Reduce Enemy Block Chance While Using a Sword

"
I just think that its pretty powerful for its location on the tree. Way too powerful for 3 nodes. if it was like 5 nodes or somewhere u had to venture off on the tree accessible by more classes, I think it would be legit.

A tanky mara with a 1 hand mace for LLD lvl 28 imo would NEVER beat your build, or mine.

-.-

Test it, Maces hit harder, it's quite illogical but it's the truth.

These almost have the same stats, yet one hit from the mace compared to one hit from the sword seems to literally double my damage.

~~~~

/ In hope that anyone from GGG takes notice of this post, could you please integrate the hardcore level28 arena with the softcore one? Remove the option to drop items of course. It's quite evident that a few people would like to verse eachother but are held back by their 'realm'.
Last edited by exmse on Apr 26, 2013, 12:52:19 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Man, I haven' t seen this stat in ages.
After some investigation, it turns out this one was missed during the big standardisation of stat descriptions, and as such it's description does not match it's functionality - it's not a % reduction to block chance, it's a subtraction.

Quarl and I agree this is probably too powerful, and the functionality will be being changed to match the wording, such that it's actually reducing the block chance by a percentage of it's value, not just subtracting 85% (if you get both clusters).

Thanks to everyone for bringing this to my attention so we could fix it.

If the nodes actually matched there description it would be acceptable and still insanely powerful. Knowing now that its subtractive makes sense with how powerful the builds are currently running and imo does deserve to be reduced.

Seriously thank you for your time and clearing up the matter for us, although I do still have a good question on this subject. Can you overcap with your block rating to overcome some of the % chance to block reduction?
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Last edited by GrindcoreTHRALL on Apr 26, 2013, 3:03:49 AM
"
exmse wrote:
"
I just think that its pretty powerful for its location on the tree. Way too powerful for 3 nodes. if it was like 5 nodes or somewhere u had to venture off on the tree accessible by more classes, I think it would be legit.

A tanky mara with a 1 hand mace for LLD lvl 28 imo would NEVER beat your build, or mine.

-.-

Test it, Maces hit harder, it's quite illogical but it's the truth.

These almost have the same stats, yet one hit from the mace compared to one hit from the sword seems to literally double my damage.

~~~~

/ In hope that anyone from GGG takes notice of this post, could you please integrate the hardcore level28 arena with the softcore one? Remove the option to drop items of course. It's quite evident that a few people would like to verse eachother but are held back by their 'realm'.

U do realize dps is calculated by damage per second not damage per hit right? The mace should hit way harder physically because its slower and the sword hits more often for less physical... Thats pretty basic math. But is there any disparity on the elemental damage? I think it just does the damage per hit of the described element types and %.
Last edited by GrindcoreTHRALL on Apr 26, 2013, 2:27:08 AM
Ya, thats a good point. I was always thinking that elemental damage cap on fast weapons being same as on slow is kinda broken. Thats one of the reasons why people are so mad after atack speed on elemental builds, and slow elemental weapons kinda not used.
I think el. damage should be increased for slower weapons, and even more for 2 handers.
ign: Grandpa_From_Graveyard
"

U do realize dps is calculated by damage per second not damage per hit right? The mace should hit way harder because its slower and the sword hits more often for less... Thats pretty basic math.

learn how to read man, why do you find it so hard to comprehend absolutely anything?

I'm not talking about tooltip DPS
I said per hit on an opponent. The Swords elemental damage is not calculated by its attack speed. It rolls a flat value, that can be amplified with attack speed, to improve your overall dps. The mace doesn't have higher elemental values (your logic), they have almost exactly the same. Attack speed has absolutely nothing to do with a weapons damage values. Yes, it increases your over all dps (derp), but it does not mean the aesthetic elemental damage on weapons increase, example being, if you exalt attack speed.

The swords tooltip dps is obviously higher, yet the mace hits harder ( 1 attack each ). It is illogical, but the truth. What makes the mace hit harder? They should be hitting the same* damage 1:1.

10-15 physical damage, should not and does not double my damage.
Last edited by exmse on Apr 26, 2013, 2:45:05 AM
"
exmse wrote:
"

U do realize dps is calculated by damage per second not damage per hit right? The mace should hit way harder because its slower and the sword hits more often for less... Thats pretty basic math.

learn how to read man, why do you find it so hard to comprehend absolutely anything?

I said per hit on an opponent. The Swords elemental damage is not calculated by its attack speed. It rolls a flat value, that can be amplified with attack speed, to improve your overall dps. The mace doesn't have higher elemental values (your logic), they have almost exactly the same. Attack speed has absolutely nothing to do with a weapons damage values. Yes, it increases your over all dps (derp), but it does not mean the aesthetic elemental damage on weapons increase, example being, if you exalt attack speed.

The swords tooltip dps is obviously higher, yet the mace hits harder ( 1 attack each ). It is illogical, but the truth. What makes the mace hit harder? They should be hitting the same* damage 1:1.

that is really strange. I am not quite sure I believe it but if you are telling the truth and the mace does hit for higher elemental damage then maybe there is some unspoken of system that calibrates the elemental damage based on the weapon type.... sounds weird to me though
"
"
exmse wrote:
"

that is really strange. I am not quite sure I believe it but if you are telling the truth and the mace does hit for higher elemental damage then maybe there is some unspoken of system that calibrates the elemental damage based on the weapon type.... sounds weird to me though

Yeah, make sure you understand what you are saying before you project your hostility onto others. No-one likes a smartass.
Last edited by exmse on Apr 26, 2013, 3:01:19 AM
You can compare their per hit damage ( not DPS ) if you hover over the skill in your skillbar. The mace has way more phys damage btw so it's not surprise it hits harder. Their per-hit elemental damage should be on-par. Post a screenshot with the weapons equipped one-by-one and your cursor on the skill.
"
dzordzo wrote:
You can compare their per hit damage ( not DPS ) if you hover over the skill in your skillbar. The mace has way more phys damage btw so it's not surprise it hits harder. Their per-hit elemental damage should be on-par. Post a screenshot with the weapons equipped one-by-one and your cursor on the skill.

~~

like i said, it's almost identical

no logic :(
Last edited by exmse on Apr 26, 2013, 7:12:47 AM
Why the hell would you nerf this for merci pvp? If you do, block builds will have even less counterplay against them.
Animalistic in nature, somebody help me

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info