Will Lake of Kalandra Become a Core Path of Exile Mechanic?

Good riddance, should bin it with Archnemesis while you're at it.
Last edited by Asderpowa on Oct 25, 2022, 5:30:34 PM
Finally some good news
PHEW
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
what a twist!
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
Oh no most boring, rushed, league isn't making it core
Kind of disappointed for it not going into Core because the overall mechanic was pretty great. I think Lake of Kalandra was the closest to Diablo 3's lesser Rifts (for the lack of a better term) with a Path of Exile twist of course. So it had it's place and purpose. In the later League the mechanic also felt pretty rewarding when you got tons items as rewards from the mechanic, much more than from basic non-Juiced maps, at least.

The main "Mirror of Kalandra" mechanic was pretty disappointing, I never got anything really useful from the Mirror and always felt like there should have been a restricted method of modifying those items (like annul a modifier, or mirror a modifier again, for example).
Can we also de-canonize the Kalandra lore from this mechanic and have her be a mystery again?

I think it was an interesting mechanic, experimenting with alternate mapping systems and non-mod-based difficulty scaling. The map boss tiles felt like the Maven invitations and were kind of fun. I hope GGG got the data they wanted from these experiments.
Last edited by theta40 on Oct 25, 2022, 5:04:23 PM
"
dragothica wrote:
Kind of disappointed for it not going into Core because the overall mechanic was pretty great. I think Lake of Kalandra was the closest to Diablo 3's lesser Rifts (for the lack of a better term) with a Path of Exile twist of course. So it had it's place and purpose. In the later League the mechanic also felt pretty rewarding when you got tons items as rewards from the mechanic, much more than from basic non-Juiced maps, at least.

The main "Mirror of Kalandra" mechanic was pretty disappointing, I never got anything really useful from the Mirror and always felt like there should have been a restricted method of modifying those items (like annul a modifier, or mirror a modifier again, for example).

Pal, you're 6 challenges with a level 83 character, how many lakes did you even do so far?

Lake is one of the shittiest places in the game to spend time if you're after rewards, because it's almost guaranteed that your lake won't drop anything useful if it doesn't have any reflections above difficulty 10. A lake with a good layout and high difficulty rooms is always worth running, but that's the main problem with this league, it's completely RNG and we can't control the layout of the lake. No swap to move the entrance from the middle of the lake? Out of luck, all rooms are difficulty 5 now.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kane_GGG on Oct 25, 2022, 5:04:32 PM
Thanks lol
Good, the mechanic was nothing more than making your custom map with the bad template.
Lore was massively underwhelming, but hopefully, we will learn more in the future.

P.S. While you are at it, DELETE!!! Archnemesis monsters, thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info