Developer Interview - Nick - Community Team

Nice!

What would you recommend to people who want to start their career on community communication in general? Specially in gaming industry? I have not been able to find much in these areas online. any recommendation would be appreciated.
How You doing?
Chris is really bald?
"
c22031897 wrote:
我想請問,那時候可以內建 繁體中文介面?台灣人玩的好辛苦都看不懂英文QQ
或許你會問:不是有台灣代理商?
可是我想跟你說:台灣的代理商真的爛到不行,我寧可把錢給GGG賺,就算我看不懂介面語系,但我不想給台灣那個爛代理商賺!
拜託可以新增繁體中文介面嗎?

Really this game dont have a traditional chinesse interface version being now with tencent ?!! Wow so stpd...

Is not this chinesse or what?
Spoiler
[Removed By Support]
🅰🅻🅸🅽 ::: ! ♥ PoE ツ 👌 :::
Last edited by RoryF_GGG on Jul 4, 2022, 5:37:13 PM
Wow, that Morbius spoiler was really uncalled for! >.<

/s
Whats your favorite build?
"
4lin wrote:
"
c22031897 wrote:
我想請問,那時候可以內建 繁體中文介面?台灣人玩的好辛苦都看不懂英文QQ
或許你會問:不是有台灣代理商?
可是我想跟你說:台灣的代理商真的爛到不行,我寧可把錢給GGG賺,就算我看不懂介面語系,但我不想給台灣那個爛代理商賺!
拜託可以新增繁體中文介面嗎?

Really this game dont have a traditional chinesse interface version being now with tencent ?!! Wow so stpd...

Is not this chinesse or what?
Spoiler
[Removed By Support]

korean
Last edited by RoryF_GGG on Jul 4, 2022, 5:38:55 PM
Bex runs a master class in effective communication while keeping us all in our place. The SASS is literally an art form and probably survival mechanism at this point. I work in high level tech support/customer success and I often feel like I can relate to the "new software push > queue feedback loop to engineering" part of it.

You are definitely working with some of the best who do it but don't hesitate to learn the basics of some of the other jobs ( development/sound guy/burger flipping/etc ). You don't get the job you have without having some great communication skills, and those will make you a literal unicorn to some of the other roles in jobs like this.
Last edited by Kaerthon on Jul 4, 2022, 6:19:47 PM
Pretty neat
"
77x0 wrote:
Is this the same Nick who has been accredited with the brilliant "per diemon" pun and many of the jokes in the English version of patch notes?

Could you let me know who it was that came up with the Isla's name a pun? [She is the only rogue for hire that is not involved in an unlock chain--no man is an island, but Isla is]

I wish I could take credit for the creativity for those, but that was another Nick.

"
Nice!

What would you recommend to people who want to start their career on community communication in general? Specially in gaming industry? I have not been able to find much in these areas online. any recommendation would be appreciated.

I didn't study communications so my advice may not be sound, but I think having a variety of skills as well as having a good work ethic helps. In my particular case, I found that being competent in Photoshop and document/spreadsheet processing helps with a lot of behind the scenes stuff. Having experience with the game and being in the same country as its developers definitely helped too, I was very lucky there. People skills are also good to have since you'll end up communicating with them a lot! I'm very new to working in the gaming industry, so I'd say I'm learning as I go. Bex helps out a lot with that too (bless her).

"
Frickyricky wrote:
Whats your favorite build?

Of all time? Anything Cast on Crit related. Though last league I pushed the furthest I've ever been on an Explosive Arrow Hierophant! It was very comfy to play! (thank you xaitv and Ziz p:)
Ty Nick for the interview.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info