Monster Mods FAQ

now wait for the nerfs
Instead of play-testing it like you "playtested" previous leagues why not do the following:

Start test league with the following:
1.Level up and ascension system like in endless delve so players wont waste time in lab
2. have Lily sell all scarabs, super rare legendary gear, woke gems and crafting mats for scrolls of wisdom
3. Listen to players testing your new monsters at various states of "gear level"
some melee info pleeeeease dudes
"
Trymax wrote:
"
de_Prolitie wrote:
"
heil_mods_ wrote:
Definitely some good changes, finally. Now I just hope that the modifiers won't be as deadly in T1 maps as they are right now, and the difficulty is pushed towards red maps in favour of smoother progression early on.

This "im forced to roll MF" outrage is hilarious tho, you 'forced' to juice and MF and play in a 6-man group to enjoy the game these days I guess. I don't think so.

Thats not the issue for me personally.
Alot of people follow meta's or are slaves to what a steamer does.

For me its seeing my correlation between what my character can do vs what rewards i get for doing harder content.

The whole im forced to run MF is a phrasing of a misunderstood concept.
Nobody ever forces you to do anything in this game.
The reason alot of people are upset is because they dont see a relative increase in reward towards the progression and difficulty of their character.

Party play was always in a strange spot and i personally never favoured the huge increase in quant or rarity that gave.

But you cant say that a solo player that has a character that is weaker in all aspects but runs faster should get more rewards then a character doing tier 16 max juiced content just because they get more chances of getting lucky rng combinations.
That feels bad dont you agree?

I don’t really agree with everything you said. If for you "make money" is just alch and go maps then yes you make money. If for you, you just need a build that can make the T16 and you are not looking for the optimization of a character, zero goal, then yes it’s good for you. That said, it’s not objective, it’s your personal reasoning, nothing else. Currently, the game contains of absurdity, that the AN mods ( which will change, I hope in good the next league ), and the general drop rate. Because if for you to have 99% explosion loot is blacksmith’s it’s a good drop, it’s that there is a problem of understanding on your side... Currently without god touched, farming is uninteresting in every way. Whether it is the general drops such as currency, cards, or unique ones. Currently any farm whatever is associated with god touched. Because without these, you’ll NEVER be profitable no matter what kind of farming you do. For the majority of players, have to farm 10h, to have 1 div max of the hour, with a lot of times AN overboosted buttocks, that’s anything but fine. That was the result in alch and go before. The idea of a goblin currency is not at all a good idea, especially since it requires you to priviligized rarity and a little quantity, something that is ABSOLUTELY not possible to all builds, not to mention that only 3% of the skills gems are used on the existing +of 100, because there was nerves on nerves totally unjustifiable for many skills. The same goes for farm techniques. Before you had almost all farms possible and you were still profitable, now on the 60th or so I know, for having tested them only the farm understanding god touched works, and those without god touched, it’s harvest and gasoline ( and again for essence it is not the insane, the AN are over boosted ans sometime impossible to kill him if you dont have an build strong.)

the generalization of the atlas tree, then the reduction of the rate of drop, then the exa to divine change, make that among all the league mechanics that brought a little bit, is currently poor in profitability. Whether it’s a 6-man player or not. If you are still not convinced, I propose you to do deli 20%, on maps 100quant minimum, 35% pack size, with scarab, and you put breachs, abyss, harbinger only. and you will see that you will NEVER be profitable, which was not the case before. As a comparison. Before I farmed tower for the nurse, I made myself about a nurse all three maps ( pretty provided, 60% deli, hunted traitor, 4x harbinger powerfull sometime, 100% quant, 35% pack size, more unique, abyss ). Doing the same for the map the patiens ( spoiler, to have the nurse ) I dropped, with the same scarab and setup, about 2-4 the patiens per maps. Currently I do about, 1 nurses every 15 maps ( I specify with exactly the same setup as before and the same build so CoC nova with only 30 quant, 350rarity ), and for the patiens, it was 1 patient every 5 maps. Knowing that if you didn’t go for god touched farming, you were never profitable. Before I was just profitable, I made about 50% profit on what I invested. Now, I am losing every time, or I absolutely have to follow the meta farming map, which includes the possibility to play only 3 leagues mechanics not fun in the long run, among the +16 available. It’s sad, it’s an observation, objectively, we can’t, and we don’t have the right, to say that it’s good, it’s neither diversified nor fun, because of the slim possibility of being able to make few correct build for this kind of farm, and the very slim possibility of varied pleasures from one mechanical to another. Personally, I don’t want to be the "dog dog" that does what works, because it works.

I want to play breachs, abyss, harbinger, delirium and beyond, if I invest in it, I’ll always lose. Something that wasn’t before. Since the league breachs came out, I always put a party to see my entire farm in it and I was profitable, not over profitable as on the meta farm, but profitable. Harbinger has literally become insignificant, beyond what I’m not talking about. That’s a fact, that’s all. If you like to be a dog and follow meta farming, so much the better, I encourage you, as long as you enjoy it. But if 90% of the league’s mechanical content is almost insignificant in terms of farm, and that’s only 9% that works by the magic of goblin explosion currency, and 1-2% where you have only a mechanical on the at least +60 available before that works, So no, it’s not a good balance. Add to that the nerve of the general drop, and we have the perfect combo.

