Frenzy skill gem change needs to be reverted

Frenzy gem change is bad

Nobody uses of Onslaught either to gain onslaught nor to deal damage, since well, you can't

This is by far the biggest numerical nerf to a skill gem in PoE history, something like 76-77% damage reduction, which is ofc simply not acceptable

Please revert this, or Frenzy skill will have 0.02% usage rate
Last bumped on Aug 18, 2024, 7:34:23 PM
I am one of those people who uses melee Frenzy almost exclusively. Spent 5 years trying to make it work. Now that it does, they pull it out from under us.

Don't get me wrong, the base damage multiple increase is HUGE, but anything that eats all your Frenzy charges is a build destroyer for a melee build built around Frenzy charges.

Frenzy charges on frenzy build often affect
-evasion
-movement speed
-spell suppression
- on top of the MORE att apeed and MORE damage
- that MORE speed also is important for "on hit" effects

Dumping all of the above for a +20"increase" in speed each time you hit max charges is rough. This not a kind move.

I have just tested Double Strike of Momentum and luckily it plays and feels similar to old Frenzy.

Frenzy of Onslaught shouldn't eat charges if Onslaught is up... or better yet should NEVER eat all your charges. The same is true for Phase Run.
"
I am one of those people who uses melee Frenzy almost exclusively. Spent 5 years trying to make it work. Now that it does, they pull it out from under us.

Don't get me wrong, the base damage multiple increase is HUGE, but anything that eats all your Frenzy charges is a build destroyer for a melee build built around Frenzy charges.

Frenzy charges on frenzy build often affect
-evasion
-movement speed
-spell suppression
- on top of the MORE att apeed and MORE damage
- that MORE speed also is important for "on hit" effects

Dumping all of the above for a +20"increase" in speed each time you hit max charges is rough. This not a kind move.

I have just tested Double Strike of Momentum and luckily it plays and feels similar to old Frenzy.

Frenzy of Onslaught shouldn't eat charges if Onslaught is up... or better yet should NEVER eat all your charges. The same is true for Phase Run.

i agree , i would prefer if they kept both gems as melee and ranged, buth have a bonus if used by melee, or if frenzy of onslaught did not consume frenzyed charges if you already have onslaught as you said, and i am also someone who use frenzy almsot exclusively since delirium, since delirium i think i only played 2-3 build different than frenzy in a league, to soon after either drop the league or start a 2nd character as frenzy, but at least it being buffed and having a lot of % more is something, will test it this league to form my full opnion on the matter
Last edited by suriuken on Jul 19, 2024, 3:51:31 PM
This is just one of the many "they did this to show they are changing things" changes that make no sense.
"

My 3.24 Pob w Frenzy 25.99MM

My 3.24 Pob w of Momentum 9.05MM

This is simply not acceptable.

It's obvious they just removed all of the ias capabilities w/o doing any diligence as to whether or not it kills off a skill/playstyle

"of Momentum" is useless

And now so are both versions of Frenzy

sadge
Last edited by Orca_Orcinus on Jul 19, 2024, 6:31:15 PM
I didn't say that DS of Momentum was better, I said it's playstyle is similar to what I need from the skill. I am also disappointed with the Frenzy change after investing so many years into it.

All that being said, the 3.25 skill is the one you should be looking at in terms of dps. Pretty sure of Onslaught will be dropping some big numbers.
Last edited by Roziel_Longblade on Jul 20, 2024, 3:17:28 AM
Seems like the only way to use Frenzy of Onslaught and not have all your charges eaten will be with Olesya's Delight and Ralakesh's Impatience. Forcing the use of uniques to use skills just feels bad, even if the combo will generate some solid dps.
"
Seems like the only way to use Frenzy of Onslaught and not have all your charges eaten will be with Olesya's Delight and Ralakesh's Impatience. Forcing the use of uniques to use skills just feels bad, even if the combo will generate some solid dps.

Why oleysyaa delight? Ralakesh's impatience i findt thought of but it would be a solution, but i cant see why olesyas is needed in this case, problably a interaction i dont know, if the ralakesh is the only solution i will test and problably have to drop briskwtap for a rare armour so i can get resistances, since i play with dex stacking and gettin res its a bit trouble if i end up using ralakesh that is
Last edited by suriuken on Jul 20, 2024, 7:34:37 PM
You are right!!
I thinking of ways to prevent hitting max frenzy charges before looking at Ralakesh. Only using Ralakesh will let you get Onslaught and keep Frenzy bonuses.

Still don't know how I feel about being forced to use 1 pair of boots for a skill to work. The dps looks fine without the boots but it could be in pretty intense with the boots.
"
You are right!!
I thinking of ways to prevent hitting max frenzy charges before looking at Ralakesh. Only using Ralakesh will let you get Onslaught and keep Frenzy bonuses.

Still don't know how I feel about being forced to use 1 pair of boots for a skill to work. The dps looks fine without the boots but it could be in pretty intense with the boots.

do you use frenzy as ranged as well or just melee? because one thing i tought besides the idea you said in a previous comment of the transfigured not consuming the charges if you already with onslaught, was swaping the gems, normal frenzy becomes the melee gem, since melee at least if i'm not mistaken is used more as a main skill then with ranged characters, and the onslaught version for ranged, so they have the a support attack to gain onslaught if they want, asking because since i only play melee, i dont know if there is ranged frenzy build, and don't want to lock them out if there is

my biggest problem with ralakesh is that i would use it just for the frenzy charges, because i already get endurances with enduring cry, and power charges since i'm unnarmed is bassicaly useless to me since i think rigwalds curse is not worth the points invested to crit with unnarmed, and ralakesh being a boot that dont give life, and the resistances from rare items are better, it's a bit of a bad choice to need for a skill that shouldn't have this problem
Last edited by suriuken on Jul 21, 2024, 2:18:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info