ExileCon 2023 Announcements

Guys, thank you so much for all the news. It's hard even to process all the amazing new things you are going to bring to POE2. I am very much looking forward to it. One thing is tough: so many things you guys said about POE2 were in a way that said, "This is gone, and that doesn't exit any more (crafting bench/scourings/rerolling maps). For me, this is awesome news since I see in between the lines that you are getting rid of a lot of annoying micromanagement that made me sit in my HO rather than play the damn game. I'm pretty sure there are other things that come into effect that make these obsolete without compromising too much on the complexity of the game, but you didn't do a good job communicating them.

Why certain changes were made. For example, it's kind of bad that I have to use four different early game currencies to fix my resistance in the HO. With enough bubblegum currency, at some point it feels like using gold when I bench craft (early on, obviously). And I would rather just skip that and buy that item from the vendor.
Or having to roll tons of maps, if there are better ways now to accumulate maps by playing rather then sitting in ho and pressing bubbel gum currency again... But that's something only a veteran player can appreciate or even make the connection that, in fact, all these changes are a lot of QOL updates, even if they look like taking things out of the game. Because ultimately that's what happened in POE 1 things have become so overly complicated to do, even if it's something super simple. And to be clear, I'm not saying it should be less complex in terms of what we can do with items; just let me do them more easily. Like locking suffixes and prefixes... its annoying to do it with the bench, so I see why they removed it. As long as I can still do it somehow, I'm super fine with that, and I'm sure there is a way to do that. :)

But yeah, I understand that there's sooo much to talk about that it's impossible to fit it all in one exilecon. Good job teasing us; you made us have a lot of questions, and I can't wait to hear what solution you guys will come up with for all the removed things. Please don't let us wait too long and make a long Q&A for post exilecon clarifications. It's very important now to tackle all the soyboys/girls complaining about "CRAFING BANCH GOONE, WE NOW RUTHLESS HELP"... They don't think any further that you guys wouldn't ditch that system if you didn't have the most awesome solution the APRG world has yet to witness up your sleeves to solve these things. :) I'm sure there is a better way to solve this. Sooo much copium here, guys, thankssssssss again for making the best game in the universe. KEEP THEM NEWS COOOMING, and alot of love and hugs to all the GGG team I love you guys <3 *yes i just lost a tear*
"
LeftyLaw wrote:
Man, there are a lot of people who didn't listen at all; they mentioned several times that the gameplay was over-tuned and slowed down intentionally to show off the new mechanics, gold will not be replacing currency items or trading, it will NOT be like ruthless mode. Pay attention before throwing a fit like a child.

stop demanding art be the way you desire. If you don't like it make your own art, like they did, but if you realize that you don't have the capability to make a game like they did then maybe check yourself. QQ
toootaly agree lol :D welcome to reddit gamers hahahaha
Okey, let me explain to all of you why they decided to make 2 games. It's really pretty simple MONEY. POE 1 was funded mostly by big supporters early on and they got to design unique items or new divination cards etc. And now GGG can't remove those item's from the game as they may get sued by the people that bought those supported packs. It's the main reason, but of course the other reason is MONEY while having 3 games (don't forget about laggy crappy mobile game) some people will enjoy POE 1 more, some POE 2 other POE Mobile = more players overall = more money overall. And please don't forget:

"In 2018, Tencent became a majority holder in GGG, acquiring 86.67% of the company's shares."

Guess what Tencent wants MONEY. 
They never explained why they split the games like really the only explanation was that "POE 2 become SOOO BIG" well and? Add POE 2 to POE 1 and you will have even BIGGER and BETTER game oh wait no you can't because you would have to keep all the unique items all the div cards and other stuff that people gave you money for over the years. They keep saying that POE 1 and POE 2 use the same engine and run on the same servers so why they can't make POE 1 look as good as POE 2 ? Well maybe you can guess it by now MONEY why would they invest a lot of resources knowing that they probably won't even get return on investment by doing so. Honestly, how many more people would start playing POE 1 if they make it look better? Especially when they will have POE 2. 
Exilecon was totally disappointing for me. They explained nothing, answered silly questions no one cared about. They made like what? 5 hours of streamers playing the game. They overturned the game so people would die and would not have fun? Like what? What for? They have not shown EVEN 1 new ascendency for POE 2, they have not shown a new passive skill tree.
Then again POE 2 seems like it's being created for casuals, they removed crafting, added gold, made the game slow so a dad with 25 kids can still play it and feed his 12 sons at the same time. 

Let's break down the EXILECON:

