Will the Crucible League go Core?

Totem explode on death is irrelevant. Crucible not going core mean no crafting from now on can ever be good enough compared to legacy Crucible items. 1900 PDPS bow makes everything else a joke.

This is sort of an issue, because a lot of effort always goes for the long term. No new weapon or shield can be made that is comparable to what was done in Crucible. Standard will always have absurd 1000 ES shields to throw around.

No league ever go core anymore, it's just weird. They almost all went core before Scourge. Some effort goes to always keep very old content relevant, like updating a bunch of stuff for Torment, always adding more on the atlas to keep Abyss relevant, continually making Breach faster to keep them going, but nothing at all anymore that would be removing old content to add new.

And those mechanics you are adding, they're just way better. Sentinel is way better than 2016 content. Crucible is, Sanctum is, Scourge is, all those mechanics are better than Abyss or Torment and everyone knows it. Sure, you can make them weaker when they go core, but I don't understand why always update old mechanics instead of replacing them with new ones you put a lot of work into.

I don't even understand why we went from removing Perandus and Prophecy to... never ever making any mechanic go core anymore. Just update Breach and Abyss forever.
"
screaminjay wrote:
Totem explode on death is irrelevant. Crucible not going core mean no crafting from now on can ever be good enough compared to legacy Crucible items. 1900 PDPS bow makes everything else a joke.

This is sort of an issue, because a lot of effort always goes for the long term. No new weapon or shield can be made that is comparable to what was done in Crucible. Standard will always have absurd 1000 ES shields to throw around.

No league ever go core anymore, it's just weird. They almost all went core before Scourge. Some effort goes to always keep very old content relevant, like updating a bunch of stuff for Torment, always adding more on the atlas to keep Abyss relevant, continually making Breach faster to keep them going, but nothing at all anymore that would be removing old content to add new.

And those mechanics you are adding, they're just way better. Sentinel is way better than 2016 content. Crucible is, Sanctum is, Scourge is, all those mechanics are better than Abyss or Torment and everyone knows it. Sure, you can make them weaker when they go core, but I don't understand why always update old mechanics instead of replacing them with new ones you put a lot of work into.

I don't even understand why we went from removing Perandus and Prophecy to... never ever making any mechanic go core anymore. Just update Breach and Abyss forever.

They can't keep adding this kind of power creep to core league gameplay. Standard is a joke, but this would be dumb in league.
Nice!

Fuck crucible.
GGG can you please stop pretending you care about standard balance, no one believes you, you're fooling no one. You pay literally zero attention to anything that happens in standard, you haven't made a change directed at making standard better in 8 or 9 years.

You've literally left mapping busted in standard for multiple months and you completely destroy builds in standard whimsically and without a moments thought almost every single patch.

Chieftain rework will completely ruin years and years worth of standard builds and for what? To make it even less popular than ever?

Guardian revamp will ruin some of the most expensive builds in the history of the game.

Can you guys at least be honest? Its insulting when you pretend to care about standard... Actions speak louder than empty claims that you contradict literally every patch with no exaggeration.

Also booo Crucible has been the best league I've played in years, you guys really are kind of just less and less in touch with what makes the game fun.

Harvest Crafting = gutted
Recombinators = not core
Crucible trees = not core

Literally the only really enjoyable leagues for me in the last 3 years and none of them remain in the core game in a recognizable state..

Not trying to be toxic but it really does feel like you guys have accidentally made a few good leagues that capture "ARPG loot hunting/project farming" core loops and you guys keep insisting they not be a part of the game. Meanwhile trash like "cycling damage reduction" industry worst Time to Live design, and industry worst time to kill design, the worst Melee implementation in ARPG history, and combat that is closer to cookie clicker than Diablo 2's superior 20 year old combat.

Meanwhile Archnem mods are stubbornly still making for RNG teeth pulling encounters and endless insta-deaths. Now I'm just ranting, I love the game but sometimes you guys are completely mystifying.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_

Enjoyed the items. Didn't enjoy the mechanic unfortunately. This specific item's tree I rolled in 200 divines. But 6% Str/Int wasn't connected to Rampage and it took another 416 divines to connect it all while retaining the passives.
...................................................₪₪╔═════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ IGN: DEMENTAL ▀▄▀
...................................................₪₪╚═════════════╝₪₪
Last edited by Demental on Aug 2, 2023, 10:47:02 PM
"
screaminjay wrote:

Yeah, this was always very weird to me also. Tons of super old stuff is still in, yet GGG keeps denying really fun and cool new leagues going core. If they're OP, then tweak them then?
Ninja.
Adjust totem explosion on death, but keep the overpowered 1900 DPS bow and 1000 ES shield. Ok.
However, the "Totems Explode on Death" Crucible Skill will likely be adjusted when that happens. There's no need to sugarcoated . Just say " annihilated " .
:)
"
alhazred70 wrote:
GGG can you please stop pretending you care about standard balance, no one believes you, you're fooling no one. You pay literally zero attention to anything that happens in standard, you haven't made a change directed at making standard better in 8 or 9 years.

You've literally left mapping busted in standard for multiple months and you completely destroy builds in standard whimsically and without a moments thought almost every single patch.

Chieftain rework will completely ruin years and years worth of standard builds and for what? To make it even less popular than ever?

Guardian revamp will ruin some of the most expensive builds in the history of the game.

Can you guys at least be honest? Its insulting when you pretend to care about standard... Actions speak louder than empty claims that you contradict literally every patch with no exaggeration.

Also booo Crucible has been the best league I've played in years, you guys really are kind of just less and less in touch with what makes the game fun.

Harvest Crafting = gutted
Recombinators = not core
Crucible trees = not core

Literally the only really enjoyable leagues for me in the last 3 years and none of them remain in the core game in a recognizable state..

Not trying to be toxic but it really does feel like you guys have accidentally made a few good leagues that capture "ARPG loot hunting/project farming" core loops and you guys keep insisting they not be a part of the game. Meanwhile trash like "cycling damage reduction" industry worst Time to Live design, and industry worst time to kill design, the worst Melee implementation in ARPG history, and combat that is closer to cookie clicker than Diablo 2's superior 20 year old combat.

Meanwhile Archnem mods are stubbornly still making for RNG teeth pulling encounters and endless insta-deaths. Now I'm just ranting, I love the game but sometimes you guys are completely mystifying.

So you would like to keep Harvest OP, Sentinel in core, Crucible in core and have no cookie clicker gameplay in Standard? Man, standard is a sandbox with all legacy items stacked over all these years. There are planty of builds that trivialise content if you are a standard player (btw. explody totem is a silly joke compared to them). And if they would need to look at every standard player to not to destroy his mirror tier build they wouldn't be able to make changes in ascendancy ever. Which is sick, please touch the grass and look at it from bigger perspective. Game isn't balanced over standard and should never be. Standard is this fun little mode where you can enable some crazy builds but if changes hit your build shit happens, would you like to take it to the grave or what?
Thanks for that
░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄░░░░░
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌░░░░
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█░░░░
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌░░░
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄░░ We Miss U Le Toucan!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info