3.24.2 Hotfix 5

"
WoT_Seanchan wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree that there SHOULD be more transparency about the game legal rules of PoE, besides the obvious facts of no RMT, 3rd party programs etc BUT this is different and you know it. The moment I saw it start in game early this afternoon, I outright knew NOT to touch anything bugged nor create any.

Everyone here who is FOR the bugged items to be kept or people who even touched the bugged stuff to not have their accounts banned are clearly those that participated in the fuckery. No need to sugarcoat it. They were wrong and knew it. If those people ignored the warnings of others in global and trade chat and continued to play dumb about this; they deserve to be banned 100% no grey area about that. If you're in possession of illegal goods, how do you think that should turn out?

I absolutely agree, thank you for contributing to the point i'm trying to make.
Just revert it all back to ritual league while we’re at it.
Feel bad for the GGG team that allowed this to happen. They are now are going through every single character, stash, and item to ensure that there are no 1 handed items with more than 3 sockets, no belts with more than 1 socket, no synth jewelry that should not have a socket with a socket, no items with cannot have sockets with sockets, no heist enchant reducing sockets with 6 sockets. All while not harming legitimate unset corruption rings with extra implicit from vender corrupt.

This is a massive undertaking and will cost features in the next league. its not the fault of players that did this as this was the natural reaction of learning a new crafting tech. There will undoubtably be players trying to hide these things from GGG's eyes using every trick that exists.

I wonder what happens with imprints before and after GGG corrects them.

Wonder if there is some mechanic that would lock the items in a state that are not normally seen in different crafting windows.

GGG may have to do this multiple times due to players finding ways to keep them.

I do not envy the task they are going to perform. I respect GGG's determination to own up to this in this way. Your actions make me feel safe to play without worry of unknowingly breaking rules.

"
Skellesi wrote:
"
FlyingTurtleZ wrote:
Those players who abuse this bug have clearly broken the game ToS, and thus, should be ban

GGG really has to deal with this seriously and give those players a lesson, so it can prevent players from abusing bugs in the future.

No matter what you are saying like “I’m not affecting other players”, “It’s just a game”, “this bug has already been up since the league start”
None of this bullshit can be an excuse for you to cheat and break the ToS in a game.

cry more :* nothing about it is cheating.

Isn't it though, there are people here indirectly admitting they were exploiting this since league start. Were they also not cheating?
That's huge! Good on you for having the guts to delete items. You do it so rarely. It's not cool, but good job making sure the items can't reach Standard.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
vacii wrote:
"
Skellesi wrote:
"
FlyingTurtleZ wrote:
Those players who abuse this bug have clearly broken the game ToS, and thus, should be ban

GGG really has to deal with this seriously and give those players a lesson, so it can prevent players from abusing bugs in the future.

No matter what you are saying like “I’m not affecting other players”, “It’s just a game”, “this bug has already been up since the league start”
None of this bullshit can be an excuse for you to cheat and break the ToS in a game.

Isn't it though, there are people here indirectly admitting they were exploiting this since league start. Were they also not cheating?

That guy has hidden his profile to hide his exploits after posting in this thread. He has both 6 link one handers and 25k fire res armor on standard, who knows what else. Literally bug city and you get an idea what kind of a player he is.
"
skyline666 wrote:
"
vacii wrote:
"
Skellesi wrote:

That guy has hidden his profile to hide his exploits after posting in this thread. He has both 6 link one handers and 25k fire res armor on standard, who knows what else. Literally bug city and you get an idea what kind of a player he is.

His comments also lead me to believe he's been exploiting this since league start to gain unfair advantage over others.
Last edited by vacii on May 4, 2024, 12:12:57 AM
"
iParadoxG wrote:
Finally!

hope you guys ban the exploiters while you're at it.

No, they won't ban thousands of potential MTX buyers
Last edited by ecz0r on May 4, 2024, 12:15:38 AM
"
vacii wrote:
"
LaserVonRekyu wrote:
"
vacii wrote:

In the context of rules and laws, specifically in video games, things are EXACTLY black and white.
Anyone who argues differently is potentially driven by malicious intent, to either commit, aid and abet crime or evade prosecution for such.

In real life criminals are prosecuted and go to prison. In video games they get suspended for a period of time.

I am arguing that this is not black and white because I want to be safe while I play. Why you labeling others that think from a different perspective must be criminal or malicious?

Not knowing the law and breaking it is not an excuse. But what about when you ask the law and get contradicting answers like we have? I am trying to follow the instructions yet the instructions change without communication. I have no ill intent yet could easily cause harm just as every other player.

This is a problem that every single new thing I learn about PoE for years is measured in "could be an exploit or not." Rather than "is worth my time or not."

Intent is the most important thing here, i'm not labeling anyone anything, as you can see from the initial bug report for this, the intent is clear, i'm not sure this could be said for everyone who did this.

Moving away from specificity of the issue, to broad generalization just leads to pointless arguing.

"Anyone who argues differently is potentially driven by malicious intent, to either commit, aid and abet crime or evade prosecution for such."
"i'm not labeling anyone anything, as you can see"

This is not a technicality. You definitionally labelled everybody that did not agree with you as malicious or intending to aid or commit crime.

I cannot say that your opinion regarding bans does not matter, but you discredit yourself with these kinds of contradicts within the same day.

I fully believe most players would use this "exploit" if they knew how, and it was still in the game. Specifically because if it was left in the game after GGG learned of it, that by itself would acknowledge it is part of the game.

Good on GGG for acting quickly on this one unlike the anarchy ember T17 ghost farming nerf delay.

then remove the armor for 25,000 fire resist!!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info