December Events 2021

"
OhMyNathaniel wrote:
At least you won something

yeah ty, but i wanna a portal XD, ty
"
If you are playing in hopes of winning mtx, then you’re playing for the wrong reason. The time investment required for this slim chance is totally absurd. It’s simple as that. My advice, don’t bother with any of it. Play standard and have fun.

Now i know that too. I wanted to test the chances by myself and i've done that. But thing is, i had fun playing the event in hope of getting the rewards. If i knew that chances are abysmal i would never even bother to play.

What would i do in place of ggg - make rewards guaranteed when you reach next tier. F.e. if i reach lvl 85, i will 100% get something from the rewards pool for reaching lvl 80, and so on.

Would be so much fair and interesting. More ppl would play the event, win/win.
"
DaiBi wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:

I'm sorry you had zero fun playing a free game.

Pls cut this crap, Chris doesn't do his job for free. I've spent more than 100 bucks on stash tabs and a hideout. And yes i only played the event for the rewards, cuz i've already finished the league.

The whole idea behind raffle is weird, they have thousands of mtx's and not guaranteeing at least one of them for each tier is so cringe and stupid.

If they wanted to rise player base in a dead league, they needed to offer me more than scuffed game modes.

and btw - if i got one piece of a set (f.e.) i could buy another, but now i'll just skip all events, until they remove raffle part.

What does Chris's salary have to do with anything? Of course he gets paid, everyone at GGG does.

That does not change the fact that they offer their product for free to anyone that wishes to use. They believe their product is strong enough that people will decide to give them money despite not being required to do so.

The fact that you've paid doesn't mean anything either.

My only point really was that they have offered a new way to experience their product at no extra cost. On top of that, they offer chances to get bonus product as an extra inducement to try it out.

Playing this game for anything other enjoying the experience of playing the game strikes me as really backwards. The whole point of games is to relax and have fun.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
vio wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:

Actually, a random lottery is the definition of fair from the standpoint that 1 entry = 1 chance, and it doesn't matter who has the entry. Every single entry has an equal shot at winning, regardless of prior or ensuing outcomes.

yes, "fair" is highly subjective and you can see it as multiple, parallel lotteries.

--

thing is, in difference to real money lotteries where it's unlikely that you win a price and it's nearly impossible to win all those parallel drawings your ticket is eligible to, poe players probably have the expectation to win at least one price.

it's seen as a "reward for participation" rather than a very lucky lottery win. and one person getting 3 participation rewards? why?

--

but eventually i'm with you because being eligible for multiple prices required more playtime.

Because people's expectations are wrong. GGG very clearly states everything except the mystery box is a random draw based on leveling characters and that 1 character = 1 entry.

Anyone who expects to win anything based on that is delusional.

-Galileo Galilei
f2p games are the most expensive and scam like model of gaming we have today... And no. A game don't need be good to earn money (see thousands of mobile f2p games and what people "donate" to them). Some people likes to spent in a game to feel superior to others and that itself is enought for them to spend thousands of dollars in a game. Even simply badges on a forum is good enought for some to feel special and brag about it.

That being said, poe still not the worst offender in the industry BUT is not a SAINT and this game is NOT free. Free is only a demo for u to see how it plays out then u need to BUY some stash to properly play the game.

A truly free game don't have any diference between one player that donates thousands of dollars and another that didnt spent a cent. Supporter or donations u do without receiving anything. What we do here is not "supporting" but BUYING supplies, being extra stash or extra fancy stuff.
Last edited by IHellBoundI on Dec 15, 2021, 3:32:17 PM
"
IHellBoundI wrote:
f2p games are the most expensive and scam like model of gaming we have today... And no. A game don't need be good to earn money (see thousands of mobile f2p games and what people "donate" to them). Some people likes to spent in a game to feel superior to others and that itself is enought for them to spend thousands of dollars in a game. Even simply badges on a forum is good enought for some to feel special and brag about it.

That being said, poe still not the worst offender in the industry BUT is not a SAINT and this game is NOT free. Free is only a demo for u to see how it plays out then u need to BUY some stash to properly play the game.

A truly free game don't have any diference between one player that donates thousands of dollars and another that didnt spent a cent. Supporter or donations u do without receiving anything. What we do here is not "supporting" but BUYING supplies, being extra stash or extra fancy stuff.

This is true, and has always been a point of contention. Back in CB all you could buy was more stash tabs, the non-supporter pack MTX actually came after.

I wish GGG would offer the truly free player a more functional stash. I have been saying that for years.

And buying stuff is supporting. If you buy stuff from Wal-Mart you are supporting their business.

-Galileo Galilei
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
IHellBoundI wrote:

This is true, and has always been a point of contention. Back in CB all you could buy was more stash tabs, the non-supporter pack MTX actually came after.

I wish GGG would offer the truly free player a more functional stash. I have been saying that for years.

And buying stuff is supporting. If you buy stuff from Wal-Mart you are supporting their business.

True.

About the free players 5 stash tabs wasn't so bad back in the day. But rn its horrible with so many things they have added. A currency and maybe a map tab would be nice at least. For sure if the game is good and people enjoy they will buy more stuff so these 2 tabs will help the game longterm in my opinion.
because we say we die in the game they remove the messages...those dev dont know how to play/ do they job... it not complicated to ask NORMAL ppl how they play and not a LUCKY streamer HOW THEY want to play the game...i mean if we all watch lucky streamer play we never gonna find a mirror because we never gonna touch the game anymore so please ...
"
lotting2782 wrote:
because we say we die in the game they remove the messages...those dev dont know how to play/ do they job... it not complicated to ask NORMAL ppl how they play and not a LUCKY streamer HOW THEY want to play the game...i mean if we all watch lucky streamer play we never gonna find a mirror because we never gonna touch the game anymore so please ...

What? You think streamers get great gear just cause you've seen them get lucky on few things during their 300h of playtime in a league? They grind like we all do. After adding passives to atlas, making crafting bench easier etc. it's hard not to get rich. All you need is knowing what to do, everything can bring cash. Maybe you are salty about deli-beyond-nemesis juiced maps and few ex/map drops not taking in account the investment cost and grind for items capable of running such content? I don't consider myself lucky but I was still able to get around 100ex in 1 month of grind and doing content I enjoy.

TL;DR
git gud.
Edit: Ohh i already received it. my bad XD

I reach over level 50. I still dint receive any Atlantis Mystery Box reward. Am i missing something ? Or just need to wait little longer ?
Last edited by Qespada on Dec 16, 2021, 3:14:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info