[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Those synth rings and a op crafted amulet are not needed, not even required, they are just recommended. You'll be able to do all endgame content without it. But if you really want a %int ring ,all you need is a pair of 5% int and +40 to int corrupted int. In terms of damage, it will represent less then 2% overall dps. Will be less then 200 int difference from a 7% perfect roled with essences synth ring.
A nice corrupted ring can be bought for less than 1 div.
To beat endgame content all you need is 2 corrupted rings and an Astraments amulet.
People tend to belive that those rings and the amulet will do a miracle, but dont.
The build with The whispering ice is good, with a nice gameplay, but are mediocre in terms of dps / speed / speed compared withe the meta builds, and for now not can change it, not even a mirror tier gear.

On forum people tends to copy and paste builds without understand how and why the build works and why a iten is good or not.

The season has a long duration, take this time to enjoy the build and understand how it works, not just brainless stemroll the content... there are better and cheaper builds to do it.

Take a look to my rings and amulet... all endgame content done.

Last edited by whiterockxx on Dec 31, 2023, 1:49:15 PM
"
whiterockxx wrote:
Those synth rings and a op crafted amulet are not needed, not even required, they are just recommended. You'll be able to do all endgame content without it. But if you really want a %int ring ,all you need is a pair of 5% int and +40 to int corrupted int. In terms of damage, it will represent less then 2% overall dps. Will be less then 200 int difference from a 7% perfect roled with essences synth ring.
To beat endgame content all you need is 2 corrupted rings and an Astraments amulet.
People tend to belive that those rings and the amulet will do a miracle, but dont.
The build with The whispering ice is good, with a nice gameplay, but are mediocre in terms of dps / speed / speed compared withe the meta builds, and for now not can change it, not even a mirror tier gear.

On forum people tends to copy and paste builds without understand how and why the build works and why a iten is good or not.

The season has a long duration, take this time to enjoy the build and understand how it works, not just brainless stemroll the content... there are better and cheaper builds to do it.

I feel like you should mention that you're playing a completely different setup than Kelvynn's. At this point, while you're still using Whispering Ice, there is very little in common, from the tree to your gems links.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, your setup is very interesting, it's just that posting your two rings with curse on hit might confuse newer players, as they are not compatible with this guide's setup at all.
"
whiterockxx wrote:

The problem of meta speed builds is that they die a lot
Even with 10 mirror gear they get 1 shot
I hate dying, would rather sacrifice some dps to be tanky
Also this build can do all content, while meta builds can't really do ubers easily
If you know of a build that is faster but with the same tankiness and single target, I would love that you show me so I can play it next league
@Mistok I've been looking for that build for five years. Nope.
"
Mistok wrote:

If you know of a build that is faster but with the same tankiness and single target, I would love that you show me so I can play it next league

Whiterockxx does have a big preference for more glass cannon build. They were playing the crit version long before we got the additionnal defensive layers that made Kelvynn switch, for example. I think you're both right, it's just a matter of perspective. The strength of this build is precisely the extreme tankiness of it. If you're looking to annihilate any opposition with big damage numbers, there are better builds to do it. However, you're going to have to dodge and accept dying at regular intervals.

For instance, most meta builds have much more than 150% move speed and have a lot of spalsh damage. If you're looking at extreme investement (simplex amulet kind of investment, for example), a Mageblood setup on a meta build would net you 220%-250% move speed with higher damage, but you really couldn't eat two Uber shaper balls to the face and live.

No other build I know is as confortable, forgiving and versatile as this one, though.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
I feel like you should mention that you're playing a completely different setup than Kelvynn's. At this point, while you're still using Whispering Ice, there is very little in common, from the tree to your gems links.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, your setup is very interesting, it's just that posting your two rings with curse on hit might confuse newer players, as they are not compatible with this guide's setup at all.

Both setups are fine without the 7% synth ring, my point is that +2% increased int and +25 flat int that is provided by the perfect rolled Synth ring, will do no difference in the end.

If you have 1800 or 2000 int in the end will do no difference on the build performance. Even on kelvynn's setup.

Buth with the 50 divines that you'll save from those 2 rings you can buy better helm / chest / gloves / forbidden jewels, that what will realy make the difference in the end.

The point of showing my rings are just to prove that you dont need that 14% increased int provided and other possibilities are avaible.

What I mean is that Rings / Amulet are just the cherrys over the cake and the rest of the equip represents 95% of the build, and only few people will understand why.
"
WinterHiko wrote:

No other build I know is as confortable, forgiving and versatile as this one, though.

there are builds that more tanky and doing better dps)
which ones now just farming t17 maps easy and facetanking everything...i don't think that WI can do same

but for me whispering ice just chill and smooth progression from start till ubers

Well on SSF now i doing brand of dissipation...if feels so good specially in sanctum vs whispering...just spam brand and they kills rare/uniqe mobs while they moving or you moving
Last edited by archwerewolf on Dec 31, 2023, 2:49:48 PM
More interesting are they gona do smth with that they removed helm ench with % aura res...in league its fixed with charms. but without them it gona be pain to fit 1 more dmg aura
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Mistok wrote:

Whiterockxx does have a big preference for more glass cannon build.

In fact i dont. I preffer for a tank build with less dps. But even inserting all defensive options on whispering ice builds, you sill be destroyed by the feared and uber bosses well rolled +80% for quantity or full deli maps, that are the real endgame content!

And everyone can say anything... i play this build for so long.

The best setup for ubers is the one that @archwerewolf is playing, with anathema and lots of curses, it really destroy the bosses. I developed this setup with a friend few leagues in the past, but i dont like it, i like mapping.

But this setup is mediocre doing maps that's where most of currency come from and you play most of the time.

The keyv setup is extreme expensive, suffer with lack of dps to do anything fast and suffer alot in uber fights without the perfect items.

My setup is real fast in maps, do a 80% quant feared and most of the ubers dying sometimes and uber exarch/eater must be rolled chosing the right mods.

The reason why most of players here cant affor a 30div +7% int synth ring, or a 200 div amulet is because the build wont help you to reach this wealth easily. The kelv setup is slow mapper and suffer on ubers without expensive items, is a sink of currency, so you purely rely on luck drops to improve the gear, or long sessions of slow farming.

All i try every league is extract the most power of the build with the lowest currency possible.

Because new players dont have access to huge amount of currency needed by the kelv setup, and even old players maybe not have luck enought to make needed currency to buy the expensive items.

Most players will play the whole league and wont do 100 divs.

My nick could be "whiterock" but i dont like to be like a rock, stuck forever in the same state being shaped from the enviroment, i try to evolve and improve, every single league and share my finds and discoveries with you all.

This league i tryed the low-life setup... better dps / speed / tankier coz can fit determination or grace and cheaper... way easer to start, but chaos damage this league mechanic and chaos damage on ultimatum was making me crazy xD

So for now i abort the idea, but it will keep working on this idea, coz i feel that could be an upgrade. Maybe scion with it can be viable again!
If you skip the synth rings and simplex amulet, you'll be clearing Ubers on 30div budget. I don't think those items, which are more inspirationnal than a core part of the build, should be taken into account when evaluating its cost.

With the basic setup, you can do 7div/h farming Conqueror invitations confortably (did that last league).

In Kalandra, long before we had the crit damage, I was able to confortably farm Uber Uber Elder, it's probably even easier.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info