When does console get a patch to fix... The last patch?

I love games like d2 and poe, i play poe cause there no Alternative on Markt, but one Day IT will Come one Alternative game, and i will drop poe, even if i musst pay for another game. You know Start of 3.18,they neddet 5 Day to fix some litle Thing. We habe to wait 1 week more as PC gamers, We habe to wait 5 Day more cause of Bug We habe to wait 5 min by loadsreen if i go to map or back in HO
I bet if I posted a thread about MTX or gamble box purchasing issues someone would have responded same day, just saying.
The load times are pretty painful. Im not sure what happened but on. Series x it used to take 5 seconds to go in a nd out of a map now its like a minute.
Hi all. We expect to get a revert patch for consoles within a few days.
Sorry about the wait. :(
A few days? Damn……. Why the delay?
"
JoeUtopia wrote:

Console certification takes a while because Sony/Microsoft likely need to validate the update internally and check it for malware and such as the update has to be stored on their respective servers before being deployed to our consoles.
"
"
JoeUtopia wrote:

Console certification takes a while because Sony/Microsoft likely need to validate the update internally and check it for malware and such as the update has to be stored on their respective servers before being deployed to our consoles.

While I expect that to be what GGG would say, other companies seem to have the ability to get patches out much quicker. I suspect this is a money thing for GGG and I also suspect they are trying to add other updates and not just a version reversal (which would have already been certified).

And, it is blatently obvious that this last patch was not internally validated - on PC, Xbox or PS. I truly wonder about the testing algorithms used before updates are released.
days to revert a patch? days...
"
"
JoeUtopia wrote:

Nonsense. Both Sony and Microsoft both have a 'same-day certification' patch procedure.
"
JoeUtopia wrote:
"
"
JoeUtopia wrote:

While I expect that to be what GGG would say, other companies seem to have the ability to get patches out much quicker. I suspect this is a money thing for GGG and I also suspect they are trying to add other updates and not just a version reversal (which would have already been certified).

And, it is blatently obvious that this last patch was not internally validated - on PC, Xbox or PS. I truly wonder about the testing algorithms used before updates are released.

It costs money for each update to be certified. The more updates they push out, the more it will cost.

I suspect the reason for delay is that console development have a seperate team than PC development, thus also a different codebase.

As for them having "same-day certification", that might be true but the reality is they need to upload the update to their own servers, then deploy that update worldwide. Whereas with the PC standalone client (non-Steam), the patch comes straight from GGG.

Believe what you will about how patches are deployed, we are all in agreement that GGG messed up the past few patches.
Last edited by ApexMutilation on Jul 5, 2022, 8:42:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info