Pre-show Discussion = no one cares.
Keynote Presentation = The best part of the whole show i guess
Post-show Discussion = no one cares. 
Path of Exile 2 Interview = High hopes but Kripp just asked questions that were pre planned or he is just terrible at doing interviews. Like the most important question is WHY THEY SPLIT THE GAMES. Also notice how the dev says sh** and it's "family friendly" means it was pre-recorded so that no uncomfortable questions. And really he has like 20 min to ask questions and he SPEAKS ABOUT SOME MUSEUMS AND LORE AND NZ STUFF WTF is this WHO CARE ABOUT THIS? NO ONE.
Path of Exile 2 Gameplay Showcase = Boring, pointless, why? Just why? They could make longer presentations with commentary like they did in the Keynote Presentation instead of this.
Character Skills = Pointless, boring, nothing new, nothing cool.
Path of Exile 2 Gameplay Showcase = Boring, pointless, why? Just why? They could make longer presentations with commentary like they did in the Keynote Presentation instead of this.
Interview and Mobile Gameplay Showcase = LAG LAG LAG LAG LAG
Narrative Interview = No one cares.
Path of Exile 2 Gameplay Showcase = Boring, pointless, why? Just why? They could make longer presentations with commentary like they did in the Keynote Presentation instead of this.
Developer Panel: Wacky Path of Exile 1 Mechanics Q&A = no one cares.
Streamer Roundtable: Sunday Kick-off = no one cares.
Developer Panel: Path of Exile 2 Q&A = picking easy questions never told anything interesting.
Path of Exile 2 Gameplay Showcase = Boring, pointless, why? Just why? They could make longer presentations with commentary like they did in the Keynote Presentation instead of this. ( AND 1 HOUR LONG)
Sound Design and Music of Path of Exile 2 = no one cares.
Path of Exile 2 Animation Interview = no one cares.
Path of Exile 2 Gameplay Showcase and Chat = Boring, pointless, why? Just why? They could make longer presentations with commentary like they did in the Keynote Presentation instead of this.
Action RPG Roundtable = no one cares.
Streamer Roundtable: Sunday Wrap-up = no one cares.
Race Finals = no one cares.

So we got:
6 x Showcase
10 x no one cares.
And the rest was terrible and scripted so no one would have to answer hard questions. Let's just have a nice time right :)

Last edited by omgzal123 on Jul 31, 2023, 7:08:22 AM
Exile Con is, well, it's okay, isn't it? You can do whatever you want.
You can do whatever you want to make POE2.

And? What about you guys updating POE1, you bastards!
All you talk about is POE2, which is unimportant when you think there is a major update to the core, apart from the league elements at Exilecon.

And POE1 and POE2 are two different games? Seriously, fuck you?

If they had updated POE1 properly, I wouldn't have a problem with it, but they keep doing the same crap league and always postponing and postponing and postponing the league period. And the next league is boring.

Please, please, update POE1, not POE2.

I'll buy it if I want it, but if you're buying supporter packs as a form of offering to GGG, I suggest you don't buy it anymore.
Especially if you don't care about POE2.
"
omgzal123 wrote:
Okey, let me explain to all of you why they decided to make 2 games. It's really pretty simple MONEY. POE 1 was funded mostly by big supporters early on and they got to design unique items or new divination cards etc. And now GGG can't remove those item's from the game as they may get sued by the people that bought those supported packs. It's the main reason, but of course the other reason is MONEY while having 3 games (don't forget about laggy crappy mobile game) some people will enjoy POE 1 more, some POE 2 other POE Mobile = more players overall = more money overall. And please don't forget:

Wow, a company with hundreds of employees want to earn MONEY!?!? Sound the alarm guys, this is unacceptable!!!!

My only take from all the announcements is that GGG still thinks ignoring enemy elemental resistances is a buff(the Chieftain passive), and I can't comprehend why. I wouldn't even consider 'Nearby enemies have 0 fire resistance' a buff when it's so easy to bring it down to probably -50 or so even for pinnacle bosses, and they even put 'while stationary' it. Are you this out of touch? Or am I missing something?
it was good experience afterall , but in my mind i was expecting atleast something like

-demo for the community to play

-endgame character to show how will look like ,because from all i saw this was slow like d4 , and PoE is known ofc for being slow at the campaign , but i feel like we had to see some endgame gameplay and im not talking bosses or something , just 1 zone with decent gear char so we can see the speed

-PoE + PoE2 to be just 2 different campaigns just like they told us 3y ago .. but now looks like is 2 different games completly , which i guess will be good in the short run , but in the long run people will burnout from playing poe1/2 all the time , and im saying this being in the hardcore players category , for casual players will be even worse , because they will just make thier character good in PoE and start having fun and then aboom PoE2 patch comes and they will have a choice of keep having fun with the char they grinded for or completly abandon the char and play the new PoE2 patch ...

and for last ofcource we all wanted a beta sooner

this might be stupid take , but is mine xd
Hardcore was great for the first 8 seconds or so. I think I made it through about 4 whole zombies!
Imagine paying like.. i dont know, 5K to attend Exilecon just to be lied AGAIN by "The Searing Exarch"

Remember to hit them directly in the wallet.
Diablo 2 > Diablo 1 > Diablo 4 > Diablo > Torchlight > Titan Quest > Grim Dawn > Diablo Immortal > Path of Exile 2 > Path of Exile.
just wondering if new league is party friendly?
Now that PoE2 is a completely separate game, I'm not interested anymore. When it comes out in a year or so, I'll definitely check it out. But how about our favorite game, PoE1?

This is a big deal. Essentially GGG has been (hate to say it) "lying" to us about PoE 2 aka PoE 4.0. They set our expectation for years about this. This means PoE1 is in maintenance mode...and has been for the past few years? Yes seems to be and it makes sense based on the lack of league innovation. Sure, we have another upcoming league and that's great and all, but honestly it looks like more of the same average effort power creep mechanic that doesn't add much to gameplay. How about some real expansions and new content for our favorite game and your bread and butter? It shouldn't be put on the backburner for a future gamble.

"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Guardian Ascendancy is a massive letdown. Removal of all "allies" nodes just kill any minion build. Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info