Ranged vs Melee

"
trixxar wrote:

If we are going to make arbitrary limits, then why not say "limited to people playing red skill gems" most are melee.

You can call it arbitrary limits if you like but if you applied common sense to those links of yours for even a second you'd notice that none of the builds you find there is suitable for actual mapping gameplay no matter the dps because they run around with 1k life and zero defensive layers. Some have like 300 EHP rofl. Those are all just show off setups for POE ninja focussed entirely on DPS and i bet if we check them we'll find plenty with negative amounts of reserved mana on top and/or uncapped res.

If those links are your basis for

"
Given the state of ranged and spells doing 200M dps on the regular, and stuff like Annihilating Light... did we REALLY need to nerf slams?

then you honestly need to get a clue to put it mildly.

I don't think melee is as good as ranged and i also think they overnerfed slams as they always do but statements like that are just ridiculously stupid.
Last edited by Baharoth15 on May 4, 2024, 2:11:34 AM
This is a dumb argument.

For the guy above stuck in 3.15, those are not actually PoB warriors, they farm ubers and offscreen T17s and clear much faster and more effectively than your 5-10M with 50k ehp, thats the purpose of the build. You should catch up, or as you put, get a clue.

And 50k ehp is peanuts now, my weak 10 divine jugg is 270k ehp in PoB and it doesnt mean anything in T17s.
Last edited by trixxar on May 4, 2024, 2:45:59 AM
Can't even tell whether your just going all in with trolling or if you actually believe that. This place is honestly amazing.
"
trixxar wrote:
This is a dumb argument.

For the guy above stuck in 3.15, those are not actually PoB warriors, they farm ubers and offscreen T17s and clear much faster and more effectively than your 5-10M with 50k ehp, thats the purpose of the build. You should catch up, or as you put, get a clue.

And 50k ehp is peanuts now, my weak 10 divine jugg is 270k ehp in PoB and it doesnt mean anything in T17s.

THey sure are farming those. WIth aurabot in party, otherwise they die from a fart. Pathethic.
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
Can't even tell whether your just going all in with trolling or if you actually believe that. This place is honestly amazing.

You really dont know a lot about endgame do you. Either of you.

This is not a party or run with an aurabot.

Both have zero defenses, both can easily run maps and instakill ubers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7T9laIKo1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm-nFroiL8I

I could link 50 more just like it.

Ok, Im done arguing with people who dont even know glass cannon builds exist and actually do content. You dont really have the knowledge to debate anything.
"
trixxar wrote:
"
Baharoth15 wrote:

You really dont know a lot about endgame do you. Either of you.

This is not a party or run with an aurabot.

Both have zero defenses, both can easily run maps and instakill ubers.

You are the one who dont even have enough knowledge about this game tho realize "boss killer" and "normal builds" are two completly diffrent things.
Let me enlighten you. Just because you are able to phase ubers before they can even attack doesnt mean your build is good. Go to any T16/T17 map with that build and you will die to a fart. If you think "oh I will just offscreen everything" you never played PoE.
Stop emberassing yourself with those "examples".
Haha, the first one has direct video of the guy doing regular content not just ubers. Aynix running around with hands over your eyes pretending it doesnt exist.

"Oh they cant do regular content" Since you are too lazy to move the timer forward, I guess I can hold your hand.
https://youtu.be/R7T9laIKo1s?t=398

Spam posting on the forums does not equal game knowledge Aynix.
Last edited by trixxar on May 4, 2024, 3:42:02 PM
Sorry, Im too lazy to click on that link, waste of my time.
https://pobb.in/HrQ6bUVOcVl7

That's the POB from the video. Build has only 179 mio DPS rather than the 300 proclaimed in the video as that was prior to heatshiver nerf. Those 179 is also with all flasks active which have enkindling orbs on them so their uptime is abyssmal. Without it the build barely breaks a 100 mio. It has "at least" 3k life rather than 1k unlike those POB ninja showcases but it's still likely to die a lot during mapping.
The vid only shows short exerpts rather than a full map so god knows how much he died between making those exerpts. It also doesn't show map mods so could be white maps for all we know. With the amount of fake you can find in the POB alone i wouldn't be surprised if they were in fact white. No showcase of tier 17 maps of course, i wonder why? You said ranged builds have 200 mio DPS on the regular, well this one barely has half that so i am still waiting for a showcase that has this much DPS.

I honestly suggest you go and play a build like that if you think it's that great. You'll likely find out that it isn't. You probably think fastaf builds are great either right?
Sure, you can crawl your way through minimum investment T16 maps by using 5 portals but frankly any decently balanced build will clear faster than that on average because every time the trapper dies the other build get's a huge lead.

Last edited by Baharoth15 on May 5, 2024, 2:09:26 AM
The irony is there are TONS of people who know more than me about the game, but somehow I run into the only two people Ive ever seen who are unaware glass cannon builds are actually a thing that does content.

Never heard of deep delve? Not once? Neither of you?

When was the last time you two actually played?

Ok, 10 seconds to find any number of examples, someone with 3.5k life, no resist over 75, no grace or determination, no chaos res, blowing up T17 map beginning to end, no skips.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIWFxfYacLc

They die to the boss but still finish, and I die to the bosses with 270k ehp all the time.

This is officially the dumbest conversation Ive ever had on here. Its as dumb as running into someone who didnt know SSF was a mode you can play the game in, and demanded to have it proven to them.

You know what, if you dont believe people play the game with low life glass cannons, while watching video of it happening, then there is not a lot left to say. Good luck to both of you, I feel dumber for having had this conversation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info