To make the game 2 weeks and then limit rage exit, because it would take too much time in "no brain" mode for min max your personal with non meta farming. In your opinion, why recently after a month they had never reached one of the lowest rates of players playing on the game? It’s not "just for the sake of the small trifle," just so you know.

Completely agreed.

I had to change my farming strategies this league to farm currency and ended up spending a lot of time running heists as a result, even though I don't much like running heists due to the stop start nature of the play.

I felt compelled to drop all harbiunger content, even though those blue b*stards are some of my very favourite content, but no matter what I did, I just couldnt justify the atlas points spent on them for the pathetic rewards I was getting.

I also really like Delirium, but havent specced into it at all this league as the pathetic number of splinters I dropped (far fewer than in any previous league) suggested it just wasn't woth it any more.

All content should be rewarding, and all content should at the very least have a significant chance of repaying more than it costs to run it with investment.
Anything that pays out less then you have to put in is a massive waste of time.
"
bounchanhv wrote:
"
VolcanoElixir wrote:
"
That's the issue really, you feel the game should be designed around your wants, while other players feel it should be designed around theirs.

The thing is GGG have literally just created a special game mode for people like you, who feel they have mastered the normal game and that they need more challenge, and yet you insist that everyone else should suffer alongside you.

Go play Ruthless and just accept that you don't get to dictate the state of the game for everyone.
It is funny to see because the last year has been catering towards the people that have been complaining and crying about clear speed meta and crafting mechanics from back when the game was at its best and most enjoyable, but the moment ONE backtrack, just ONE happens and will probably be overshadowed by a mountain of nerfs coming up, those same people are screaming about the game going back in the other direction.

volcano what you said is so spot on man.

+1
"
Trymax wrote:
"
de_Prolitie wrote:
"
heil_mods_ wrote:
Definitely some good changes, finally. Now I just hope that the modifiers won't be as deadly in T1 maps as they are right now, and the difficulty is pushed towards red maps in favour of smoother progression early on.

This "im forced to roll MF" outrage is hilarious tho, you 'forced' to juice and MF and play in a 6-man group to enjoy the game these days I guess. I don't think so.

Thats not the issue for me personally.
Alot of people follow meta's or are slaves to what a steamer does.

For me its seeing my correlation between what my character can do vs what rewards i get for doing harder content.

The whole im forced to run MF is a phrasing of a misunderstood concept.
Nobody ever forces you to do anything in this game.
The reason alot of people are upset is because they dont see a relative increase in reward towards the progression and difficulty of their character.

Party play was always in a strange spot and i personally never favoured the huge increase in quant or rarity that gave.

But you cant say that a solo player that has a character that is weaker in all aspects but runs faster should get more rewards then a character doing tier 16 max juiced content just because they get more chances of getting lucky rng combinations.
That feels bad dont you agree?

I don’t really agree with everything you said. If for you "make money" is just alch and go maps then yes you make money. If for you, you just need a build that can make the T16 and you are not looking for the optimization of a character, zero goal, then yes it’s good for you. That said, it’s not objective, it’s your personal reasoning, nothing else. Currently, the game contains of absurdity, that the AN mods ( which will change, I hope in good the next league ), and the general drop rate. Because if for you to have 99% explosion loot is blacksmith’s it’s a good drop, it’s that there is a problem of understanding on your side... Currently without god touched, farming is uninteresting in every way. Whether it is the general drops such as currency, cards, or unique ones. Currently any farm whatever is associated with god touched. Because without these, you’ll NEVER be profitable no matter what kind of farming you do. For the majority of players, have to farm 10h, to have 1 div max of the hour, with a lot of times AN overboosted buttocks, that’s anything but fine. That was the result in alch and go before. The idea of a goblin currency is not at all a good idea, especially since it requires you to priviligized rarity and a little quantity, something that is ABSOLUTELY not possible to all builds, not to mention that only 3% of the skills gems are used on the existing +of 100, because there was nerves on nerves totally unjustifiable for many skills. The same goes for farm techniques. Before you had almost all farms possible and you were still profitable, now on the 60th or so I know, for having tested them only the farm understanding god touched works, and those without god touched, it’s harvest and gasoline ( and again for essence it is not the insane, the AN are over boosted ans sometime impossible to kill him if you dont have an build strong.)

