Communication and the Sacred Orb

PoE has become a Slot Machine RNG simulator more and more over time.
I have to chime in here.

Before hearing the rarity of the orb I figured that GGG was just putting a moderate time sink in to get a slightly better item and although annoying I thought fine.

But after reading this post.....my mind is blown. It is pretty clear that GGG intended to not have any orb and players would just have to "work harder on drops" to get good bases. After reading pushback they come up with this rare orb to satisfy the .0000001% is the lamest thing ever. Come on man.

Look, I get it you want the players to value gear more than ever - every move in 3.15 and 3.16 makes that abundantly clear. But, every single high roll will be scoured, traded at a very high price and crafted. Didn't you want drops to matter instead of just having a more rare crafting base?

kdlfjsoifoeijfeijfeoijfs;lafejiei
Last edited by MrWonderful99 on Oct 11, 2021, 10:09:46 PM
Expanding the ability to craft a base is good. This is a good start.

I know crafting synthesis bases is still in the back of your mind and I hope with the new Uber content in the game, more base crafting system can be expanded upon in the future.

Thanks.
PS please let me find empower gems in ssf :^)
"
Expanding the ability to craft a base is good. This is a good start.

I know crafting synthesis bases is still in the back of your mind and I hope with the new Uber content in the game, more base crafting system can be expanded upon in the future.

Thanks.

--

GGG is not expanding the ability to craft a base with this orb. This orb is a meme. Now as I mentioned above while I personally have little issues with expanding base randomness it goes against what GGG has indicated is a huge issue and that is having drops more meaningful. Let's get serious..everyone has ilevel 86 best base chests show in their filter already. If anything it makes the low rolls junk so it is even worse than before unless you think that filtering out 90% of already rare items (that you were happy to get BTW) will solve the issue.
Last edited by MrWonderful99 on Oct 11, 2021, 10:18:28 PM
"
PS please let me find empower gems in ssf :^)

This game is not intended to SSF players. It is all about the "vision", the "trade" and the "economy".

All this so called problems and solutions just hurted the minimal fun in play SSF. Waste of time.
dont do this come on :(
█▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀
█▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀
For me its gone really bug me when i see 19% , since you allways go for 20% quality on armour/gems before . Its not about if its better or worse for me.
Another item I'll never see. A total waste of effort on your part GGG. Maybe you should add a divination card that never drops so I can try to collect 12 of them to get one of these Sacred Orbs. Or will that wait until 3.17?
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Last edited by ChanBalam on Oct 11, 2021, 10:28:44 PM
"
MrWonderful99 wrote:
I have to chime in here.

Before hearing the rarity of the orb I figured that GGG was just putting a moderate time sink in to get a slightly better item and although annoying I thought fine.

But after reading this post.....my mind is blown. It is pretty clear that GGG intended to not have any orb and players would just have to "work harder on drops" to get good bases. After reading pushback they come up with this rare orb to satisfy the .0000001% is the lamest thing ever. Come on man.

Look, I get it you want the players to value gear more than ever - every move in 3.15 and 3.16 makes that abundantly clear. But, every single high roll will be scoured, traded at a very high price and crafted. Didn't you want drops to matter instead of just having a more rare crafting base?

kdlfjsoifoeijfeijfeoijfs;lafejiei

New base types and Sacred Orb rarity = wow, we really messed up with Harvest in 3.13! Better give another marginal nothingness to the top 100 players, and demoralize the rest of the playerbase when their filters go crazy when a Sacred Orb drops.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info