[3.23 Work in Progress] f1rstborn's Shockwave Totem Inquisitor | Sanctum God farmer. | WIP

I have been reading as much of this guide as possible. But I haven't been able to figure out why you have Whispers of Doom. At least its in the leveling guide.
Last edited by xNxBxDx on Jan 11, 2023, 9:04:05 PM
"
karbengo wrote:
Hello, I just finished all the acts and unsure of what to do. I took a 2 year break from the game reaching 36 challenges completed in 2 of the leagues. However, I am now quite overwhelmed with all the new stuff in the game such as divine orbs being one of the main currencies instead of exalts. I am just unsure of what do do regarding passive skill tree (switching off from Elemental Overload, as said in the levelling POB to crit totems and when to switch from hierophant to inquisitor which I will only end up with 2 totems to play around with.) Thanks, the levelling build breezed through the acts but I am just a bit lost now.

Any help is much appreciated.

I played this as a league starter as I wasn't sure if I was going to have time this league for multiple characters (turns out I do now but hindsight is 20/20), and while it was clunky compared to a lot of other starters I've played as, it was passable (6/10), a bit squishy at first before investment, and having to aim totems was not great for certain content early on - especially things like harbingers, etc.

That said... I even played it as an inquisitor the entire time and played until mid yellow maps without issue and without major upgrades with just the tree, yellow items, and general upgrades.

Your profile is hidden, so hard to give you any help, but by far the only two early major upgrades you need is the Astral Projector and Hrimsorrow and then soon after a six-link of any kind (Tabula, cheap rare with socket colors).

All of which is 20x cheaper than it was at league start. This alone with your passive points from leveling to 85/campaign and switching to crit can easily carry you to red T14 with ease to help you unlock passive points for your map, get your first voidstones, etc. Then every incremental upgrade after that (max jewels, empower, cluster jewels, etc) will just zoom you into endgame content before you know it.

As to all the new content you missed, new tree system, etc. I'd say watch a few videos, or just play and experiment. There are so many ways to make money even for the average new player. People are still buying most things at this time, so anything crafting or boss related is still selling. You can literally just sell the invitations you find, lifeforce, essences and quickly make enough to fund the first parts of your build.

I'm still missing major upgrades (Empower 4, Iron Will, Ashes, Better Gloves, Better Flasks, any of the expensive jewels beyond the forbidden ones) and while I have the money I haven't even felt the need to purchase them, instead opting to save for another build or get lucky with an Ashes drop, and still in the 30million dps range as far as I can tell in POB, even before Righteous Fire.

My only real complaint about the build is that defensively, it's super squishy until you get your Glorious Vanity + Corrupted Soul + Determination and there are a lot of other meta builds that are both strong with more defenses built in than this build.

That said, the play style itself is still defensive enough as you are always moving with your totems and it handles endgame bosses with ease, even some Ubers at my current level of investment. Not 100% sure if it gets 7/7 viable (maybe with more skill than me) but it's definitely strong for sure and also great for Sanctum which it trivializes as well.

The only content I've actually struggled with so far is Uber Sirus (no spell supression and my skill level) and Simulacrum (I can get to 25/26). No idea if maximum upgrades fixes this for me or not, but that will be my goal of a new build if I reroll.

Last edited by wakasm on Jan 12, 2023, 1:56:29 AM
"
xNxBxDx wrote:
I have been reading as much of this guide as possible. But I haven't been able to figure out why you have Whispers of Doom. At least its in the leveling guide.

We're using Assassin's Mark and Punishment. In order to have both curses applied to the same mob, you need an additional curse, e.g. by using Whispers of Doom.

If it's worth those 4 passive points to get Whispers... well, that's another topic ;)
How do we get 100% phys to cold ?

i have Ashes+divergent shockwave totem = 96% conversion. where to get the last 4%?
"
pegi2013 wrote:
How do we get 100% phys to cold ?

i have Ashes+divergent shockwave totem = 96% conversion. where to get the last 4%?

You can get the remaining conversion as Eater of Worlds implicit on your gloves.
Hi guys,

It's my first time getting this far in the league. But I feel that I don't have the damage that I should have. What am I doing wrong? Should I change to inquisitor?

I only have 3 divine orbs to spend.

https://pastebin.com/bzGPHT1N

Thanks for the help
Last edited by eukesei on Jan 15, 2023, 11:50:23 AM
Why does the PoB have this in the config tab?

nearby enemies take 30% increased cold damage? There isnt a relic mod for that
"
Juts wrote:
Why does the PoB have this in the config tab?

nearby enemies take 30% increased cold damage? There isnt a relic mod for that

This is from the Creeping Frost + Bonechill interaction. It will create a chilling area on top of chilling the enemy. The chilling area portion is not calculated in POB, supposedly.

On that subject, I've been using cold snap on an arcanist brand instead of Creeping Frost. It should have a chilling area also. I wonder if it's equivalent.
Last edited by Geoffrois on Jan 15, 2023, 4:18:26 PM
Hey, I just respecced into your build, and it's starting to come online. Really like it, thanks for the guide!

Since I played a totem build before on Hierophant, missing the placement speed from Pursuit of Faith feels a bit slow, so my first big upgrade will very likely be the Forbidden jewels. I noticed that the description in the gearing section is a bit outdated, the price is still in ex, not in div. Also, unfortunately (and maybe due to the popularity of the build?) the prices have come up quite a bit, the blue one is ~200c, while the red one is ~4div.

Looking at Skin of the Lords, what are some good keystones, before I can afford Iron Will (which starts at 5div with the right socket colors)?

Some cheaper options I looked at are:

Divine Shield (https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Divine_Shield)
Iron Reflexes (https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Iron_Reflexes)
Magebane (https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Magebane)

Any thoughts or recommendation on that?
"
nukular wrote:
Hey, I just respecced into your build, and it's starting to come online. Really like it, thanks for the guide!

Since I played a totem build before on Hierophant, missing the placement speed from Pursuit of Faith feels a bit slow, so my first big upgrade will very likely be the Forbidden jewels. I noticed that the description in the gearing section is a bit outdated, the price is still in ex, not in div. Also, unfortunately (and maybe due to the popularity of the build?) the prices have come up quite a bit, the blue one is ~200c, while the red one is ~4div.

Looking at Skin of the Lords, what are some good keystones, before I can afford Iron Will (which starts at 5div with the right socket colors)?

Some cheaper options I looked at are:

Divine Shield (https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Divine_Shield)
Iron Reflexes (https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Iron_Reflexes)
Magebane (https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Magebane)

Any thoughts or recommendation on that?

I'm using the one with Iron Reflexes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info