Morrigan Beast Craft bug abuse is not the real problem and you know it

"
hmcg020 wrote:
I'm yet to read a good alternative to the current trade system.

S S F

Whenever I see people complain about trade issues I take solace in the fact that I only get shafted on some things taking longer than usual, but I can simply play the game instead of being a hideout warrior.

Automation without a shadow of a doubt would make the bot issue worse instead of better, so the only way forward is to make the trade experience better. Whether it's buyer/seller insurance to mitigate trade risk (e.g. scams) or QoL. Balancing QoL vs necessary friction is a difficult job tho. Wouldn't wanna be in the shoes of a game dev working on this
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
I don't know why people are so upset with trade bots in poe.

Most of the time they are just fishing for lowballs which is a good thing imo.
If I'm not sure about the value of something I'll put it up and change area. If after the first minute there was no bombardment of whispers I can be pretty sure it's not too cheap.

If u make a mistake while pricing, the bot spam will tell u that immediately.

On the other hand, when I know I've priced an item correctly, I don't mind if a player of a bot buys it. I'd imagine alot of group players use bots aswell to keep their stock of scarabs high, so they don't have to stop grinding. It's not only flipper bots.

Anyway, even tho sometimes trade can be a little cumbersome, please feel free to farm those items in the same time it takes u to trade them. I've tried this league with corpses and I've gone back to trading pretty quickly (after one day^^)
Sure it sucks having to sit in ur hideout for an hour to trade corpses, but after that hour u have a complete graveyard on ur hands. (assuming ur not buying all 88 corpses, just the rare ones)

I'm usually a SSF player myself, so maybe I don't mind the friction because I'm used to much more... I dunno. I just can't see the problem.
"
Sadaukar wrote:
I don't know why people are so upset with trade bots in poe.

Most of the time they are just fishing for lowballs which is a good thing imo.
If I'm not sure about the value of something I'll put it up and change area. If after the first minute there was no bombardment of whispers I can be pretty sure it's not too cheap.

If u make a mistake while pricing, the bot spam will tell u that immediately.

On the other hand, when I know I've priced an item correctly, I don't mind if a player of a bot buys it. I'd imagine alot of group players use bots aswell to keep their stock of scarabs high, so they don't have to stop grinding. It's not only flipper bots.

Anyway, even tho sometimes trade can be a little cumbersome, please feel free to farm those items in the same time it takes u to trade them. I've tried this league with corpses and I've gone back to trading pretty quickly (after one day^^)
Sure it sucks having to sit in ur hideout for an hour to trade corpses, but after that hour u have a complete graveyard on ur hands. (assuming ur not buying all 88 corpses, just the rare ones)

I'm usually a SSF player myself, so maybe I don't mind the friction because I'm used to much more... I dunno. I just can't see the problem.

You can't see the problem because your entire perspective is exclusively zoomed in on your singular experience. An experience you've even admitted is gated behind a majority-ssf mindset. This does not consider the scope of the problems with trade as a whole.

SSF is a solution. It's great for those people who're new, or don't play PoE to become as ridiculously overpowered as possible; spending weeks in PoB trying to min-max every possible affix, etc. Most people want to utilise the riffraff-currency that the game spews out and trade their way to their power fantasy. I could personally never play SSF. It's not like dark souls or D2R, D4, etc, because here in PoE, we have exponential growth.
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
U're probably right about that. I don't care about exponential growth. I set goals for myself, like killing ubers and when I've done that I'm done with the league.

I don't want to kill them in 0,1 seconds. I wanna be challenged and overcome hurdles, so I can be proud of the achievement. But after that, there are no goals for me anymore.

I've never been someone who wants to stack up as much currency as possible, not in game and not in real life. I wanna have enough to do what I want and actually I found an 200+ div item yesterday and I have no idea what to do with that kind of currency right now... it's actually kinda wasted, because I'm almost done with the league.

edit: after reading ur last message before that one, I still disagree that most of the listings are bots. I traded a lot this league and the only listings that don't answer usually are the cheap ones. Those are sometimes bots sure, but most likely just price fixers. The solution to that is often just to ignore those cheap listings, even if it's 20 of them. Filter them out and just be prepared to pay 10-20% more and u'll find enough people that are willing to trade pretty quickly. At least that was my experience. For chaos to div trades... just offer ur chaos, instead of trying to buy divines.
Last edited by Sadaukar on May 8, 2024, 5:50:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info