Gold....Make it make sense

I can place the following trade, I want 1 Divine, I have 100 stacked decks. This costs 250 gold to place this order.

Then, swap out Divine's and insert Chaos. I want 150 chaos, I have 100 stacked decks. This costs 3750 gold to place this order.

At the end of the day the same "value" is being exchanged, but one is far greater. So make the Divine trade, then go onto the bulk exchange and trade the Divine for a Chaos, sidestepping the Currency Exchange.

Make it make sense GGG. Putting the gold cost to do the trade based more heavily on the number of items versus the true "value" doesn't seem right.

Also it's prohibitively expensive. I would love to put a bunch of trades up to make items available, or to liquidate some inventory, but having to step aside and run a map to bring enough gold for the next trade, it just doesn't make sense. Currency Exchange was touted as a QoL upgrade was it not or was that just an assumption it would be QoL?

The gold cost for trades needs to be divided by 10 as a start, just lop the zero off the end.

The next problem is the upkeep. Outside of choosing if you make the trade or put it into the town coffers, there just isn't enough gold. The highlight of my day is when the pirate commandeers my ships so I can get that injections of 50k gold. The gold drops need to be boosted or the upkeep needs to reduced.

One idea I had was increase the cost to hire, but reduce the overall payrate. Initial costs are higher but long term maintenance cost to keep the town running is lowered. It's a full time job grinding the gold to keep the town going, especially when you get to higher tiers and start running maps, those guys cost a lot.

Throw us a bone GGG, balance out the gold costs. The game would be a lot more fun if we could explore some of the other content that doesn't generate a lot of gold (Blight, Delve, etc) versus having to grind maps all day to pay upkeep.
Last bumped on Aug 10, 2024, 2:44:45 PM
It is to prevent huge quantities and flipping. Seems it is working as intended. Just do some maps. Or use the normal trade if you don't want to leave HO.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"
Just do some maps.

That's the easy answer but a non-answer for my feedback and suggestions. Trying to reduce the number of maps that have to be done just to upkeep the town or pay for trades so we can enjoy some of the other game mechanics.

"
It is to prevent huge quantities and flipping. Seems it is working as intended.

You can prevent the large trades and botting and still give the players a little reprieve by tuning the gold costs down a little. Just the fact the gold is there is going to prevent the bots since gold can only be earned and not traded for, it just doesn't have to be as high. That's all my suggestion is for is tuning it down to keep the intention of the gold, but give a little reprieve and make it make sense.
But cost is low already, why make flipping easier? If you don’t want to use gold, use normal trade.

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Nomancs on Aug 9, 2024, 2:35:07 PM
Lol, no.

I, and the majority of people from what I've seen on discord, these forums, and in game would disagree with you.
Eh I dont see it as an issue, gold is pretty easily obtained by ... actual players. Prevents a lot of silly botting from having such a high influence on prices.

"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
"
Tmarte wrote:
Lol, no.

I, and the majority of people from what I've seen on discord, these forums, and in game would disagree with you.

And majority of people I’ve seen ingame and discord would disagree with you, but they don’t do currency flipping. If you want to take this as a metric, plenty of people would want free mirrors but it wouldn’t make it a good idea.

No, gold cost is fine if not too low, I don’t want flippers to dominate market even more.

Not saying to eliminate it like the other thread, saying it can be tuned down a bit and still have the same result with botting, win/win for everybody. People don't get burnt out, GGG gets to retain more non-"actual players" as you call them, they buy more microtrans, etc...

So I guess I'm not actually a player then. Who gatekeeps that? Do I need to buy even more microtrans and supporter packs to become a real, actual player or because I would like the game to be more enjoyable that disqualifies me because it's not grindy enough?

Help me out I'm trying to figure out if I'm actually a player or not.
"
Tmarte wrote:
Not saying to eliminate it like the other thread, saying it can be tuned down a bit and still have the same result with botting, win/win for everybody. People don't get burnt out, GGG gets to retain more non-"actual players" as you call them, they buy more microtrans, etc...

So I guess I'm not actually a player then. Who gatekeeps that? Do I need to buy even more microtrans and supporter packs to become a real, actual player or because I would like the game to be more enjoyable that disqualifies me because it's not grindy enough?

Help me out I'm trying to figure out if I'm actually a player or not.

Flippers wouldn’t buy more mtx if they could flip more, I fail to see any reasoning here. If you want to trade huge quantities that go in thousands just use regular manual trade. For quick small trades gold cost is fine as you can do multiple every single map.

Only thing “gate keep” here you mentioned are botters and flippers - do you feel gated? Do you feel disqualified because you need to do a single map to trade 300 stacked decks on instant trade?

You also mentioned stacked deck for chaos, are you one of those guys that focus on flipping chaos-stacked decks-divine orbs?

Last edited by Nomancs on Aug 9, 2024, 8:03:44 PM
Seems like the only way for this to really be an issue for anyone is if they.... for some reason... are trying to get thousands of chaos repeatedly .... almost like... flippers and bots do?

So no I wouldnt want a cost reduction at all. Like the poster above said, if its that big of an issue, use the trade site. We have both options, and thats not gatekeeping.
"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info