Help me pls! Constant fps drops/spikes and low fps in maps

I have this issue, i have constantly "stuttering" only in this game, spikes, low fps in maps and sometimes crashes, thats my specs and my stats.

Gpu: 1660ti
Cpu: I5 6500
Ram: 16gb (2x8)
550w Power
(I have the game in SSD)

In game my ping is 17-30ms.
Idk how to solve i love this game and i want play it fine:(
Tysm
Last bumped on Apr 25, 2024, 12:57:34 PM
Are you using lockstep or predictive mode?
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
DoubleU wrote:
Are you using lockstep or predictive mode?

I use Predictive
Do you have an good internet connection?
If so, try lockstep.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
yes i have a good internet connection
change to directx12, solved for me
Same issue and I tried Dx12 Dx11, Vulcan, Native Launcher, Steam Launcher, Predictive, Lock step, every gateway, nothing fixes it.

Everything on my end is fine. Run other online live service games no problems 200-300 mbps internet stable, even while running other games, and streaming youtube video's and having other things open, and/or live streaming.

When I launch PoE even by itself, my Internet speed instantly drops to 6-10 mbps. I've even re-installed both the steam and native launchers. It's absolutely on PoE's end. I've even run the programs they want you to run and done all the tech support suggestions.

The Lag spikes are from 30-40ms up to over 30,000 before I get dropped to desktop. Sometimes I can't even log into the gateway.

This all started a few days ago, as I have played PoE for years without issue.
Last edited by LennyGhoul on Aug 27, 2023, 8:08:25 PM
It's an issue with PoE's new engine update that went live 5 weeks ago. It's affecting thousands of people. The problem you're describing is most likely related to the shader cache not saving things properly. You're not the only one my guy. This stuff is affecting all kinds of computers from low- to high-end. GGG is apparently working on patches to fix these issues.

Not much you can do right now except to wait. Also, I recommend checking your GPU/CPU temps when playing PoE. Many people are reporting overheating hardware (myself included), and so it may be better not to play at all if that's the case for you aswell if you don't want to risk your system blowing up.
Last edited by SloppyJoker on Aug 27, 2023, 8:08:16 PM
"
LennyGhoul wrote:
Same issue and I tried Dx12 Dx11, Vulcan, Native Launcher, Steam Launcher, Predictive, Lock step, every gateway, nothing fixes it.

Everything on my end is fine. Run other online live service games no problems 200-300 mbps internet stable, even while running other games, and streaming youtube video's and having other things open, and/or live streaming.

When I launch PoE even by itself, my Internet speed instantly drops to 6-10 mbps. I've even re-installed both the steam and native launchers. It's absolutely on PoE's end. I've even run the programs they want you to run and done all the tech support suggestions.

The Lag spikes are from 30-40ms up to over 30,000 before I get dropped to desktop. Sometimes I can't even log into the gateway.

This all started a few days ago, as I have played PoE for years without issue.

Your issue sounds more like a routing problem. If your connection to PoE servers is bad, changing DX settings won't do much as it's not related to that kind of lag. Some ISP's tend to have absolute garbage routing to PoE's servers for some reason, and it can happen very randomly.
Last edited by SloppyJoker on Aug 27, 2023, 8:13:56 PM
"
SloppyJoker wrote:

Your issue sounds more like a routing problem. If your connection to PoE servers is bad, changing DX settings won't do much as it's not related to that kind of lag. Some ISP's tend to have absolute garbage routing to PoE's servers for some reason, and it can happen very randomly.

I've been playing PoE without an issue for YEARS and live streaming it, and running tons of things at the same time without major lagging issues like this. So it's pretty sudden and happens at the same time lots of other people are reporting having the same symptoms.

I agree if it's a routing problem it would present as server lag, but why would it all of sudden happen this week, and also it would not clobber my outside of the game internet speed into oblivion. That's the part I don't understand here. It's like the game is trying to do something upload or download a massive(and I mean MASSIVE) amount of packets at the same time over and over. It's almost like when I launch PoE my router is getting a DOS attack (it isn't but feels like it) or something. If I even get server lag in other games it doesn't take down my local crap.

Last edited by LennyGhoul on Aug 27, 2023, 8:24:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info