Evasion should be replaced with something useful

Evasion is so much weaker than the other defensive layers, it should just be removed. There are a ton of monster modifiers that make it pointless to stack, such as accuracy aura rares, accurate modifier magic monsters, increased monster accuracy map/delve modifiers etc. If there was a monsters ignore all armor and monsters ignore all energy shield with attacks modifier, I could consider it all in fairness, but there is no such thing. It would be better to just put armor/es everywhere where evasion stats exist on the character passive tree and armor stats.

There's no reason to exclusively evasion rating stack the way that armor stackers and energy shield stackers can and have that be their whole defense besides life resulting in incredibly powerful characters. It would just flat be weaker than the other 2 in every way. Stacking suppression to 100% helps with part of the problem, but doesn't fix evasion, nor do endurance charges and guard skills, which aren't intended to be utility fixes for evasion. Attack block is also not available enough near evasion classes on the passive tree.

I've played much tankier builds in the past, and the reason they're tankier is that the other defenses do their job. Evasion is still too easily countered by built in mechanics that destroy its utility. A stat like 90% reduced attack damage taken if you haven't been hit recently would make up for some of the problem, but if it existed it would be too strong and added to other character type defenses..

tldr// Evasion is the worst defensive stat and exacerbated by monster/map/delve modifiers that players can't override without other defensive layers. The other defensive layers only make its seem like evasion isn't quite as terrible as it is.

Last bumped on Aug 11, 2024, 7:07:50 AM
wdym. Evasion/dodge is the best stat in the game to have, you literally avoid all damage from a hit, and prevent all damage when you successfully evade attacks.

Both in early levelling and in endgame evasion is great to have.
A fact is a statement that can be supported to be true or false by data or evidence. In contrast, an opinion is a personal expression of a person’s feelings or thoughts that may or may not be based in data.
Getting 95% evasion (now 93% due to grace nerf) was the best investment I have made, I used to have the same opinion regarding Evasion, but it's one of those things that having it maxed out really makes a huge difference.

I don't like its entropy system, but it is what it is.
Pff, who even plays Standard?
so with defences you need to layer the shit out of them

The problem most people have with evasion is that they don't layer them, with evasion you WILL get hit eventually, so when you go evasion you need to figure a way to take that hit or mechanically move your arse out of the way. (dodge, armour, health pool, leech etc)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Anyone not loving the entropy is kind of a clown, ngl.
evasion is great and entropy is one of its biggest strengths.

chaos damage bypasses es, chip damage stops es recharging and makes it useless for most people in sustained fights without significant investment. large phys damage crushes armours effect and you get huge amounts of essentially phys pen on the alter mods etc. everything has counters.
Evasion, blocks and HP/ES regen and leech is kind of same thing.

Evasion and blocks is just a time delay between getting hits, when after you got hit you have some time to regen/leech/use flask. Or you can have plently of regeneration and recieve every single hit hoping that it will be fast enough to build up to full hp before next hit.

Surely evasion and blocks is kinda better at some conditions cuz you simply not recieveing damage at all, but most of vi bosses have attacks that you can not block or evade, tey just dnt care. You getting damage and eat it deeply all if you dnt move.

But it is not vi damage mitigation. You still need an armour and something for ele damage. And youd better have about 5k hp.
Last edited by E_luna on Aug 10, 2024, 10:13:28 AM
evasion was good when elder appeared, u could craft his rings with evade node and become tank evasion hero with 85 chance to evade and 7k hp with old 33 chance to dodge spells . Problem of evasion today that u have suppress instead of old acrobatics and phase acrobatics instead of morern acrobatics node, cause enemy spell damage now is too op and u cant play without suppress, and ggg did it, thats all. Evasion without spell evasion, that s**ls and need to be renamed to attacks evasion, evasion means all evasion and spell hits TOO!!!
Last edited by Offfit on Aug 10, 2024, 7:43:27 AM
I read your posts, but nobody responded to the issue of monsters bypassing evasion. Accuracy auras on rares, accurate magic packs, % increased accuracy nodes in delve. I understand you can stack up to a high percentage, but accurate monsters ignore that stacking. You go from 1 in 19 to 1 in 3 chance to get hit without notice at the speed monsters move nowadays. That's like having monsters hit an armor stacker from 90% mitigation to 30% mitigation. They'll get slain too, but those monsters don't exist is what I'm saying. And chaos innoculation, several uniques solve the chaos problem on energy shield. It doesn't accidentally bypass your energy shield sometimes. You allow it or don't allow it to happen at times. It's a choice you make as part of your build. Getting hit 1 in 3 times instead of 1 in 19 times in anything juicy for a short time period is enough to kill you without a lot of extra investment in defense, and its not a choice a character is making as part of their build to sometimes allow that to happen, other than trying to rely on it when its unreliable.

If you made a character with 95% chance to block, and monster packs randomly ignored that part of the build and hit you 60% of the time, you would understand what I'm saying. That monster doesn't exist. Those monsters are extremely common in the evasion category.
Try Ghost Shrouds. Evasion is actually VERY nice with that.
Softcore, solo self-found.
----- Currently: -----
Power Siphon Locus Mine Trickster in Settlers of Kalguur

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info