Getting rid of console's trade market is a death blow to console players

i think its good news, sick of price fixers, im sure they will find a way to make it part of the game without having to go to external sites. for now its microsoft edge or use ur phone im guessing though, give it time it will evolve and will be an overall improvement, if you didnt know! they are making keyboard / mouse usable so just plug those into the xbox and lifes already better.
Last edited by Cchris07 on Aug 19, 2022, 3:08:23 PM
I'm a very active player/trader.

I've also never once had someone in my hideout or been in someones hideout.

Removal of trade board means no trading for me.
The majority realize this is a step backwards for console. Most did not struggle finding items. The problem is price fixers. This doesn't do anything other than allow scammers to get a foot into the door.
"
Cchris07 wrote:
i think its good news, sick of price fixers, im sure they will find a way to make it part of the game without having to go to external sites. for now its microsoft edge or use ur phone im guessing though, give it time it will evolve and will be an overall improvement, if you didnt know! they are making keyboard / mouse usable so just plug those into the xbox and lifes already better.

Yeah, let's just expect everyone on consoles to want to buy a new mouse and keyboard setup and connect it to their console just to trade on a free to play game using the afterthought of a browser that's on these things, or use their phone to navigate through all the dozens of tiny boxes on the website, assuming the website works properly with your mobile device in the first place.

This is not an improvement. This is not a buff. This is the beginning of the end of console POE and I'm not even being hyperbolic here. I, for one, will quit if I need to use my phone or laptop to trade on a console game. Reading through comments and it seems like I'm in a sizable group of the player base that feels the same way.

GGG done messed up big time. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Maybe when 35% of the player base or more stops playing after they implement the changes they'll change their tune. They're certainly not going to attract any new players this way.
I find it so funny people say they will never come to a website for a game yet they are here... posting.

These same people once they learn how much better it is. Will find something new to complain about I am sure.

I wonder how many of these people were scammers, price fixers, and abusers of that annonymous trade boards. I also find it funny how many SSF players are here posting.

I think all these folks should play a season on PC and learn how much BETTER PC is than console. PC is 1000% better than console version in almost every way other than the sofa chill mode.

Better targeting
All skill gems are playable
Moving and dodging is way easier
The community is more friendly
The trading is way better
Graphics are way better too (though my Series X is about the same)

Why do I play console u may ask if PC is that much better. I have some friends that cannot afford a PC and like all games playing with friend is the best way to play.

Though if they ever enable cross-play console will get uninstalled that day.
OMG I jut notice:
PS owners are most of the complainers.
Xbox owners are loving the idea.

I am willing to bet Xbox has a WAY better web browser; keyboard and mouse; and generally PC friendly interface than PS.

On Xbox web browsing is exactly the same as being on a laptop. (well it is just a PC after all running windows)

Seriously how crappy is browsing the web on a PS?
Last edited by Celticwolf1337 on Aug 20, 2022, 9:09:38 PM
"
MaxW81 wrote:
> trade board
> insta buyout enabled
> can use trade site to find stuff and it will redirect you to the item ingame market board

best of 2 worlds

Oh forgot about le vision...

I like your idea a lot. Here is my wish list:

1. Website should auto move item for you instead of you having to do the invite and hideout thing. I admit group inviting on console is very bad.
2. Website needs to add ign to items being sold
3. Ability to hide/block people form Website
4. Add auction feature to items being sold.
5. Seller rating system to identify troll, scammers, and just bad people.
6. Insta buyout enable for Website
"

I wonder how many of these people were scammers, price fixers, and abusers of that annonymous trade boards. I also find it funny how many SSF players are here posting.

Really? Anyone that disagrees with you just be a scammer. Because my first reaction is anyone who would want the trade site mess must be a scammer. See how that works?

I work on PCs and servers all day. I want to relax on the couch and kill some monsters in a game afterwards. It really is that simple.

I also have no desire to interact with 99.9% of the people who play the game. I like the system now, with some improvements would help, but the way it functions is better than the PC side of the world.
"
TheEyeholeMan wrote:
"
Cchris07 wrote:

Yeah, let's just expect everyone on consoles to want to buy a new mouse and keyboard setup and connect it to their console just to trade on a free to play game using the afterthought of a browser that's on these things, or use their phone to navigate through all the dozens of tiny boxes on the website, assuming the website works properly with your mobile device in the first place.

This is not an improvement. This is not a buff. This is the beginning of the end of console POE and I'm not even being hyperbolic here. I, for one, will quit if I need to use my phone or laptop to trade on a console game. Reading through comments and it seems like I'm in a sizable group of the player base that feels the same way.

GGG done messed up big time. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Maybe when 35% of the player base or more stops playing after they implement the changes they'll change their tune. They're certainly not going to attract any new players this way.

I love the idea and the changes that will come for the trade. No doubt about it. And i explain to you in simple words why:

Even Pc players have to use external browser to search items and trades, so i honestly don't understand all this hate against this choice.
The trade that is actually on console is so bad that people just don't use it, full of price fixers, wasting 3 hours to go trough 186 pages because the filters we had are useless most of the time, after searched for hours, probably the items isnt'even there because you can't just filter for specified suffix or prefix for blank out the ones you don't need (because even if you filter for suffix, for example, you'll keep still ALL THE OTHERS STUFF BASES ITEMS IN THE TB, you should know that if you traded at last once) people tryng to scam with wrong currencies hoping for a missclick from the seller and the list of bad stuff related can go on for at least other 50 pages. If you really played PoE, would you have seen that the majority of active players actually preferred to go SSF instead of going to search stuff on trade board. Don't be "elite", i higly doubt that buyng a packet of 5$ M&K would give a problem to ANYONE,and more of that just think that you came here to post blaming, but still "don't want to go a web page for search stuff".

The only thing that i can aknowledge is the fact that party on console is buggy, so could be a bit annoyng, But will be still better and faster than the actual system of the TB
Last edited by RealFraaank on Aug 23, 2022, 4:09:48 AM
"
OMG I jut notice:
PS owners are most of the complainers.
Xbox owners are loving the idea.

I am willing to bet Xbox has a WAY better web browser; keyboard and mouse; and generally PC friendly interface than PS.

On Xbox web browsing is exactly the same as being on a laptop. (well it is just a PC after all running windows)

Seriously how crappy is browsing the web on a PS?

it's pretty bad on playstation 4. Can't even open most websites and it's like using a 56K modem from back in the day to load websites.

I wouldn't bother using it, I would have to go to my desktop which is a little inconvenient unless I rearrange things. This is a dumb dumb change. Trade market at least makes selling things more enjoyable, I'm not going to be selling anything once this change goes through. Seems as if GGG just wants to sabotage their own game and make everyone quit seeing how things are going now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info