Melee Splash

"
"
deathmongoose wrote:
I made a new character to test this skill. I use Heavy Strike + Life on Hit + Melee Splash with my Duelist I made a few hours ago. In low levels this skill combo rocks. Easily grinding through Act2. I am curious how this will go on higher difficulties.

Seems like an interesting side effect is good LoH healing. Most AoE skills have damage effectiveness that is below 100%, IE 70% for cleave, etc. With melee splash you still have your 125% damage effectiveness on your single target abilities, but now they hit a bunch of stuff. I was actually pretty surprised that they gave a straight damage penalty instead of a damage effectiveness penalty.

Heavy Strike has 150% effectivness. I am healing the shit out of the game :)
Yeah I was thinking about infernal blow / glacial hammer (125%) 'cause that's what were were talking about earlier (and what I was testing). 150% for heavy strike is even better, if the knockback doesn't irritate you.
It doesn't. I have no idea where I will go with this char yet. For leveling this skill set is awesome. I was thinking of a 7 frenzy charge Frenzy - Melee Splash build with LOH > LL. Frenzy has only 100% effectivness, but you got the amazing speed bonus. The healing should be immense.
All comments saying melee is alright are irrelevant if not tested in high level maps. There you can see that melee is actually a lot behind in terms of survivability/damage to any other class.

What I find annoying is GGG release another melee patch which doesn't improve anything in terms of melee performance but offer only a bit more mediocre, semi-efficent options to already underpowered class. Devs are so stubborn and mean about melee damage/range ratios. Like boosting them a bit suddenly would make melee OP.

Let's see what multi-damage options melee already has (from and end-game point of view):
- cleave -> weak: very short range, no stun, inferior to groundslam
- lightning strike -> only viable as elemental damage option, too large gaps between projectiles when used with gmp
- cyclone -> not bad, it major con however is causing desync like hell which makes it not viable in hardcore and very dangerous in softcore
- groundslam -> still only viable option for melee, interrupts enemies attacks, acceptable range

Splash damage with its current ratios doesn't offer anything better. It is infact a lot inferior to groundslam as are many other melee skills. What's the point of releasing this skill then?. More inferior skills doesn't make melee anything better it was before. It is still groundslam spam all the way through endgame. I'm sick of it already.
IGN:
ZENofWar [lvl 88 Blood magic cyclone Marauder]
ZENofArts [lvl 80 Cast on crit Quill Rain Scion]
Last edited by zamraii on Apr 8, 2013, 2:32:02 PM
"
zamraii wrote:

Er, have you not seen the, I'm going to go with thousands of, elemental cleave characters running around? It is true the range isn't as good as ground slam, but the damage is much better, and with the right skills/supports the range is good enough (I've got 67% increased AoE on my cleave, which lets me out-range melee bosses and still cleave them).
Last edited by magicrectangle on Apr 8, 2013, 2:42:30 PM
"
aaronsan wrote:
"
Dragon585 wrote:

What is the point of having alphas if you don't listen to their feedback? Your not the only alpha I have spoken with that has said they begged GGG to inc the radius of splash. Seems like such a waste of valuable information. Why bother? Why bother posting feedback here? It obviously will make no difference in their decision making. I too am getting more and more frustrated with patches that seem so amazing until they launch and prove to be utter disappointments.

I will try to be positive also, but this patch is strike two. Cyclone was strike one.

What happens at 3 strikes? *interested*

*popcorn*

-Aaron

What are you hoping to accomplish by provoking me? You aren't *interested* You just want to see a big nerd rage claiming that I will quit the game and that GGG will be sorry.

Sorry to disappoint, but at strike 3 I will simply lose faith that GGG will make melee a viable class and be forced to play my ranged to the point of boredom, which already began weeks ago.

Be honest, nobody gives a flying fuck when someone quits. All the "I quit" threads accomplish is frustration, venting, and trolling.

If I misread your intentions and you truly ARE interested... your weird.
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
"
"
zamraii wrote:

Er, have you not seen the, I'm going to go with thousands of, elemental cleave characters running around? It is true the range isn't as good as ground slam, but the damage is much better.

You said it well: elemental cleave characters. This doesn't make this skill anywhere near groundslam for all those pure physical damage/life leech builds.
IGN:
ZENofWar [lvl 88 Blood magic cyclone Marauder]
ZENofArts [lvl 80 Cast on crit Quill Rain Scion]
Last edited by zamraii on Apr 8, 2013, 2:45:04 PM
How big area is the splash?
is it 15 like infernal blow?
"
Mizzajl wrote:
How big area is the splash?
is it 15 like infernal blow?

No1 knows we only guessing u can see my 4 old posts and asking same shit over n over. Yea lets release a gem and let ppl test it blindly with doesnt know what they re doing right ? I'm gonna ask once again...

Whats the base range of splash and conc effect increases splash dmg effectively ?
Last edited by Ceykey on Apr 8, 2013, 3:01:00 PM
well someone already proved that con effect doesn't work on the specific target you hit, and goes up to 85% of total damage (via 0.5 * 1.7 = 0.85).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info