New Mute System is Catastrophic - Fix your terrible moderation first

Your newly announced mute = unable to trade system is a terrible choice. Not because punishing people who break the rules is bad, but because *you don't actually moderate correctly*.

There've been numerous examples of your moderators acting completely unreasonably posted. Just recently there was the muting of a person who posted an explanation of double-vaaling. And it took a reddit post to go viral before you reversed course and fixed it. The initial response was "it was warranted".

Your moderators are terrible at admitting mistakes. They double down and back up the automoderation that comes from just blindly actioning people who get reported, whether it's warranted or not.

I myself have been a victim of this in the past. I got mass reported by someone who threatened to do so if I didn't cut my price for them, and they did and your team actioned me on it. Then doubled down when I pointed out that my "spam" was two messages posted several minutes apart, and your moderator hadn't even checked the timestamps. This despite pointing out that your team had previously acknowledged that a 3-4 minute gap was enough.

It was enough to put me off trade leagues for years.

So yeah, I have personal experience with exactly how awful your system is and now you're going to make it have in-game consequences for everyone.

Your system needs to be fixed before you do this:

1) Your moderators need to be TRAINED to actually investigate reports.

2) Reports need to not be actioned until a human being ACTUALLY LOOKS AT THEM.

3) False reporters need to be educated on why their report isn't valid AND punished if they keep abusing the system.

4) Your response at support@ to people who get errantly actioned needs to be an actual and thorough investigation of the report and its validity, not a knee-jerk rubber stamp "we're right, upheld" response. Because you're clearly NOT, in documented cases. No one with a clue is reviewing these on the first pass. And we all know it.

5) You need to be actually able to admit "Oops, we messed up."

6) When you DO mess up, and you do and will continue to do so, removed actions need to not count towards your "endless escalation" scheme.
Fix your crappy moderation team BEFORE you attach further consequences to it.
Last edited by Arrataz on Feb 13, 2024, 5:30:18 PM
Last bumped on Aug 15, 2024, 2:40:06 PM
Their mods are like their employee they have to be told the same thing for over 10 years for something to maybe change.

Maybe enough people are going to get punished for nothing they will rollback it but I wouldn't count on it.

Be ready to play SSF or be ready to play another game.
Why am I still here
"
Warvald wrote:

Be ready to play SSF or be ready to play another game.

Since the incident described above, I pretty much have placed SSF. This is my first trade league in ~4 years, and only because I was trying Ruthless and really didn't want to do that SSF. Probably going to go back to SSF if I do another league in the future. Don't need to deal with the scammers, idiots, AND try to dodge spurious actions because I pissed someone off in trade chat.
Personally I just went to dwarven realm and went back to team fortress 2.

For the first its a game im just trying so I don't know much about it but at least with tf2 I don't feel like valve emplyee are always trying to make my life suck.
Why am I still here
Lol, this change is absurd.

If you mute someone on chat, then that should be enough of a punishment.

If the player is harassing someone by whispering there's already a system in-place that players can use, let me point it out GGG:

Pff, who even plays Standard?
Chat has always been equal parts, by volume, racial epithets and scam attempts.

That is why they ban when people try to help, and that is the basis for the argument to just remove chat altogether. I'm not being reductive or hyperbolic here.

Some of you might respond with "But that means they'll need to..." and if you just strike out the "But" then you'll have a fairly complete to do list of things that need to happen.

IGN : Reamus
when an account is permanently muted, the player who still wishes to play, has to make another account, buy new stash tabs if they wish to continue trading?
"
Raygore666 wrote:
when an account is permanently muted, the player who still wishes to play, has to make another account, buy new stash tabs if they wish to continue trading?

Well yes, new account won't have the tabs which your other acc has.

GGG just doesn't want you to speak in game.
Mute was already enough, it could have stretched for hours. But banning you from trading... that's another level of horse crap.
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
Last edited by y3lw0rC on Apr 15, 2024, 2:52:57 AM
Agree with topic. This league was the first when i got muted and moderator protect the scammer, cause scammer press report button first and i got dc during the teleport to the town and lost my dialogue screen.

The support position was "we don't care because you didn't report" "i was dc ,i don't his full nickname cause lost the chat window" "we don't care"

The situation was funny. I was asking help about price check hunter 6 link astral plate with really good roll(hp,crit etc) and it was first days. The man pm to me "1 div". I'm telling him "Only hunter orb costs 4 ,so its base costs at least 4 or so". Then he start telling me "You have to roll - mana cost on this base".My answer "Its impossible, cause its HUNTER BASE and not the WARLORD". The man pissed me off :"I don't care, i helped you, think about it". My message was "you didn't helped me at all fcking idiot and tried to scam me" and during this time i got DC and lost the chat/couldn't report.

I've connected and got 10m muted.
I can agree that last message was a bit offensive, but i totally disagree that this person got unpunished and tried to scam me and moderator doesn't care at all why I said this offensive words.
Last edited by Berzal on Apr 15, 2024, 2:56:08 AM
man i don't even use global chat. I just woke up on my keyboard(waffle face, yes) and now i got a mute for 1day and 13 hours? wtf? what could i possibly have face smashed for that? and now I can't trade while trying to finish out last bit of season. This just seems like lazy moderating or a crappy script to be stuck with this.

/E Hey support was helpful. Just emailed making my case and they gave me the benefit of the doubt after looking at my chat logs. +1 to the team for cutting some slack without a fight or anything like that.
Last edited by TieDyeT on Jul 20, 2024, 1:58:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info