Will the Sanctum League go Core?

Ultimatum all over again.
"
_shinnen wrote:
"
ThePr0fess0r wrote:
"
_shinnen wrote:
Just need to nerf the loot a bit and its fine, make it accessible on demand like Delve (with tradable access item) and dont let it block other map spawned mechanics. Not sure what to do about the relicts, maybe make it so they are time limited like for the next 30 maps or something like the flask enchantments.

Relics are completely fine the way they are as long as they are account bound.

The issue is just that it creates a need to play this mechanic as it basically equals free skill points. You should avoid making mechanics required for permanent character power. Its the same reason Thieves trinket dont have stats and relicts are too powerful to skip. Character power from other leagues can be acquired through common currency (buying from others without playing it) which cant be dont for relicts, this means you have are forced to play it.

I'd argue that you have to play labyrinth to get your ascendancy, so as long as it's accessible it doesn't seem to be a problem.

Though yeah the way sanctified relics drop means you have to actively play it for a while.

But I think having some form of account locked random boost is good, the way relics are made it doesn't force you to use them, but getting a good one for a build makes you go "oh I wanna try that".
Sentinel all over again
"
but doesn't force it on players who prefer the base game

They're finally learning. Now if only Syndicate and other old leagues would get this same treatment.
For more detailed information, I do beta testing for $75 an hour.
I don't miss this league mechanic one bit. Good concept but ruined by the resolve system. Like others have said, it makes melee builds not as viable compared to ranged dps builds. It also stifles any variation of tank builds.

If GGG so bent on keeping resolve mechanics then consider this change:
- Rework the resolve mechanics to make it adjustable to where YOU(the player) decide how much resolve to damage ratio you can take prior to starting sanctum. IE: More damage you take the less resolve you lose and vice versa.

That one change might have me consider trying out this league mechanic again.
Coming from someone who has never completed ONE ROOM sanctum due to losing too much resolve every single attempt with very little to no return. Its highly demotivating to not have a consolation prize halfway through if you fail a sanctum.
Yes, sure. as they did with ULTIMATUM all wrong
Please don't make me relive this league mechanic...ever
RNG based power creep close this pandora box for good. Relics are to impactful
It's unfortunate that new league mechanics are so rarely being added to the game because I've been a little burned out on doing the older league mechanics for so long. Expedition and technically Scourge are the only leagues from the last couple of years that have gone core if I'm not mistaken.

I'm glad that Sanctum will be coming at some point, like Ultimatum which was another of my favorites, but am disappointed that it could be quite a while with PoE2 development surely being the focus as we get toward Exilecon. I'd hate for it to be shelved for a year or longer like Ultimatum when there's good ideas that people are looking forward to having back.
i hope it winds up in the game faster than ultimatum did. this might be my favourite league mechanic yet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info