Getting rid of console's trade market is a death blow to console players

Who is going to want to play on console trade leagues if we have to go to websites (have you ever tried using the web browser on console? it's slow and terrible) and having to go to a pc or use a mobile phone to find items is just a horrible thought.

Trade market is the ONLY positive thing about playing on console. Playing on console is a pretty terrible experience overall as it is, compared to PC. We have 1/1000 the playerbase, many things don't even exist on the trade market that are easily available on PC. We have to deal with horrible frames, impossible to fully juice maps and joining someone's party to get to their hideout is no easy task either.

I can't see myself wanting to play POE anymore without a trade market. I'd probably try SCSFF if I'm being honest, but I have a feeling I'd get pretty bored with that. The only option is to just play standard league from then on where I already have things.

This really would be the nail in the coffin for console. No trade market on this is a terrible idea.
Last edited by Anton__Chigur on Aug 17, 2022, 4:51:07 AM
Last bumped on Nov 7, 2022, 5:37:05 PM
+1 I agree, the trade on console is what makes me play this game still, Cutting away the trade more or less for console players will probably make me quit the game if you make the trade like pc.... It would be great to get crossplay/trade... But change instead pc to be like console and cut away all the 2nd hand tools they can use... It will not be fair for console players wo want to trade anymore... it would probably be mostly ssf players left on Console with the planned change... I for my part would probably quit as trade if what keeps me intrested in the game...
Agree, the trade market is pretty good because you can buy and sell 1c items fast without much time loss. This fits perfect with the more casual playerbase which for sure will NOT sit in hideout and do these trade. This just means cheap items will be thrown away and make the small market even smaller.

The actually sensible solution for Console AND PC would be to have both systems in place.
Market for the small everyday trade and a trade site to look up specific endgame rares.

And no, sorry GGG I wont accept your vision of trade must be horrible! This is a game and should not be horrible on purpose! Remember, when someone needs a specific item for his build which cannot be target farmed easily he HAS to trade no matter if the experience is horrible or not.

/edit: and I forgot to mention: what makes PC trade acceptable are third party tools most console players have no access too.
Last edited by MaxW81 on Aug 17, 2022, 7:59:29 AM
"
Anton__Chigur wrote:
Who is going to want to play on console trade leagues if we have to go to websites (have you ever tried using the web browser on console? it's slow and terrible) and having to go to a pc or use a mobile phone to find items is just a horrible thought.

Trade market is the ONLY positive thing about playing on console. Playing on console is a pretty terrible experience overall as it is, compared to PC. We have 1/1000 the playerbase, many things don't even exist on the trade market that are easily available on PC. We have to deal with horrible frames, impossible to fully juice maps and joining someone's party to get to their hideout is no easy task either.

I can't see myself wanting to play POE anymore without a trade market. I'd probably try SCSFF if I'm being honest, but I have a feeling I'd get pretty bored with that. The only option is to just play standard league from then on where I already have things.

This really would be the nail in the coffin for console. No trade market on this is a terrible idea.

Then why you don't play console if you like the current trade system so much? Looks like you never ever tried to browser 500 pages to find a ring with the stats you need and waste 1 hour of time that could be solved with 30 seconds search by phone on a trade site.
Personally i love the changes but i can see why people are upset.
There has to be an option to find and trade items in-game.
Last edited by Blaze Amk on Aug 17, 2022, 11:01:05 AM
The problem with the board for me wasn't search, sure it is terrible but I usually could find things if they were available. It was never getting trade answers, and having currency tied up while waiting for that answer. Most were probably price fixers. I prefer to message 10 people in 2 minutes over trying 10 trades in an hour.
"
moneal wrote:
The problem with the board for me wasn't search, sure it is terrible but I usually could find things if they were available. It was never getting trade answers, and having currency tied up while waiting for that answer. Most were probably price fixers. I prefer to message 10 people in 2 minutes over trying 10 trades in an hour.

You keep saying this over and over like its so easy to perform trades with people on PC. People on PC constantly complain about how trash the trade system is. They wish they could have a trade board. You sound like you work for GGG if you think removing the tradeboard will benefit the community in any way shape or form.

If they push this change a lot of people will quit this game. Is that what you want? for the already dwindling player base to leave? Even if they make things cross platform you will get overran by bots and your items you find won't be worth shit. Do you think people are even going to bother taking the time to go to peoples hideouts and trade over 1-5c items? hell no. Not everyone wants to use keyboard and mouse when they play console.
Last edited by uGotDumpstrd on Aug 17, 2022, 1:58:21 PM
"
uGotDumpstrd wrote:
"
moneal wrote:

You keep saying this over and over like its so easy to perform trades with people on PC. People on PC constantly complain about how trash the trade system is. They wish they could have a trade board. You sound like you work for GGG if you think removing the tradeboard will benefit the community in any way shape or form.

If they push this change a lot of people will quit this game. Is that what you want? for the already dwindling player base to leave? Even if they make things cross platform you will get overran by bots and your items you find won't be worth shit. Do you think people are even going to bother taking the time to go to peoples hideouts and trade over 1-5c items? hell no. Not everyone wants to use keyboard and mouse when they play console.

Anyone that plays on pc and says they want a trade board either has never played on console or understands that the console trade board socks and wants one GGG will never implement.
> trade board
> insta buyout enabled
> can use trade site to find stuff and it will redirect you to the item ingame market board

best of 2 worlds

Oh forgot about le vision...
Last edited by MaxW81 on Aug 17, 2022, 2:22:02 PM
This is a not working, stupid mess because we have (in my case PS4):

the Join Party bug when you have to restart the game after some while

to Open our Privacy Settings to get scammed from all sides on the whole System

to visit other players hideouts with horrible loading times, just to get scammed or wait 30sec to 15min

we are forced to use more devices than Console and Controller Why the actual F... do they think I (or we) play on Console?!)

Trade on PC is not good without a massive amount of third party tools, for Console there will be actual one

Controller Text input is a slow pain

Console players even dont know the silent trading rules that formed out in some years

And SSF? Why is everybody crying about trading? Because most of the players simply dont or cant enjoy this, even there were a functional trade system its a less enjoyable fulltime job to play most content of endgame.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info