THE GAME DOESN'T RUN AFTER PATCH 3.23.2 MAC M2max Sonoma

Honestly, it is pretty terrible. I am with a juiced up M3 Macbook Pro and its total dog shit especially when considering D4 via Crossover runs perfectly at high res and settings. I am honestly surprised. I am hoping they fix it, but I luckily do play primarily from a PC and the Mac thing is mostly for work, but would be nice to see the performance improve for it. I am sure there are plenty of people who want to play on Mac but who knows.

I've been trying to get PoE to work via Crossover as I am ready to bet money it will run better, but I am having issues with that too. Anyway, its mostly a minigame for me at this point as Ive given up.

EDIT: I just gave it a try after the last patch they do seem to have fixed missing tiles and textures when using MTX, performance seems passable despite the degraded graphic quality for no reason, but I will need to see how it is in maps.
Last edited by kelatazar on Mar 29, 2024, 3:39:26 AM
Me too!!
It's almost the new league, and I can't even play. >,<
"
kelatazar wrote:
Honestly, it is pretty terrible. I am with a juiced up M3 Macbook Pro and its total dog shit especially when considering D4 via Crossover runs perfectly at high res and settings. I am honestly surprised. I am hoping they fix it, but I luckily do play primarily from a PC and the Mac thing is mostly for work, but would be nice to see the performance improve for it. I am sure there are plenty of people who want to play on Mac but who knows.

I've been trying to get PoE to work via Crossover as I am ready to bet money it will run better, but I am having issues with that too. Anyway, its mostly a minigame for me at this point as Ive given up.

EDIT: I just gave it a try after the last patch they do seem to have fixed missing tiles and textures when using MTX, performance seems passable despite the degraded graphic quality for no reason, but I will need to see how it is in maps.

Don't compare with D4. Blizzard is a dog shit company, but still they have mega budget comparing to GGG
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
Also, in the current state, probably GGG more profitable to support Linux than Mac, at least Linux mostly install in Intel-AMD CPU based hardware...

So that since Mac and Linux both like 1% of personal computer user base, why only Mac has "support"?
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

Last edited by neohongkong on Mar 29, 2024, 5:05:45 AM
The question is simple, because Apple has a lot of money
"
neohongkong wrote:
"
kelatazar wrote:

Don't compare with D4. Blizzard is a dog shit company, but still they have mega budget comparing to GGG

I am not sure you understand what I have just said. There is no native support for D4 for Mac OS. Crossover is an emulation tool that uses wine...Hence my point that is very weird to have an official port for PoE that probably even uses GPT with some Crossover shit that works worse than a literal emulation of D4.

Also hence my second point that I suspect a PoE emulation via Crossover will probably work better than the port if I can get it load up, which I can't.
Last edited by kelatazar on Mar 29, 2024, 5:45:05 AM
There is no real "port" for Mac for this game. It runs in emulation , either during Intel-Mac or now M1/M2/M3 Mac, just depends on GGG's own emulator that based on macOS native SDK or written entirely new

Blizzard is a dog shit company and despite there is no official Mac label, who know the programmers did checking their code or not. Meanwhile GGG is very famous for spaghetti code

Last edited by neohongkong on Mar 29, 2024, 5:49:09 AM
"
hillbird0911 wrote:
The question is simple, because Apple has a lot of money

So, i have like 6 core supporter packs titles showing....

"
neohongkong wrote:
There is no real "port" for Mac for this game. It runs in emulation , either during Intel-Mac or now M1/M2/M3 Mac, just depends on GGG's own emulator that based on macOS native SDK or written entirely new

Blizzard is a dog shit company and despite there is no official Mac label, who know the programmers did checking their code or not. Meanwhile GGG is very famous for spaghetti code

That is what I meant. I mean that is why Apple released GPT for devs to test ports and I am sure you know 90% of ports are usually emulation that use Rosetta 2 translation layer and yes the game is somewhat ported and the code has been tweaked as to me it appears it isn't emulating DX11/12 but I could be wrong.

The point of this all is, if MacOS support and patches are a no go they should probably just drop it so there is no discussion like this.
This worked for me

Did you guys tried to :

open finder
click on "go" on top
hold "option key"
library appears, click it
go into Application support/Path of Exile
Delete the very small .dat file(s)
launch the game from this folder (path of exile.app)

if works, you can create an Alias and move it where you want.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info