[3.20] Lightning Trap Saboteur | League Starter | Endgame Bosser | 4+mil dps on a 5link.

"
topa45EU wrote:
I played that build last league and it was super fun! Will start LoK with it again. Thanks for guide!

My_equip

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Good luck on league start!
Hello

I played explosive trap secret of suffering omni this league and i fall in love with traps

I really really want to play your build since i played many leagues charge stacker assasin icicle mine but im very afraid of uniques drop rate after ggg “ balance “

Your strength is the law !!

MadG poe on youtube for mellee content
"
eldest-bike4 wrote:
Hello

I played explosive trap secret of suffering omni this league and i fall in love with traps

I really really want to play your build since i played many leagues charge stacker assasin icicle mine but im very afraid of uniques drop rate after ggg “ balance “

Valid concern. Wish I could tell you it will be fine, but I simply don't know until after league starts. If you choose to play the build I wish you the best of luck finding the key items.
Really like the approach scaling charges rather than low life. Great guide, a lot of people will stop sleeping on this trap this league haha.
League started this build for 3.19. One of the smoothest league starts I've had. High damage,very fast clear (especially once you get some pierce) and feels strong even with subpar items. Would recommend this to players of all levels.
Idk, IMO this build is mediocre at best before you invest in power charge stacking. Im hitting Red maps and getting insta blasted into my face with this build, dont even have enough damage to take down the quest pinnacle´s because i´d need to bring 5 manaflask´s to even sustain throwing traps for more than 5 seconds without the Gloves. Everything that looks at you kills you too. Worst league start experience so far sadly.
First of all if you are experiencing mana issues go Eldritch Battery until you acquire the gloves and go for a 5l Tinkerskin so your mana issues are solved for good.

Second if you have the Tinkerskin and you know the playstyle of traps of Saboteur in general you do not die that much but yes before some investments any characters especially on Saboteur is squishy. I have around 4k life and about 25k evasion atm and 16 lvl steelskin. Except those I really dont have anything else as special defenses like sabo regen and tinkerskin hp recover etc. and its pretty smooth for me right now. Im newly into red maps and they are just melting away except the archnemesis mod stacked rares and i just killed the quest pinnacle eater of worlds first boss without the phase where you have to find the gate to get back to the boss room.

TLDR, you need to get used to the playstyle of Sabo and traps a little I think. Once those are settled u will see its not that hard to NOT die.
I've played traps every league ive played for years so I know the playstyle, this build is just a really bad league starter. I finally got my 2 voids and ammy but the build was absolutely terrible before that, even now it feels weak in a lot of content. A build that requires 3 very expensive uniques to function at the base level should not be advertised as a league starter.
Hi, I'm interested in this, but I'd like to know - is this a viable build for uber pinnacle boss melting, if I reach the same level of investment as your one on standard?
"
Zqce wrote:
Idk, IMO this build is mediocre at best before you invest in power charge stacking. Im hitting Red maps and getting insta blasted into my face with this build, dont even have enough damage to take down the quest pinnacle´s because i´d need to bring 5 manaflask´s to even sustain throwing traps for more than 5 seconds without the Gloves. Everything that looks at you kills you too. Worst league start experience so far sadly.

I did warn in the league start version without a couple key uniques, that it was a temporary build capable of red maps, and even literally used the same phrase "mediocre at best".

As far as the mana issues I did mention a few solutions until you get the gloves, such as life tap support, or at least inspiration to reduced the cost.

I also mentioned in a few places, including the pros and cons, that the void batteries can be a couple ex(div) for the first 2 days.

As far as the squishiness is concerned, yes it can be squishy early on. Some of that is player skill, another part of that is the nature of the build, but the biggest reason is the changes to make rare monsters harder that they did this patch. Essence monsters and beasts in particular can have several times as much health as the map boss for the same zone. GGG is aware of this issue, which affects everyone, not just this build, and plans to make some changes to mitigate it. This is detailed here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3296718
Last edited by Ekule731 on Aug 22, 2022, 12:48:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info