the generalization of the atlas tree, then the reduction of the rate of drop, then the exa to divine change, make that among all the league mechanics that brought a little bit, is currently poor in profitability. Whether it’s a 6-man player or not. If you are still not convinced, I propose you to do deli 20%, on maps 100quant minimum, 35% pack size, with scarab, and you put breachs, abyss, harbinger only. and you will see that you will NEVER be profitable, which was not the case before. As a comparison. Before I farmed tower for the nurse, I made myself about a nurse all three maps ( pretty provided, 60% deli, hunted traitor, 4x harbinger powerfull sometime, 100% quant, 35% pack size, more unique, abyss ). Doing the same for the map the patiens ( spoiler, to have the nurse ) I dropped, with the same scarab and setup, about 2-4 the patiens per maps. Currently I do about, 1 nurses every 15 maps ( I specify with exactly the same setup as before and the same build so CoC nova with only 30 quant, 350rarity ), and for the patiens, it was 1 patient every 5 maps. Knowing that if you didn’t go for god touched farming, you were never profitable. Before I was just profitable, I made about 50% profit on what I invested. Now, I am losing every time, or I absolutely have to follow the meta farming map, which includes the possibility to play only 3 leagues mechanics not fun in the long run, among the +16 available. It’s sad, it’s an observation, objectively, we can’t, and we don’t have the right, to say that it’s good, it’s neither diversified nor fun, because of the slim possibility of being able to make few correct build for this kind of farm, and the very slim possibility of varied pleasures from one mechanical to another. Personally, I don’t want to be the "dog dog" that does what works, because it works.

I want to play breachs, abyss, harbinger, delirium and beyond, if I invest in it, I’ll always lose. Something that wasn’t before. Since the league breachs came out, I always put a party to see my entire farm in it and I was profitable, not over profitable as on the meta farm, but profitable. Harbinger has literally become insignificant, beyond what I’m not talking about. That’s a fact, that’s all. If you like to be a dog and follow meta farming, so much the better, I encourage you, as long as you enjoy it. But if 90% of the league’s mechanical content is almost insignificant in terms of farm, and that’s only 9% that works by the magic of goblin explosion currency, and 1-2% where you have only a mechanical on the at least +60 available before that works, So no, it’s not a good balance. Add to that the nerve of the general drop, and we have the perfect combo.

To make the game 2 weeks and then limit rage exit, because it would take too much time in "no brain" mode for min max your personal with non meta farming. In your opinion, why recently after a month they had never reached one of the lowest rates of players playing on the game? It’s not "just for the sake of the small trifle," just so you know.

I think you misunderstood my comment, or perhaps i phrased it in bad way.
Being able to do tier16+ and having a (strong) character for me is juicing and by juicing it implies target farming hard content.

Now this comment was ment in a response to the I need to always run MF quote.

If you see page 14 or 15 i believe, i have a comment about time investment and content farming.
You more accurately described the problem wich i agree with.
The nerf of general drop and lost incentive to do the harder content you wish to do.

Iam thankfull and happy that other people see the same issue and therefor hopefull others can too.
But as i stated before evryone likes to play differently.
But a general consensus between time investment and the subjective needs of a player being met is hard.

You also have the phrasing or misconceptions between said correlation.
What is the *need* i have to achieve for a market value to play what i want.
And what is the subjective *need* i have to achieve in correlation to what other players achieved.

FYI i totally agree with evrything you said and for me it was the same issue in terms of dropping content and feeling shoe'd into a certain meta.
Wich cant be good.
Nice, thanks for keeping us updated on the balance changes for 3.20.
TY, I can farm Essence in 3.20. Hope so :D
Kobe has made a good video about the biggest problem of current poe: loot, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVYjdsNeet8

He doesn't just speak for himself, but for the vast majority of the community. If you, GGG, cannot fix loot, the game won't be good again. What we need is consistent rewards for difficult encounters. But currently big loot is only possible if one sacrifes player power to invest into magic find which is only possible for the top tier builds, i.e. meta builds.

You, GGG, still don't want to tell us, what exactly you're up to, perhaps you don't even know yet. In my eyes, you go the wrong path. Item quantity and rarity are stats which should not be able to be altered by the player on the atlas passive tree or on the gear, since it is such a powerful stat, that if you don't invest into it, you lose a lot of currency. In the long run, item rarity and quantity are stats that only benefit the rich players, since only they are able to build strong enough characters to actually be able to fit in that 300% item rarity into their top tier meta builds.

I consider myself an experienced player but I have never been able to afford a headhunter, well technically yes, last league I would have been able, if the prices didn't go up to 200 divines. I tried to fit as much rarity into my LS-raider as possible, couldn't have much more than 150%, but to really feel a difference you need about 200-250 or even 300%, and that is only something group-players and rich poe players can afford. Trust me, item rarity/quantity are modifiers that only benefit the 0.1% of players in this game.

Therefore I suppose for the sake of poe and our great playerbase to completely remove those mods from the modpool for items, all associated uniques and all the associated stats on the atlas passive. We should not be able to change item rarity/quantity with our choices on gear or tree, instead only by choosing to go into more difficult encounters. That would make the game more meaningful in my eyes, instead of a matter of investment.
"The Hate continued exactly as before, except that the target had been changed." ~ Orwell, 1984
so "hiding" the loot goblins is the solution now?
what the hell? xD
"There are Penalties in the Game, no one's complaining about them"
Chris Wilson Exilecon 2019

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info