3.23 crashes constantly

Since 3.23 my game crashes constantly while in party with a friend, freezes and then all I can do is to kill the instance. No problems before 3.23.

I got an i9-9900ks, 32GB RAM 3600MHz and NVMe drive. Event viewer is throwing a generic 1002 error.
Last bumped on Aug 23, 2024, 12:15:01 PM
Exactly same issue here, sometimes even without a party, if a map is juiced, it will crash with the same message as yours in event viewer:
The program PathOfExileSteam.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Security and Maintenance control panel also does not show a lot:
Description
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Path of Exile\PathOfExileSteam.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: PathOfExileSteam.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 6580df08
Hang Signature: a78f
Hang Type: 134217728
OS Version: 10.0.22621.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: a78fa1de8148a757d362879a7b553523
Additional Hang Signature 2: 9ee9
Additional Hang Signature 3: 9ee9ef960cab3b1d3c52deaef692d39e
Additional Hang Signature 4: a78f
Additional Hang Signature 5: a78fa1de8148a757d362879a7b553523
Additional Hang Signature 6: 9ee9
Additional Hang Signature 7: 9ee9ef960cab3b1d3c52deaef692d39e

i7 13700k, 32gb DDR5, M2 ssd, RTX3080
All settings are on low, tried limiting FPS to 80 instead of 170 - no change.
same deal, however the problem has been around since beta. The game just locks up consistently, and has been this way. A look online you will find many, many posts all through its lifespan. Simply put, the program cant handle the math involved when apply numerous effects. I am getting sick and tired freeze deaths.
If it was fixable, it would have been long ago.

I do believe will bow out of PoE 2 even though it will most likely be great, whats the point of playing a game that cant do what it offers anyways.

Most will spam some callous mocking quip like Good Riddance, but if anyone with half a brain at ggg looks into just how much I have contributed to paying their salaries, i suspect they will show some real concrn.
I am guessing there has been no traction on this issue? I have never had crashing issues in the past and have been playing this as a Main since before there was an Act IV. But this 3.23 (albeit, a VERY good league and fun as hell) has caused nothing but crashing issues for my PC and I have way overkill on HP to run this game. I am not sure at this point what to do as I crash in an Abyss juiced map, an Alc n Go, or just standing at the docks in Act 10 (not even kidding. This actually just happened). I dont think its the Abyss issue because I started a new char this league and most of my crashes have happened in the StoryLine. Nothing beefed up at all. I really hope GGG looks into this.

Sidenote: this might be the first post I have ever made in all the years I have played :D
Having the same issue, only since 3.23. Sometimes it'll just be an instant crash and auto restart, sometimes i just get black screened and have to manually restart (windows key still works but cant do anything else). Sometimes get multiple crashes in the same map and doesn't seem to matter what kind of content I'm running although it happens more frequently when deli/wisp juicing is involved. Running DX11 (because since graphics update of 3.21 dx12 and vulcan run at half the fps). Doesn't matter if its predictive or lockstep. All Settings low and have tried with sound set to false and not (doesn't make a difference). Playing SSF if that even matters. Have tried fresh windows install, fresh game install (both steam and standalone), deleted shaders, deleted config, disabled Nvidia high def audio.

Ryzen 9 7900, RTX 4070ti, B650M Gaming X AX, 32gb DDR5.
Same, only since 3.23 has it been consistent.
I've crashed out of 10 maps in the last day and just watched my portals disappear. all I want is someone at GGG to respond with we are looking into the problem or something. I just started having issues yesterday but it has been bad. I'm like you though i usually don't post this is ridiculous. At 1 divine a map it gets expansive. Hope everyone gets the crashes fixed and have a great day let me know if you find a post about any fixes.
"
Chronik22 wrote:
I've crashed out of 10 maps in the last day and just watched my portals disappear. all I want is someone at GGG to respond with we are looking into the problem or something. I just started having issues yesterday but it has been bad. I'm like you though i usually don't post this is ridiculous. At 1 divine a map it gets expansive. Hope everyone gets the crashes fixed and have a great day let me know if you find a post about any fixes.

same here something they did yesterday make me crash just standing still or heist
This happens while solo gaming as well. My initial thought that is only doing while in party was wrong. Everytime a big pack of mobs approach me, I crash. Is like a treshold where the servers can't cope anymore, that's how it looks like.

Nothing official from GGG either, I've tried everything humanely possible
VPN
DNS change
Cache Clear
Game clean reinstall
New Windows install
Remove overclocking on CPU
Remove overclocking on RAM
Even BIOS defaults - considering this was working fine before 3.23.
All the troubleshooting tips found on reddit or this forum

Only thing that works is GeForce Now, but that's not a way to play this game, the performance is attrocious, takes ages to cache the content so you can run a map with decent frame rate and then it clears it everytime you restart GeForce Now, which is every 6 hours with my account.

I've asked GGG for support, they said they can't offer this over email and asked me to post here, I am posting here and it's been crickets from their side.

I am aware we might not be playing the game as we did in 3.22 or before with all the abyss juicing and MF, but that's something they implemented for us to enjoy and I can't. Today is my last crash, I am done with this league.

Performance wise, no matter how many patches they do, is only going downwards.
Last edited by e0gh4n on Jan 15, 2024, 10:45:47 AM
Same here, crashing like 3 or 4 times per map on average (playing minion build with 4 different spectres, Warlord included). Previous leagues I would crash maybe once or twice during the entire league, if at all. It's really annoying because this league is particularly fun and this really breaks the game (wasting wildwoods or abysses).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info