Lore Stories: Siege of the Atlas

I didn't get the most of it. Cool. I like the exploration of a Lovacraftian cycle to Atlas storyline. I even started to like Maeven.
I love the lore and I love to know that you do things behind that scenes in order for the things we see to make sense, if only to those Entities.
Keep up the great work and I can't wait to see and kill all the other Champions that come to take the Atlas.
"a bunch of half-trained volunteers, an Exile, and a psychopathic hatchling are all that stands between humanity and an unimaginable fate."

and sparkling MTX ponies.. those are truly the worst horrors to appear in this "dark" ARPG.

A "no mtx/pets" option would help align the ingame atmosphere with the one so well conveyed here.
Mmkay, so its Protoss and Zerg, afterall xD

Nice, I love that setting.
Makes me wonder... is Chaos one of those primordial eldritch beings? What about Kalandra? Both would make sense. I feel like Kalandra in particular would fit nicely, representing infinity (endless reflections, infinite self-symmetry. Think two mirrors opposing each other or fractal imagery).

Seriously though, I want some more Kalandra lore at this point.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Nice, though your design still reflects one human conceit: You say your Eldritch beings “do not clash directly, lest they 'rend the very cosmos asunder.'”

No, the cosmos would be just fine, continuing on in its unfathomably grand cycles of entropy distortions and equalizations. But it would be irrevocably altered such that it would no longer be habitable to these Eldritch beings. They would be plunged not into something more horrible than their current existence, but into something unknown; and, recognizing that, it’s the one thing they fear.
Take my advice. I'm not using it.
Pog
Love this. What a great job you guys did with this expansion!!

-Orion (who has now logged something north of 10k hours in your world).
moar lore and insights into lore like this
poe media launchpad: https://pathofexile.media
character showcase: https://startyparty.dev/poe
Man. Makes me curious what our slice of the cosmos is going to look like when the Maven grows up into her own cosmic horror, consuming the universe in the same way as all these other unspeakables.

Certainly something involving endless conflict and rebirth -- but it seems the other entities, by their natures, transform their subjects, be they burning brains, writhing limbs, or husks. Is the Maven unique in that she does not? Or does she not...yet?

Or maybe she already does. Maybe everyone and everything in Wraeclast wasn't born with the innate desire to slaughter, loot, and grow stronger. Maybe the Maven's influence is already here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info