Path of Exile: Siege of the Atlas Teasers

"
jsuslak313 wrote:
The way I understand Melding is:

you build 1 resist, and the jewel makes ALL your resists equal to that one. Otherwise what would the point be?

Seems like the jewel would save you a few resist suffixes as you'd only really need 5 t1 rolls of a single resist to max out everything (instead of 15).

Also, that's sort of what the name of the jewel implies...I think the language is poorly chosen in the description and will likely change before release. It MELDS all your resists into one

I DON'T think it actually refers only to the MAXIMUM resist because basically every form of +max resist is +max ALL resists. Wouldn't make any kind of sense to have a jewel that does nothing except destroy your resists.

it 100% refers to max resist.

"elemental resistances are limited by your highest maximum elemental resistance"

if it was just referring to your current resist, it would say "your elemental resists are equal to your highest elemental resistance"
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
The way I understand Melding is:

you build 1 resist, and the jewel makes ALL your resists equal to that one. Otherwise what would the point be?

Seems like the jewel would save you a few resist suffixes as you'd only really need 5 t1 rolls of a single resist to max out everything (instead of 15).

Also, that's sort of what the name of the jewel implies...I think the language is poorly chosen in the description and will likely change before release. It MELDS all your resists into one

I DON'T think it actually refers only to the MAXIMUM resist because basically every form of +max resist is +max ALL resists. Wouldn't make any kind of sense to have a jewel that does nothing except destroy your resists.

the way Melding works is... if you have +15 to max fire resist(bringing to to 90(the cap), +2 max cold(normally bringing to 77) and no additonal max lightning(this would be the normal max of 75) it would set the max of all 3 of the resists to 90 instead of whatever they originally were.

you still need to get enough resists to bring them to the cap and deal with the massive negative this brings

if you can build around it this jewel is one of the strongest jewels you can get defensively. it won't save you suffixes, in fact it will probably cost you some more.
This jewel will be worth a fortune
Doryani prototype builds wet dream for sure
"
maxtraxv3 wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
So to clarify what the new jewel (Melding of the Flesh) does - it makes your maximum elemental resists of all three resists match that of your highest max ele resist. So if you raise your maximum fire resist to 90%, it'll make your max cold and max lightning resist also be treated as 90%. With the cost that you have to make up for the massive resistance penalty it imposes on you.

Also, before anyone suggests it, that jewel is completely redundant with Tempered by War keystone. You either want to build around Tempered by War or this jewel, not both. As using both will not grant any higher damage reduction.

Easiest way to make use of the jewel would be to play an RF Chieftain build.

cool one jewel for ONE build, and its -76% thats super hard for most people.

making this jewel for less then 1% of people

You CAN use it on other builds, I just meant that RF Chieftain is one of the easiest builds to fit it into. Also Doryani's Prototype builds will actually like the downside on this jewel. Anyway, making up the missing resists is not as hard as you think. Even just running Purity of Elements will get you halfway there. Considering the defensive power of this item, the effort is well worth it
More than RF Chieftain, it seems any build using Aegis Aurora will become impervious to damage with much less investment than ever before. With just the shield, Purity and some investment in the tree (with or without clusters), you hit 90 max res and can still dedicate the rest of your build to armour/ES and damage.
Cool end-game gem. Nice art, interesting lore-piece. But I won't even try to fit it in my builds:
- price (hard to get -> less in market; wanted -> more people willing to pay for it)
- meta (like RF / Aegis Aurora)

For me - having problems with S8 - this item won't exist.

So we can go back to crying that it is for 1% of people... (which is waste of time, just play the game or leave it for something else - nobody cares mate!).
That Jewel... OMG
17 totems 40/40 in my HO
Wow, that looks ambitious.
I hope you made a divination cards ,, remove random crashes,, unique remove broken mechanics, good servers on league start things like that would be an EPIC teaser

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info