[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️

1) After we get Storm Eater on a cluster, do we replace the energy leech gem with a concentrated effect? POB says that this is the best option, I think it is, since the area of shock is not that big and the area of shock explosion from the lightning conduit seems redundant - this should not seem to affect the speed of clearing maps. But maybe there are better options?

2) And I have one more idea - what if we use steelskin instead of CWDT + vaal molten shell? We can use steelskin on a run button and we can use vaal molten shell 20 lvl instead of 10 - This will be a noticeably more powerful save. Plus, pob says that 20 steel skin is stronger than the regular 10 molten shell that activated with CWDT.
Last edited by Septaran on Aug 23, 2022, 1:02:01 PM
"
CantripN wrote:
Made some changes to the POB on the guide. If you want more DPS and not use Cluster Jewels, now you have a better tree with more DPS by far. Hell, might be better than using Clusters, just need mods to get the Freeze Prolif + Leech.

Cool. What's the cheapest/easiest way to get those mods? I have about 100C to my name at the moment.
"
CantripN wrote:
Made some changes to the POB on the guide. If you want more DPS and not use Cluster Jewels, now you have a better tree with more DPS by far. Hell, might be better than using Clusters, just need mods to get the Freeze Prolif + Leech.

we could use lifetap. we loose around 200k to 400k dps but since we have around 1k leech on paper it should be fine.
Last edited by xabe on Aug 24, 2022, 6:40:23 PM
"
Septaran wrote:
1) After we get Storm Eater on a cluster, do we replace the energy leech gem with a concentrated effect? POB says that this is the best option, I think it is, since the area of shock is not that big and the area of shock explosion from the lightning conduit seems redundant - this should not seem to affect the speed of clearing maps. But maybe there are better options?

2) And I have one more idea - what if we use steelskin instead of CWDT + vaal molten shell? We can use steelskin on a run button and we can use vaal molten shell 20 lvl instead of 10 - This will be a noticeably more powerful save. Plus, pob says that 20 steel skin is stronger than the regular 10 molten shell that activated with CWDT.

1) Sadly Conc Effect doesn't work on LC, nor does Intensify. I've updated it on the POB, I'll make sure it's clear.
Replacing Energy Leech is possible, but you won't really be getting a huge DPS buff for that, mostly stuff like Cruelty (24% More) or Empower (3-4) which is expensive or Awakened Added Lightning 5+ (also expensive).

2) You can :)
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
"
xw_ziggy wrote:
"
CantripN wrote:

Cool. What's the cheapest/easiest way to get those mods? I have about 100C to my name at the moment.

Cheap options:

Life Leech - Berek's Grip (on Trade) is best.
Freeze Proliferation - Exarch Implicit on gloves.

I'm playing the Crackling Lance version and I'm having some issues - keep dying quite a lot, damage is a bit lacking (but maybe it's the overtuned archnemesis stuff). ES goes out quite quickly if trying to cast Zealotry and Frost Shield.

Right now I'm at about 3.7k life, which is quite low, level 80 so still missing passives, around 65% crit chance (freezes are quite reliable), got flat dmg so shock is there. Don't got 4th lab yet, so no Aegis yet.

I think the highest damage boost for now would be either a corrupted six link or getting the cluster jewels (which would also solve ES leech), but looking at trade, 8-passive cluster jewels with 3 passives as mentioned in the main post don't even exist. I can find one with 2 of the requires ones, but not with a 3rd one, which will probably screw up the location.

Maybe I should temporarily swap ES leech gem for one of the damage supports, but I'm already lacking in damage a bit so I'm hesitant about that.

Not sure how to get more defences either, the life is pretty low even though I got life on all gear pieces except weapon (not always highest tiers but still). Spell suppression is at about 50% and I feel like it's not doing anything and reaching 100% is hard. Also evasion chance on this is pretty much meaningless.

I know a lot of these are solved by just getting some levels and currency to buy stuff but any advice on what should be the priority?
I enjoy creating thematic builds, that are still perfectly functional!

- [3.25] (CONCEPT) Master of Blades - Death by a Thousand Impales: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3533232
- [3.25] The Undying Vampire - Colin Robinson Build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3438891
You can consider the new PoB tree I added without Clusters, it's more dps and more life. Get 4th lab ASAP, though.

In general, your gear is very very bad (for DPS). And the crafted fire damage on your weapon is for attacks even. So that's a big part of it, surely you've dropped better rares.

Getting a Berek's Grip for cheap would help you a LOT, too.

Stuff you can fairly easily get are that ring, a decent caster weapon x 2 (or one shield and craft spell suppression), caster rings and amulet.

Last edited by CantripN on Aug 24, 2022, 6:46:47 AM
"
CantripN wrote:
"
Septaran wrote:

1) Sadly Conc Effect doesn't work on LC, nor does Intensify. I've updated it on the POB, I'll make sure it's clear.
Replacing Energy Leech is possible, but you won't really be getting a huge DPS buff for that, mostly stuff like Cruelty (24% More) or Empower (3-4) which is expensive or Awakened Added Lightning 5+ (also expensive).

2) You can :)

Thanks for the answer! Cruelty is already at 6L. What about Inspiraton? The POB shows not that much DPS increase, but I doubt that the "more damage while on full energy shield" mod always works on energy leech. Especially I think the difference will be visible if zealotry was used before (and inspiration also reduces mana cost).
Inspiration isn't usable with EB.
And as long as you're casting, the leech damage mod is 100% uptime (maybe a bit less on clear with ES on Kill, but who cares about damage vs packs you one shot anyhow?).

Hi CantripN!

I play this build. And I really like it. But only until the moment when I meet some interference / metamorphs / entities mobs that cannot be frozen. Yes, and on engame bosses and guards, you have to spend several portals. How can you deal with this?

I recently bought an impulse. So far, I can't really link it. But the cleanup was amazing. But hands drop when I meet top bosses (

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info