[3.24] Icicle Mines / Eye of Winter Deadeye - Cheap / League Starter / Fast Mapper / 1st Day T16

"
99prosorc wrote:
"
ölet wrote:
God damn, I love this build, how havent I found this earlier!!

https://pobb.in/yZV-qZGfhorf

Any immediate improvements? Are my links in the boots wrong?
I guess I should get decent abyss jewels as a first.
I can afford a 3 abyss chest, is it worth it?

1. abyssal jewels with 30+ life + 11-12 crit multi (also very cheap)
2. weapon and amulet
3. HH or MB
4. 3 socket shroud
5. Nimis + lvl 21 Icicle of Fanning

Tyvm! Any reason you're running port + estuary?
I tried running defiled cathedral + underground river. But seems density is low.
And Crimson Temple has shitty ajacent maps.
"
ölet wrote:
"
99prosorc wrote:
"
ölet wrote:

1. abyssal jewels with 30+ life + 11-12 crit multi (also very cheap)
2. weapon and amulet
3. HH or MB
4. 3 socket shroud
5. Nimis + lvl 21 Icicle of Fanning

Tyvm! Any reason you're running port + estuary?
I tried running defiled cathedral + underground river. But seems density is low.
And Crimson Temple has shitty ajacent maps.

Pretty much only because it's super easy to sustain the maps like this.
(I drop more Estuary / Port than I do).
I will switch to a different map when I change my strat to something else.
"
jltr93 wrote:
Can someone explain the interaction between raithpit and dissolution of flesh?

Am I supposed to be stuck at 1 hp for max dmg?

Yep. Rathpith takes away your ES and then also costs you X amount of life everytime you use a skill. You don't have enough regen to counter act it, but luckily Rathpith won't ever kill you, it'll leave you on 1HP.

This is where Dissolution comes in. It completely ignores what Rathpith is doing and looks at your Max HP and every time you get hit it reserves the hit's damage against your max HP pool. You die whenever it reserves all your life.

So what Rathpith does is it gives us a whole bunch of crit + damage based on our max HP but costs us all of our life, then Dissolution gives us back our max HP as a second version of our effective HP pool.

Easiest way to really see it for yourself is to get both and try them one by one to see their effect. The set up is well worth it. I went from ~15k tooltip to something like ~35k tooltip on icicle mine.
"
ölet wrote:

Lol, I love how we both don't feel a need to run uber lab to get our final ascendency points.
"
bwssoldya wrote:
"
ölet wrote:

Lol, I love how we both don't feel a need to run uber lab to get our final ascendency points.

I did now but I took 2 small nodes, 10% proj speed and 10% proj dmg each :)
Too bad this build has been indirectly nerfed with the changes to the left click detonate mines bind removal.

I'm at early maps, and i noticed only now that the detonated mines with either automation or the mastery doesn't count for the gathering wind, i was feeling slower than usual then noticed i could only get a maximum of 5 / 6 gale force constantly while clearing :

However if you detonate your mines manually with a shortcut (D by default) it counts and you can get perma 10 gale force again.
"
Wanoji wrote:
Too bad this build has been indirectly nerfed with the changes to the left click detonate mines bind removal.

I'm at early maps, and i noticed only now that the detonated mines with either automation or the mastery doesn't count for the gathering wind, i was feeling slower than usual then noticed i could only get a maximum of 5 / 6 gale force constantly while clearing :

However if you detonate your mines manually with a shortcut (D by default) it counts and you can get perma 10 gale force again.

You don't have any mine throwing speed. I get to 10 stacks without detonating any mines. It should be much better when you are higher lvl and upgraded your items.
https://pobb.in/pHXcDriDHiK8

@99prosorc

Can I ask why do you get the pierce node before getting nimis?

Just want to double check best split/pierce/fork/chain/return set up

If have nimis, get pierce so after projectile pierce, it will return and hit mob again.

If without nimis, stick to chain as other proj that chain of walls can ricochet and hit mob again.

Edit: ok nvm i misunderstood, if proj cannot pierce, it will chain off the walls, so pierce + chain is still viable combo
Last edited by jltr93 on Apr 4, 2024, 4:18:13 AM
to what build should i transition from this one league starter?
Maaaan I dunno if I should buy headhunter or save for mageblood.. Im torn..
I wanna farm delirius.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info