Kingsmarch map running feels like a death sentence

Wondering if I am overlooking something obvious, but currently assigning map runners in Kingsmarch feels futile. Even with a fully maxxed out map device, there doesn't seem to be a scenario where anyone I assign there doesn't die disturbingly quickly. Am I supposed to be gearing these folks in some way that I haven't found? Or is it really this lethal by design?

Tested it out with the following (pretty favorable) conditions:

Max level map device (which doesn't appear to do anything for survival overall).

Full group of 6 level 8+ map runners (2x level 9, 4x level 8) assigned to the same device. Not fully maxed out, but pretty strong all-considered, especially given some of these need 2k gold/hour in wages.

Queued up 12 Tier 5 white maps (no mods at all). Hover text still shows 10% death chance...

They did not get through all 12. All 6 workers were dead in 10 maps, and fully completed 0 of them. I think the highest % completion was in the ~40% range.

With 10% death chance I probably got somewhat unlucky, but why is it still 10% death chance with that setup at all? Near-max level runners in a full group, running white T5 maps with a top level map device... really feels like I'm missing some obvious way to improve/toughen these guys. Open to suggestions!
Last bumped on Aug 9, 2024, 7:14:05 PM
Sounds like your runners or rng or both, are on the bad end of things. You need to get good mappers if you dont want them to die constantly. Especially to tier 5 maps with no mods.

Heres a screen just from this morning so far on progress in t14+ maps all alched.

Spoiler

Heres their worker tier as well

Spoiler

Heres the loot from those:
Spoiler

Sounds like maybe you dont have things setup correctly on your end.
"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
My mappers died there too.
Many parties already, more than 20 of them.

Waiting for patch about it.
Last edited by DarkJen on Aug 7, 2024, 2:22:40 PM
Definitely sounds like something isn't right with my setup then. I'll keep playing with it... at least you don't have to pay them when they aren't mapping, and get to stop paying them when they die. It's sort of convenient if I don't think too hard about sending them to their deaths!
"
T_U_Suavo wrote:

Queued up 12 Tier 5 white maps (no mods at all). Hover text still shows 10% death chance...

I never let my map runners go above 3% death chance, 10% I would consider quite high. For me right now it is 1% (minimal possible) death chance for Elderslayer map. It all depends on map runners level.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
my mappers always after afew maps with 1% chance... so ridiculous
Yeah my mappers also die in few map in tiers 1-4, fully upgraded Kingsmarsh. I dont understand how they supposed to run tier 16s...
"
Yeah my mappers also die in few map in tiers 1-4, fully upgraded Kingsmarsh. I dont understand how they supposed to run tier 16s...

Because fully upgraded Kingsmarch doesn't give much for map runners? It is all about map runners level.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Nomancs on Aug 7, 2024, 7:21:33 PM
You should basically ignore red maps completely until you have a squad of at least 3x T10 and 3x T8-9. The high quality rerolls will get you T10 mappers pretty fast now. It was horrendous before the patch.
"
DiabloImmoral wrote:
You should basically ignore red maps completely until you have a squad of at least 3x T10 and 3x T8-9. The high quality rerolls will get you T10 mappers pretty fast now. It was horrendous before the patch.

That's a great tip, thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info