3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

Most welcome. I confess I'd not checked how expensive "useful" That Which Was Taken gems had become in this league. Anything with three-of what we need are now (probably not) selling for a mirror...

Rather the limits the flexibility that the jewel gives this build.
Current Build: Level 100 Elementalist EA Totem
https://pobb.in/MKAloyhqUAOA
- Bossing
- Mapping
"
Thavith wrote:
Anyone willing to take a look? I will take any advise you are willing to share. I also read the previous couple of posts and see some things that may apply to me as well. This is as much a request to get better now, as it is to just be better prepared next league.

Hey. Taking a quick look too. I see you've equipped death rush and defiance so i'll go with your current build.

First, about defences :
- aim for 100% spell suppression (you want 100)
- also gotta fix lightning res (you want 75 on all 3 elem resists).*
( - long term, more chaos res, so you're at 0+, the more the better, but it's fine as is for now, the new ring helped)

- HP is a bit low, you'll feel better at 3k+ (even3k5+)
For starters : 15% life mastery will help nicely since you use hyrri's ire (currently gives 238 hp)

A few things you can remove in tree to get better nodes right now
- doryani's lesson
- accuracy mastery (weathered hunter is fine for now, you can remove these 3 points later when your stats are fixed)
- vigour

Helmet could be improved for like 1c, buying a devoto's devotion. Requires to fix your cold res
*You could get a taming ring (didn't check price but shouldnt be expensive at this point in the league) to replace your rare ring, this will fix resistances and allow you to upgrade other things.
Your flammability ring serves no purpose right now (you've got the gem setup).
Gotta go with lifetap instead of culling though (since we swap the helmet for more comfort.
Btw, forget the golems, it's nice early to help a bit but they just die all day in t16. No need to keep burning damage on your flame dash either. You could get yourself molten shell instead for example.

About the gloves, same as already been said, yours are quite nice but a non influenced pair would be better (look for attack speed/accuracy/spell suppr, if you can get/craft some life on it, will be better.
Then, it allows you to get eldritch implicits, especially the ignite spread one, so you can remove ignite prolif from bow and get (aw) elemental damage instead for a nice dps boost.

Then the mid term thing would be the cluster setup, and the malevolence small cluster so you can add malevolence to the build for lots lots lots of damage. But it's late in the league, you can still get your fun without it :)

Edit :
- also, the 15% duration from Damage Over Time Mastery will give you a really nice damage boost

Anyway, didn't review everything, just a few tips to help your end of league.

Have fun out there !
EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
Headtourist-
Thank you!

I feel like I am back in school and someone took a red pen to circle all the dumb things I thought were smart. In a good way though, and very constructive! Between your recs and Wilson-Chan’s suggestion to switch out the charm, and ring/amulet combo I think I have my goals set for this league. More important, I see a bit better how you think about /balance the nodes and the armor pieces.

New helm in 30 minutes when I get home :-)

Thanks guys.

That (from your Char-list) now looks like a solid setup that should take you through all the content.

Bad news is that after this improvements start to get expensive/rare.

Next target might be the helm - switching to a decent blizzard crown, or the radical change to the devouring diadem setup some people use.
- Bossing
- Mapping
I'm thinking about either getting a Mageblood or a Headhunter since I found something pretty expensive and sold it.

So what would be more fun? I don't even remember if I asked this before.
Also when getting a 4 slot Mageblood, what would I use as the 4th magic flask? Atziri's promise won't count here.
Get a Mageblood. I've tried both. Headhunter offers thrills, but MB totally changes the level of play. I'd buy the MB now, and perhaps leave HH to the final days. just to see how silly it is.

MB is great not only because of its main effects, but also because it allows you to ignore any mechanic about "when you use a flask" or "number of charges gained" or "flask duration", which is good for skipping eldritch altars, ultimatums and other nasty mechanics.

OK. Mageblood.
a) Get a 4-slot
b) Don't be tempted to re-roll bad stats as that also rerolls the number of leftmost slots. Yes. I did this.
c) Remember it only works with magic utility flasks, not healing pots, not uniques.

The flasks continually apply their effects. This doesn't count as "using", ignores duration and charges. You need only consider "effect" stats. Avoid anything that is "on use" as it won't work.

MB is great because it allows you to vastly boost a wide range of boring things, allowing you to drop them from your build/tree and focus on more exciting options.

In terms of types of flask:
Jade and Granite will sort your base defense.
Sulphur will sort your DPS
Quicksilver will sort your speed.
The one that does spell suppression (I forget which)
Bismuth will sort your elemental resists - but another flask "of the rainbow" should be ample.
UP to you. See the link in my sig for what I use. I have other flasks offering specific immunities to shock, burning etc. depending on what I'm fighting.

PREFIX - Dabbler's, Alchemist's or Abecedarians (whatever that is). All offer the same 25% boost.
SUFFIX - Looks for a tier 1 of whatever you need. You can pick and mix between slots, so evasion on your granite, "rainbow" resistance on your sulphur, whatever. Don't worry about trying to roll "dabblers jade flask of the impala"; "alchemists jade flask of the armadillo" works too, if that's what you happen to roll first.

You then need to use enkindling orbs on them until you get up to 70% increased effect. If you have any "during flask effect" affixes on your gear, tree or elsewhere, these apply all the time. So craft damage on gloves and anything that buffs flask effect.

In terms of obtaining the flasks, you can buy them (from me!) or roll them yourself with the millions of orbs of alternation that you've been picking up. You need L84 bases for all T1 stats except "of the Cheetah" which requires L85. Takes about 2-3 mins to roll a useful T1 suffix flask with one of the three prefixes. Speed the process by Augmenting 1-suffix rolls. Sell "Flagellants, and Surgeons" with T1's for extra cash. Well-rolleds go for 2-3 Div. Perfect for 10-12 Div. Perfect Flagellant's and Surgeon's regularly sell for 12-15 in this league.
- Bossing
- Mapping
Last edited by Wilson_Chan on Mar 2, 2024, 8:36:12 AM
Thank you for that extremely in depth answer! I now went with the flasks I currently have equipped.

Sadly I am now either missing 5% spell suppression or phasing. But I have no idea how I am going to get either of those on my gear. So for now I am not using phasing anymore.
Thanks to Headtourist i have made a lot of changes, and, i have done some arragements to achieve ailment immunity, with is great for survivability, my current build:

https://pobb.in/nsTOlrcYvg0q

Next, i think, is lvl 100 and a good chest? to achieve more tankness

I have purchased a Progenesis too, this thing saved me alot
What if any auras do you have up when running maps and/or bosses?
I am using
- Defiance Banner but with a charm that sets the reserved mana to 0
- Grace
- Determination
- Precision
- Malevolence

Enlighten and another Charm with 10+% increased reservation efficiency.
At this point I could probably switch out Precision. But at this point I'm only trying to get to 35 challenges and I am probably done with the league. Which is also why I didn't try and optimise the auras and other stuff even more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info