New Mute System is Catastrophic - Fix your terrible moderation first

"
Arrataz wrote:
*you don't actually moderate correctly*.

Guess who's in charge of forum moderation?

Take a wild guess...
"
Arrataz wrote:
Your newly announced mute = unable to trade system is a terrible choice. Not because punishing people who break the rules is bad, but because *you don't actually moderate correctly*.

There've been numerous examples of your moderators acting completely unreasonably posted. Just recently there was the muting of a person who posted an explanation of double-vaaling. And it took a reddit post to go viral before you reversed course and fixed it. The initial response was "it was warranted".

Your moderators are terrible at admitting mistakes. They double down and back up the automoderation that comes from just blindly actioning people who get reported, whether it's warranted or not.

I myself have been a victim of this in the past. I got mass reported by someone who threatened to do so if I didn't cut my price for them, and they did and your team actioned me on it. Then doubled down when I pointed out that my "spam" was two messages posted several minutes apart, and your moderator hadn't even checked the timestamps. This despite pointing out that your team had previously acknowledged that a 3-4 minute gap was enough.

It was enough to put me off trade leagues for years.

So yeah, I have personal experience with exactly how awful your system is and now you're going to make it have in-game consequences for everyone.

Your system needs to be fixed before you do this:

1) Your moderators need to be TRAINED to actually investigate reports.

2) Reports need to not be actioned until a human being ACTUALLY LOOKS AT THEM.

3) False reporters need to be educated on why their report isn't valid AND punished if they keep abusing the system.

4) Your response at support@ to people who get errantly actioned needs to be an actual and thorough investigation of the report and its validity, not a knee-jerk rubber stamp "we're right, upheld" response. Because you're clearly NOT, in documented cases. No one with a clue is reviewing these on the first pass. And we all know it.

5) You need to be actually able to admit "Oops, we messed up."

6) When you DO mess up, and you do and will continue to do so, removed actions need to not count towards your "endless escalation" scheme.
Fix your crappy moderation team BEFORE you attach further consequences to it.

+ 5

I've been there many many times after heated arguments and simple debates in global and trade. The reports SERIOUSLY need to be checked by humans and not simply reading what the person said. They need to check the complete log at least within 5 mins of the response to see what lead up to it. There's been so many instances where the mods will only see what YOU said as a response but not what the other person said to start it.

There's been 2 VERY rare instances where I've gotten mutes reversed, but for the most part this fails cause of the response time. You can email support @ GGG but the time they'll respond is beyond random. There's been a few instances where I gotten a hour to hour and a half mutes back to back and immediately emailed GGG the minute the msg popped up to explain; but only heard back hours later IF at all.

While the new report system is designed to be childish and petty; it also needs to be completely revamped. Ultimately GGG needs to either investigate the reports manually before acting and / or make the ignore list unlimited.
I rarely post, but when I do it's important. Fighting for the player, not monsters! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/880487

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2300612
Just ate a 1250 day mute not knowing about this, because naturally we allow retroactive mute stacks after changing the entire system. So because I posted toucans years ago now my trade league accounts are bricked.

top tier keks, cya until poe2 I guess
Last edited by X3n_ on Jul 31, 2024, 4:40:38 AM
Literally sitting in an 80 hour mute rn because I made one single SLIGHTLY sexist joke in global, absolutely ridiculous. Progress stalled because of a mildly dark sense of humour.

Haven't played in months either... why am I receiving 80 hours?

I am now completely unwilling to engage in the global community whatsoever. Will be playing global off and only talking or interacting with people who are friends from here on out.
Last edited by HashtagNOICE on Aug 15, 2024, 2:42:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info