Path of Exile Audio Team Q&A

Any plans to bring audio mtx to the store? Alt soundtracks and sound effects would give new life and create new atmosphere to the game.

Thanks for your awesome work!
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
How many sound channels can play simultaneously, and how do you prioritize which sounds to cull when the limit is reached?
Why Alva's Incursion lines in maps are quieter than any other npc's voices? Is it possible to make it louder? It's such outstanding voice acting though.

Act 6's Lioneye's Watch music was changed so it sounds like an upgraded version of the one from Act 1. That's fresh and it's fine. But why didn't you do the same trick with the music in Highgate Act 4 and 9? I mean, you changed the music in both acts into a new version, and that version is nice and I like it, but I also liked the old one where singing was more folk sounding because of some out of tune notes here and there. That was building more dramatic atmosphere whereas now it's only melancholic. Bring back the old version too, please :)

Can we find out who are the voice actors of each npcs?
Last edited by LimblessVeteranKnight on Oct 3, 2022, 7:37:21 PM
why does disabling sound effects increase the game performance
Very cool mirror Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3227915
As far as Path of Exile's sound system, would having a discrete audio card help with game performance on a PC?

Also, what is up with the death screams on some bosses, where it sounds like it drops the audio volume for the duration of the scream?

Thanks for your time!
Are any of the team into modular synth hardware, and is it used at all in the game?
I’m just curious what the general process for coming up with a sound is. Is a lot of experimentation needed when a particular idea of a sound is needed? Or the audio guys will already have some sense what might create that sound from experience?

Also, can all kinds of sound be created synthetically from scratch?
It will convert your forum titles into decorative square badges that use the space next to your forum posts more economically so that you can show off an unlimited number of them at any one time. - GGG, 2018 (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3573673)
Why does turning off sounds not actually turn off sounds? Like the boss in ATOLL has sound on their abilities even with all sounds completely muted.
Do you have a favourite sounding build(s)?

How much effort goes into making all the sounds fit together? I've noticed that sometimes builds can sound almost rhythmical which I think is really neat!
Who made and put in the game the sound effect in for ralakesh impatience boots? The sound effect they make when the charges are lost when moving is just painful to my ears. Since in this game you have to walk to get anywhere the noise is there constantly overshadowing every other noise. I have now turned off all sounds effects in order to still be a sane exile.
Last edited by prozlayer on Oct 3, 2022, 9:06:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info