The Well-dressed Exile Competition

Natural

Premium category

Front, back and side with apparition
Spoiler

Front and Back without apparition
Spoiler

"Give up everything in pursuit of Greatness - even Life itself".

First Mirror Drop: 09/01/2023 - Defiled Cathedral - Sanctum League.
Premium Category

premium front in action

premium front still

premium back in action

premium back still

45 degree angled back (for the better view of huntsman wings)

front view with some blades on the ground

explanation of premium drip
For my premium setup, I went with a green, gold, and black combo, but overall kept the effects simple.

It utilizes huntsman gloves and boots since they have a nice ring of neon green vines as well as the nexus utility flask skin for the nice green lightning that fade into darker, almost black streaks near the edge. The nexus effect can be sustained either with mageblood or some other permanent uptime setup, but mageblood is preferred so that is stays on in towns.

On my back are huntsman wings, which have bright green spores on the bug and leave a nice shimmering yellowgreen effect when they flap (along with the relatively gold wings themselves).

My helmet is the harmony helmet, which I find to be one of the nicer full-gold helmets. It's sort of in the Goldilocks zone for me where its noticeably larger than your head, but isn't massive. It's gold, but not blindingly shiny. The spikes and tentacle-like ornamentation extend out enough to be noticeable without feeling like my character is a porcupine. The yellow highlit gems are nice accents without stealing the spotlight. All around a great piece of armor. It also has a black cloth which covers your face since the front of the helmet is actually open, making it more like a rigid hood than a full on helmet.

With this in mind, I've chosen to add the harbinger challenge eyes, which can be very slightly seen obfuscated by the fabric. They also have the interesting effect with this helmet of the light being split vertically, giving the appearance of an extra set of eyes which is neat. Abyss eyes are another potential option, leaning in the green direction, but the blue of harbinger gives it extra accent, highlighting the eyes as nothing else is as blue, while still matching the color pallet, being blended by the slight navy tint of shadowstalker body armor (and that blue as a color is close to green).

That then brings us to shadowstalker, which is a very clean black, leaning slightly blue in some places, cloak. The details on the fabric are quite nice if you've never looked before, and it has the rigid gold collar and crest on the belt that work quite nicely with the rest of the set. Ive chosen this over other options since huntsman gloves and boots appear to be made of a soft material, so the cloak, pant legs, and chest piece blend well into them, matching both color and material. However, the rigid gold accents around the collar then also transition well into the rigid gold helmet (while still maintaining a soft neckline to match the black fabric under the mask).

The deepwater frog, dark advisor, and reaper apparition stay on theme, with the deepwater frog being especially cute. The reaper apparition is easy dropped since it lacks the green highlight, but I find that since the apparition rarely appears, the lack of green isn't an issue and their inclusion is an overall boon to the set.

Metamorph footprints contribute black pulses around the feet and leave a very clear trail of dynamic prints behind you without stealing the show from the actual character by being excessively bright. The dark advisor has a short green trail which makes up for the lack of a green trail effect elsewhere (and additionally meant I wasn't in need of a green trail on boots to avoid them competing).

Finally, I've gone practical with the skills and weapons: two poets pens, frenzy, bladefall, and blade blast (with no mtx as they are already nicely green and black). It's one of my favorite levelling setups and happens to work very well with this set. Frenzy leaves nice long green trails along the arc of the attack as well as behind the projectile. It also turns your weapon bright green for a few frames. Bladefall and blade blast combo together to deal plenty of damage, and the lingering blades from bladefall match the black and green colors of the set amazingly (however they are quite large and block the view so I've left them out of most of the screenshots).

I also like the default 3d art of poets pens, so I've elected to not cover them up. They have a nice gold trim to the handle and the feather's orange isn't far enough from rest of the dark, dull golds of the set to necessitate a reskin imo. However, everyone likes a nice weapon trial (afterimages make you faster, similar to flames on cars; everyone knows that) so the soulstunning weapon effect is an obvious choice. Rarely will I actually stun with the attack, but it leaves a great effect behind the pens while moving or swinging without covering up or recoloring the weapon itself like most other mtx do. Great addition to many a mtx setup that wants a trail without the rest of the (comparatively) gaudy weapon effect.

I've chosen to not use either of the ring effects. Ring of the exorcist fits the color pallet, but the skull clips into the hand a bit much and is overall seems to distract from the rest of the character for me. It does work though and might suit your tastes. I similarly chose to not use any character or aura effects since the utility flask mostly has that area covered and everything else was too distracting from the actual getup.

This character is a scion. I thought the getup looked nicest on her, though it works well with just about everyone, perhaps with marauder being the worst? Hes quite bulky, which makes the huntsman wings feel too small by comparison. Still nice though.

natural front

natural back

explanation of natural drip

I've chosen a light theme for this one since its what spoke to me when sifting through my stash.
Started out with two supreme truths and lori's lanterns for the lighting effects they grant. From there I chose to go with a white suit, and the prophecy unique set worked great for that, adding some nice red highlights in there as a bonus. I didn't like the look of eber's unification, however, so it stayed out.

From there, I had some trouble deciding how to further the theme. How could I make the character brighter white? It was plenty white, but it could be brighter, so I put everything into light radius. Skin transfers for incandescent heart, nycta's lanterns (which have their own lighting effect but have some pretty unsavory 3d art imo), sunblast, marylene's fallacy, and wreath of phrecia. I went ahead and juiced a bit of flask effect and put on a divination distillate too, totalling 291% increased light radius.

I've left wreath of phrecia without a skin transfer since ranger's hair is quite bright blonde already and leaving the head exposed like that keeps the "white suit" look in tact rather than transforming it into battle armor.

Screenshot taken in act 9 tunnels to highlight just how fucking bright she is.

Truly, my ranger has the whitest whites in all of wraeclast. If only we all could be so grossly incandescent. Just have to be wary of dirt.
Last edited by OxidisedGearz on Jun 9, 2022, 2:27:53 PM
Sure why not! I loved this look when playing gladiator lacerate (Premium category):

Last edited by Gorefight on Jun 8, 2022, 2:57:50 PM

Natural category

Spoiler

"Give up everything in pursuit of Greatness - even Life itself".

First Mirror Drop: 09/01/2023 - Defiled Cathedral - Sanctum League.

Premium entry:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info