If you dont have flicker then PvP sucks because of people who run away. (Rage Thread)

Just played 3 pvp games with a new marauder I made. This marauder does not have flicker yet, but I managed to win 3 matches anyways.

Anyways the problem is that I won those matches in the most shitty way thinkable... I just got into the fight and all that happend was me running after noob rangers or noob marauders who were running away.. Attemtpting to kill them with shield charge. These stupid noobs should just stand still and wait for me to kill them instead of ruining PvP for everyone... This is not a balance problem at all... But if you do not have flicker/bear trap then PvP is certainly boring as hell... or more like a complete waste of ur time. (lvl 28 PvP)

And yes I am a bit mad... Wasting that much time chasing noobs instead of them just standing still for me to kill them certainly ruins PvP and only encourages swearing and complaining. Just stand still if you cant win the round... or rage quit... thats also ok... just dont run away like that... It proves that you are 100 percent noob. Also you dont lose shit when you die... I can understand people running away in cutthroat... but in PvP arena its just a complete waste of time.

I wont be playing PvP without flicker again as it only makes me mad. The PvP in this game is awesome... but you need flicker to enjoy it.
-.-
"
exmse wrote:
-.-

So you would not get mad from chasing people for DRAW... DRAW... DRAW... DRAW...? Im amazed if anyone can avoid getting mad from people who only run away and you can rarely catch them. (Unless u have flicker.)

The DRAW noice in PvP arena should not be more common than Blue Team Wins or Red Team Wins.. Its just not fun in any way then.

But like I said.. U need flicker to enjoy the PvP.
Yeah I do get mad occasionally but in high level pvp, not everyone's a noob so they will not run most of the time
Animalistic in nature, somebody help me
"
FIreskull wrote:
"
exmse wrote:
-.-

So you would not get mad from chasing people for DRAW... DRAW... DRAW... DRAW...? Im amazed if anyone can avoid getting mad from people who only run away and you can rarely catch them. (Unless u have flicker.)

The DRAW noice in PvP arena should not be more common than Blue Team Wins or Red Team Wins.. Its just not fun in any way then.

But like I said.. U need flicker to enjoy the PvP.

I think that response is because exmse is a runner. lol jk :p
IGN: _Firebitch
lvl 28 pvp:

What I can notice from other games that has strong pvp, such like Ultima Online, every class has its strenghts/weaknesses. For example, pure melee can do most dps, tank more than any other class + is very good in team play (if there is some CC support from teammates), but they have much more mobility/cc problems.
In Poe, flicker strike breaks this balance cause not only melees has all those benefits but also has mobility, which even does strong damage (flicker strike, whirling blades also as aoe skill in 3x3). So, if someone is runing from a melee, he can flicker to him and instantly use aoe skill, such as cleave or sweap, in this way dealing damage twice (or even strong single target if AS is enough). This means that with 2 flicker strike gems he can do that constantly. With resolute techinque it means it will never miss unless oponent has some block, and armor is almost ignored due to its mechanics. Also, stun is generally going to happen too, + some chill due to hatred or stacked cold damage. Thats why majority of pvpers now are melees, only some pure mages, and even less pure archers.
For example, facebreaker is a crap build against any decent mage/archer who can make decent chill cause they dont have flicker and never catches, unless he has too much better move speed.

Simple solution: remove/greatly lower flicker strike, whirling blades damage in pvp.

My opinion.
ign: Grandpa_From_Graveyard
Flicker has more counters in higher lvl pvp. Doesn't really bother my build at all.

Whirling blades on the other hand can always be really annoying. However to be fair leap slam is nearly as bad.
Standard Forever
"
Ramanuga wrote:
lvl 28 pvp:

What I can notice from other games that has strong pvp, such like Ultima Online, every class has its strenghts/weaknesses. For example, pure melee can do most dps, tank more than any other class + is very good in team play (if there is some CC support from teammates), but they have much more mobility/cc problems.
In Poe, flicker strike breaks this balance cause not only melees has all those benefits but also has mobility, which even does strong damage (flicker strike, whirling blades also as aoe skill in 3x3). So, if someone is runing from a melee, he can flicker to him and instantly use aoe skill, such as cleave or sweap, in this way dealing damage twice (or even strong single target if AS is enough). This means that with 2 flicker strike gems he can do that constantly. With resolute techinque it means it will never miss unless oponent has some block, and armor is almost ignored due to its mechanics. Also, stun is generally going to happen too, + some chill due to hatred or stacked cold damage. Thats why majority of pvpers now are melees, only some pure mages, and even less pure archers.
For example, facebreaker is a crap build against any decent mage/archer who can make decent chill cause they dont have flicker and never catches, unless he has too much better move speed.

Simple solution: remove/greatly lower flicker strike, whirling blades damage in pvp.

My opinion.

You don't know much about level 28 pvp :3

What you said applies to cut throat races, but not arena pvp.
Last edited by exmse on Apr 26, 2013, 1:03:52 AM
"
Ramanuga wrote:

My facebraker uses flicker on an alternate weapon(sword). Easily mitigated.
IGN: _Firebitch
Dude poe is full PvE game so if u wana kill bossses and boring stuff this is the game for you,about the pvp ernn lol this game doesnt have a real pvp it's the most dumb game i ever seen if i wanted to go PvE was gonna play PW Internation and farm like crazy and what u do here just same stuff maps and when u get annoyed of the lag u just delete very fun game not worth more than a week of play ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info