pretty sure after massive usage of this skill and its threshold jewel for caster builds they changed it. Not sure how high the playrate on leapslam fortify was. But i think not high since vigilant strike can´t miss = guaranteed fortify.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info