Help me pls! Constant fps drops/spikes and low fps in maps

"
LennyGhoul wrote:
"
SloppyJoker wrote:

Your issue sounds more like a routing problem. If your connection to PoE servers is bad, changing DX settings won't do much as it's not related to that kind of lag. Some ISP's tend to have absolute garbage routing to PoE's servers for some reason, and it can happen very randomly.

I've been playing PoE without an issue for YEARS and live streaming it, and running tons of things at the same time without major lagging issues like this. So it's pretty sudden and happens at the same time lots of other people are reporting having the same symptoms.

I agree if it's a routing problem it would present as server lag, but why would it all of sudden happen this week, and also it would not clobber my outside of the game internet speed into oblivion. That's the part I don't understand here. It's like the game is trying to do something upload or download a massive(and I mean MASSIVE) amount of packets at the same time over and over. It's almost like when I launch PoE my router is getting a DOS attack (it isn't but feels like it) or something. If I even get server lag in other games it doesn't take down my local crap.

I see. Yeah well, I seen other people reporting weird things like fixing CPU loads by running twitch streams in the background. All kinds of crazy shit since the engine update went live. I've no clue what they did, but this patch is doing some really weird crap with peoples systems. So I guess it's very possible that your issues are with the engine update aswell, who knows. Unfortunately, GGG seems to be ignoring us here in the 'tech support' section entirely for the past 5 weeks. Should rename this section to just 'tech issues' instead as there's literally zero support. lol
Last edited by SloppyJoker on Aug 27, 2023, 8:39:21 PM
"
SloppyJoker wrote:
Unfortunately, GGG seems to be ignoring us here in the 'tech support' section entirely for the past 5 weeks. Should rename this section to just 'tech issues' instead as there's literally zero support. lol

I know it's super frustrating, because I went to open a support ticket and it specifically says to get help in this forum for those issues, and clearly there is nobody here doing shit. I appreciate your input and trying to help out. I just want to play my stupid game.

GGG why must I beg you to take my money?
Last edited by LennyGhoul on Aug 27, 2023, 8:43:08 PM
The issue here is CPU latency - how long the CPU takes to finish a task - not network latency.
Just mentioning it, since some commenters seem to be confusing the two.
same problem kind of, 4 days ago I was running poe fine at 120 fps no drops while streaming to discord, then 3 days ago something changed and I cant even keep 60fps without streaming, if im not moving in my hideout its 60 but attacking instantly drops it to 30s. This just started a few days ago and ive updated windows and graphics card since then. Does anyone know what it could be or how to fix it?
Try to download the original PoE client instead of playing via Steam (if you do so). I played on Steam with roughly 30 FPS, then I switched to original client from PoE official www site and my FPS jumped to 240.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info