[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Patch notes review for this build's specific stuff :

- Stun threshold as ES slightly nerfed (50% vs. 60% as we're using CI);
- Dreamer I think is buffed (more mana regen, less max mana).

That's pretty much it. Tattoos are now core, but we don't benefit much, since they replace intelligence nodes. It can help fixing resists though. I don't believe the big ones are coming back form the patch notes, but I might be wrong.

Not specific to this build : super nice that there's no sextants anymore.
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
RaGe0uS wrote:
You're confirming the suspicions I always have every league, that I won't enjoy anything else. It's also what has me concerned for POE2. I'm hoping some version of the build survives. I consider myself slow as well, which is another reason I love the build. Hell, half my high end gear I end up buying as hand-me-downs from other Icestorm players 2-3 weeks in lol.

LOL at your hand-me-downs. I used to sell my upgraded-over gear easily, but oddly enough nothing sold last league.

Regarding POE2, I believe GGG was asked about whispering ice, and they said it would continue to exist in POE2. That's my memory at least. The issue is the very different way gems work in POE2 -- how can you socket into something for which there is no gem (Icestorm), only a staff? So maybe there's an icestorm gem in POE2! That would be the straightforward solution. We'll see. I'll miss 6Sing and 6Ling gear though... not sure why GGG removed that. It was great fun upgrading my staff from 4S to 5S and finally to 6S, independent of the gem level (which does not appear to be true in POE2.)

I also remember hearing that Whispering Ice would be in PoE2. They're reworking the whole gem system so it's not on gear. Maybe when you equip WI, you gain access to an additionnal/alternate 6-link with Ice Storm attached? We'll see.
Last edited by WinterHiko on Mar 21, 2024, 10:31:07 PM
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
RaGe0uS wrote:
You're confirming the suspicions I always have every league, that I won't enjoy anything else. It's also what has me concerned for POE2. I'm hoping some version of the build survives. I consider myself slow as well, which is another reason I love the build. Hell, half my high end gear I end up buying as hand-me-downs from other Icestorm players 2-3 weeks in lol.

LOL at your hand-me-downs. I used to sell my upgraded-over gear easily, but oddly enough nothing sold last league.

Regarding POE2, I believe GGG was asked about whispering ice, and they said it would continue to exist in POE2. That's my memory at least. The issue is the very different way gems work in POE2 -- how can you socket into something for which there is no gem (Icestorm), only a staff? So maybe there's an icestorm gem in POE2! That would be the straightforward solution. We'll see. I'll miss 6Sing and 6Ling gear though... not sure why GGG removed that. It was great fun upgrading my staff from 4S to 5S and finally to 6S, independent of the gem level (which does not appear to be true in POE2.)

I also remember hearing that Whispering Ice would be in PoE2. They're reworking the whole gem system so it's not on gear. Maybe when you equip WI, you gain access to an additionnal/alternate 6-link with Ice Storm attached? We'll see.

i would bet on that, if you equip whipsering ice, then ice storm will pop up on skills page with sockets to put extra gems in
Well penance brand got nerfed to the ground, so i think gona return to whispering ice )
Still league mechanic seems meh and it's for people who like crafting/trading i think...no interesting power ups like affl charms, just farming.
still core changes like t17 maps and new ubers looks interesting.
Normaly i like crafting leagues, as you have a posibiltiy to get fun items.
BUT
Kalandra was a really nice thing as a craft league. It was easy fast and the results somtimes really good.
I also loved the beastcrafting thing. get monster craft item.
seems the new league is similar but much more complicated. You have thousends of posibiltys to get bullshit and can farm or buy new stuff to get more bullshit. Perhaps i am wrong and there will be determinated crafting things. But if not its the same as spamming essence chaos or so.
I loved the harvest league in its first try. It was so fun to get terminated crafting option.

What i dont understand. MUST i klick such a latern to come into the act or map or CAN i klick it.
I have no fun to go throught the campain and had to chose every act the latern.

so we will see if the crafting is fun and good so the league may be nice or if the crafting is als mostly meh and the league is meh.

One of the funniest leagues i ever played was affliction. easy fun and extrem power, an i can do all myself and had not to trade that much.
Hey, so happy that you are still around. I played this build a few years ago as Scion and I still have these warm memories about its comfyness and about the cool community around it!

I have a question though. Why are you using Wise Oak / Atziri's Promise in the endgame setup, and not the Bottled fath? Bottled Faith is +15% dps (tick 'enemy is on conc ground in PoB), while e.g. Atziri is less than 5% gain.
"
MrNonamer wrote:
Hey, so happy that you are still around. I played this build a few years ago as Scion and I still have these warm memories about its comfyness and about the cool community around it!

I have a question though. Why are you using Wise Oak / Atziri's Promise in the endgame setup, and not the Bottled fath? Bottled Faith is +15% dps (tick 'enemy is on conc ground in PoB), while e.g. Atziri is less than 5% gain.

Bottled Faith requires "aiming" to have the enemy stay on consecrated grounds, whereas Atziri works better on moving targets or if you're moving yourself.
I think in most scenarious Bottled Faith would still be net positive for the build, because of the size of the ground it creates and assuming you time it properly. 1/3 of the flask duration will already be on par with full Atziri.

"
Kelvynn wrote:
All maps with most any mods are a joke.

Also, I am not sure if this is true. I've checked the endgame version because I am aiming for a build that can do the new T17 maps, and I am concerned that a lot of mods will brick the build (its endgame form) or will heavily gimp it, e.g.:
1) Reduced aura effect - completely unplayable since the buld gets resists from Purity of Element.
2) Cannot leech - bricks since this is the only source of recovery
3) Enemies steal power charges: -60% dps
4) Hexproof: -50% dps
5) Crit damage resist: depends on the value, but prob at least -50% dps
6) Ele reflect - bricks (can workarond with swapping a watcher's eye for that map)

Hope I am missing something here and it is not so bad, so please feel free to correct me.

P.S. Maybe worth testing switching CwDT with Automation
Last edited by MrNonamer on Mar 24, 2024, 3:10:00 AM
"
MrNonamer wrote:
I think in most scenarious Bottled Faith would still be net positive for the build, because of the size of the ground it creates and assuming you time it properly. 1/3 of the flask duration will already be on par with full Atziri.

"
Kelvynn wrote:

Also, I am not sure if this is true. I've checked the endgame version because I am aiming for a build that can do the new T17 maps, and I am concerned that a lot of mods will brick the build (its endgame form) or will heavily gimp it, e.g.:
1) Reduced aura effect - completely unplayable since the buld gets resists from Purity of Element.
6) Ele reflect - bricks (can workarond with swapping a watcher's eye for that map)

Hope I am missing something here and it is not so bad, so please feel free to correct me.

It has enough damage that you can run those mods and not notice them.

Cannot leech/reduced auras/reflect/no regen are the only ones you have to reroll. I don't know if many builds that aren't susceptible to 3-4 mods.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
MrNonamer wrote:

"
Kelvynn wrote:

It has enough damage that you can run those mods and not notice them.

Cannot leech/reduced auras/reflect/no regen are the only ones you have to reroll. I don't know if many builds that aren't susceptible to 3-4 mods.

I play this build since 12 or more Leagues. In this league its really not a mod a care.
But in next league there are no charms so it will be not so easy.
But no regen is a bit meh as i has to use a mana flask.
no leech is with watchers eye with dmg on hit not really a problem
ele reflect is with a jewel or this league a charm not there
reduced auras can be a problem as the mana reggen isnt enought.

so if i use a mana flask i can do all mods without a problem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info