3.24.2 Hotfix 5

"
vacii wrote:
"
LaserVonRekyu wrote:
"
vacii wrote:

Excuse me, but are you intentionally ignoring the word "potentially" in my statement? Do you not understand what that means?

You are going out of your way to defend exploiters by equalizing their actions to those who have done the same either led by curiosity or ignorance, why?

Ignoring the word potentially? no? It clearly said "potentially driven by malicious intent, to either commit, aid and abet crime or evade prosecution for such." as in potentially one of these possible illegal things. Your wording did not allude to the possibility of anything else.

What? "equalizing their actions to those who have done the same" ???? what are you saying? This I am failing to understand what it means.

I feel unsafe when normal gameplay mechanics get labelled as bannable exploits by others only through their personal opinions. GGG did not ban anybody because nobody used an exploit here. The craft functioned exactly as it said, "adds maximum possible sockets" its just that the code to limit that maximum was bad. GGG is also spending hundreds of hours to remove the items, so why you feel the need to attack players that just play the game?

Potentially implies that malicious intent may or may not be present.

Read THE WHOLE SENTENCE FFS. "equalizing their actions to those who have done the same EITHER LED BY CURIOSITY OR IGNORANCE" ... no wonder you unsafe ...

"Anyone who argues differently is potentially driven by malicious intent, to either commit, aid and abet crime or evade prosecution for such."
Potentially:
malicious intent
to commit aid and abet crime
or evade prosecution for such.

you seem unaware, but the word potentially changes meaning when you string it with "and" and "or" like this. it changes to potentially one of these things you listed.

Regardless, even if you meant potentially to only refer to the malicious intent, the sentence would then mean that it is malicious intent or the others. so you are still labelling everybody that disagrees with you as criminal.

"You are going out of your way to defend exploiters by equalizing their actions to those who have done the same either led by curiosity or ignorance, why?"
adding the rest of the sentence doesnt help me understand this.

so I am going out of my way to defend a thing.
which is this thing
equalizing their actions to those who have done the same
which means what??? something that is the same thing?
either led by curiosity or ignorance why?
this doesnt change anything about the earlier question.

so the exploiters actions are the same as the exploiters and you claim I am defending this. ???? yes 1 = 1 and eye balls are eye balls but I fail to understand why you are saying this or what I am somehow defending here. Please try again.
Last edited by LaserVonRekyu on May 4, 2024, 2:48:49 AM
"
RectLat wrote:
ban obvious exploiters and streamers hyping the exploit
Rip like 75% of the playerbase.
This is funny and I'm here all for it. *sips tea with pinky up*
Good work GGG, I'm suprised you acted this fast.
Everyone with a brain know that is exactly what was going to happen: items will be fixed, bug will be eliminated.
No one with a brain would buy/mirror bugged item seriously hoping to keep the value.
Bans will not be issued because it is far more difficult to track the origin of every bugged item and all the trades it was into. And if GGG would do it, they would lose a very big number of players who are active even in the dead league, which is bad business-wise.

All of you who call for bans better spend this energy to convince GGG to have proper league testing and more clear guidelines, because previous exploits did much more harm to the economy and player retention.
They can't ban people exploiting this obvious bug cause there are way too many of them. Should ban thousands of people and they not gonna do that. I can understand that.

But they shouldn't just fix the items, they should straight delete all items made with bugged and unintended mechanics so people who tried to be smartasses at least lose something.
And with all items I mean also 25k fire res chests, bugged abyssal sockets items, 6 linked crucible one handed, 6 linked items with tempering orbs enchant - 3 sockets and so on and so forth.

That would be a fair middle ground action between the "ban all people who abused the bug" and the "nothing will happen if you exploit an obvious bug".
So you are telling me that I spent all my currency to buy that shield for my build and now Im fucked? What a great patch. Kick the dead horse even more...Why GGG never fix already done items in the past and they do it now? Like wtf there is still the 27k fire res armor stacking chest years later and this gets reverted?
The chest:
https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpreview.redd.it%2F24000-to-fire-res-what-the-heck-v0-pa4k9964tjnb1.png%3Fwidth%3D1741%26format%3Dpng%26auto%3Dwebp%26s%3De300b82be2102f5b6e3231f7b142431709c6c649
Last edited by nikeyla on May 4, 2024, 2:53:58 AM
These crybabies... i mean yeah deleting items like these seems good enough punishment for anyone cos i mean the items who will have these sockets will be deleted anyways , but to complain and telling everyone now should be banned ? why not Ban then FubGun or Empy, or like some other streamers who have done things in the past? like rogue exiles wasn't intended but people rushed and farmed them the heck out of them and made many mirrors while doing so , same with the first h of the league on standard , you could have easy vendored 3 t16 and get t17 in return , half of player base abused it , so why not ban them as well then ? or the frog thing with the divines on league opening map till you find the map that drops only divines ? doesn't sound like an exploit right ?Please grow up and don't cry about exploits when you don't get the chance to abuse one before it gets nerft or hot-fixed .

No need to be offended , but what ever ggg does is their option , not some lvl 90 characters who don't even get 1 divine per league .
yeah i super hope all the abousers get atleast a small ban because otherwise not abousing it is pretty much being punished, meaning we should ignore tos more?
Thank you GGG.Thanks to this option, I came back 2 weeks after I finished the league and had a lot of fun with new build configurations. And for those who cry... it's just a game...
"
Asra101010 wrote:

And with all items I mean also 25k fire res chests

I guess 90% of people complaining found out about them just yesterday. Can't really believe that old standard item is really making that much people grieve.
Anyway, the older the bug, the harder it is to fix. When PoE2 is out, who will even care about something on PoE1 Standard?
Last edited by natural183 on May 4, 2024, 2:58:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info