Path of Exile: Siege of the Atlas Teasers

"
Tanki wrote:

Nearly all "facts" in this video have been debunked days after its release in 2015. And btw what Lars is doing IS STAGE-SHOOTING.

Just one out of the many many debunk videos/articles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDbqz_07dW4

In regards to the Div-Card, even today in modern archery arrows get nocked at both sides depending on what is best suited for the shooter. So the art on the Div-Card is just fine.

I've seen the debunk videos, and they have also been disproven. When something stirs up a community of 'professionals' there is always a campaign to disprove. It's not like this guy and his students are doing any parlor tricks, or anything less lethal.

Have you ever shot a bow? I have. Shooting left knocked causes more arm injuries than shooting right knocked by far, and is often far less accurate, and strong draw speeds wear you out very quickly. I'm an ace on the first two draws of a left knock. After that I begin dithering and sometimes even miss targets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4mqt69VZ28

^This video, although posted by Lars, contains tens of serious scrutinizers about the theories and criticisms, and addresses the hate.
"
TitsMcGhee wrote:
Why on the Silence and Frost div card is the arrow on the wrong side of the bow? Seems like maybe if your job is to make graphic of something or some action a quick google search would be the first step.

There is no single way of nocking an arrow. There are pros and cons to each side, and different people have different styles. Nocking it on the opposite might be more common, especially for beginners, but it's certainly not the only way.
Last edited by Sintactical on Jan 26, 2022, 6:21:29 AM
"
Sintactical wrote:
"
TitsMcGhee wrote:
Why on the Silence and Frost div card is the arrow on the wrong side of the bow? Seems like maybe if your job is to make graphic of something or some action a quick google search would be the first step.

There is no single way of nocking an arrow. There are pros and cons to each side, and different people have different styles. Nocking it on the opposite might be more common, especially for beginners, but it's certainly not the only way.

A better explanation would be that Right knocking is for active shooting and spontaneous situations, while Left knocking is for Target shooting.

That's generally where the absolute strengths lie.

Most people cannot discipline in both, because training and instinct in one invalidates disciplines in the other.

Personally I'm an advocate of moving targets.

Something I've failed to mention:

I have a horrible Astigmatism in my eyes, and no corrective lens and live fairly in a fuzzy world. I prefer that to wearing the lens. I've thought about Lasik, but that's another story.

But, in regards to archery; I absolutely hate target shooting because of my vision. I lose so much information by closing an eye and trying to sight an arrow.

However, I love shooting with both eyes by tracking my entire target in a world of fuzziness, which complements right knocking, because that allows me to track MOVEMENT rather than a stationary and detailed object.
Last edited by rekikyo on Jan 26, 2022, 6:49:15 AM
that staff, how RF gonna work? RF is elemental skill+3x dmg, profit?
nvm, only on hit, damn
"
thargun wrote:

You can use PoB to take existing RF build and see if you'll be able to cap your resistances with 63% reduction as a custom mod and what you will have to sacrifice for that. It may as well be that there are not enough slots to cap them and you'll have to remove some unique items or skill tree nodes that buff your damage/survivability just to cap res.
And also, keep in mind that most power for hit spells comes from crits and this staff replaces both hand slots, which can have 200+% increased crit chance and crit multi(if wand and shield are used).
Last edited by alex_disp on Jan 26, 2022, 7:56:48 AM
And what of (elemental) minion skills, such as some Golems and SRS ? Do they benefit from triple damage ?

Not sure they would benefit this more than double +2 wands or Kulemak's anyway, but that'd definitely have to be considered.
"
thargun wrote:

That mod is most likely 100% chance for triple damage on hit. If thats the case then it'll not work on RF at all.
Last edited by za6i9ka on Jan 26, 2022, 9:09:06 AM
"
PoitelMarto wrote:
And what of (elemental) minion skills, such as some Golems and SRS ? Do they benefit from triple damage ?

Not sure they would benefit this more than double +2 wands or Kulemak's anyway, but that'd definitely have to be considered.

And if its 100% chance to deal triple damage it won't work on minions either.
Last edited by za6i9ka on Jan 26, 2022, 9:03:54 AM
where on the staff does it say on hit ?

elemental skills does triple dmg , so any elemental skill gem does x3 dmg.
Last edited by Aarla on Jan 26, 2022, 9:32:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info