Locus mine bugged detonation?

Locus mine doesn't detonate all mines at once unless you are mousing over your character for some reason?

Sometimes it detonates just one stack of mines, esp if your cursor is near them.

Feels horrific when it doesn't detonate correctly.
ign: Killmour
Last bumped on Apr 26, 2024, 5:30:06 AM
Seconding this. It's downright impossible to keep placing mines while also trying to keep my cursor on my character for detonations. Feels pretty bad to play.
This is a critical bug that makes it very difficult to utilize the new gem.
All mines should detonate with a single trigger button, no matter where the mouse cursor is placed.
playing as locus mine bower, this bug is pretty build killing ...
ign:
AMKr_bow
the mine no projectile shoot out and when shoot it shoot back ward
Bumping this post for visibility
Necro-ing this thread because this is still a massive issue with the support gem that makes it basically unplayable. When thrown at a distance only the mine closest to your cursor will detonate, unless the detonate button is held down in which case it will begin detonating the mines in an incredibly inconsistent fashion with a burst of detonations from the middle mines, and then the side mines, and so on. This makes the gameplay and dps on single targets very frustrating no matter what skill you use.

The only solution is to aim your cursor close to your character and detonate, which is completely counter to the support gem's design because it has a range minimum and mines thrown close to the character won't detonate. To actually detonate all 3 mines you would have to throw a batch at a distance, then aim on top of your character, detonate them, and then aim at a distance again, which is incredibly janky and not fun in the slightest.

Not sure if this is intended or not, as I assumed the downside and skill involved in balancing the gem was in positioning your character properly, where in essence it's actually having to boomerang your cursor back and forth every second or so to even achieve somewhat consistent detonations.

I absolutely adore the idea behind the gem, but it's just not really viable to use right now.
Last edited by Xanthochroid on Nov 25, 2023, 6:45:27 AM
Still an issue
"You're my Sword's canvas."
~Totes Adorbs.
And they haven't even posted it in the known issues section after all this time... nor has a staff member responded to this post...

I really don't think GGG will ever fix this.
"You're my Sword's canvas."
~Totes Adorbs.
Just started playing the same build type as well with locus support. Was looking to see why i wasnt detonating right at all, and found several threads like this. Has anyone found any official response as to whether or not this is working as intended?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info