Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 3 - Auras, Curses and Elemental Damage Over Time

"
Irorone wrote:

2. Correction: some of the builds ARE still broken.
Honestly if you think aurastackers are still broken after the mid league delirium nerf and the post league medium jewel changes you're high.

If your build was so terrible, why are you mad they destroyed it? Obviously it was easy mode compared to everything else and you can't figure out how to avoid sirus die beams or other random one shots with any other build.

Go find a new game....
"
impulze3 wrote:
rip aurastacking.

gz on ruining another build archetype.

How to kill another aspect of endgame and stomp a 10+ mir build into history.

I played this build for 5 leagues now, improving it bit by bit every league.
About 15-20 mirrors of stuff, soon to be obsolete.

Aura effect gone from clusters, clusters unuseable.
i'd need 588% increased reservation efficiency on my gear to run all my 16 auras, which is impossible with 2% on jewels.

this leaves a bad taste in my mouth, you disregard the time i spent on this build in one single patch because reddit crybabies are complaining about party play. again and again you kill things in collateral from multiple angles.

the solution was so simple, lowering aura effect on others and leaving reservation alone as it impacts other builds aswell. now you probably ruined a bunch of builds with those changes, not just aurabots and stacking.

we'll wait and see how it plays out. If 3.16 is not the ultimate bomb league mechanic to make up for this loss, i will quit this game

[Removed by Support]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Pictures of the rude pms i am getting. I guess you're allowed to be toxic in pms, but you're not allowed to show that to anyone.

Here is an accurate version without the name and shame

The balance team and chris being out of touch with their game isn't the only reason why this game is going downhill.
The community is more toxic than ever, more so than the community of eve online. Alot of people i play with in standard are chill, but this? I can't imagine what goes through your head that you gain joy from sending me those pms, does it make you feel powerful or that you received some kind of twisted justice? Does it statisfy your jealousy?

Welcome to POE, just play other build, about your gear, they have like 4 years of not nerfing aurastacking builds, its time to nerf that thing.
"
Ruddski wrote:

It sounds like with mana reservation reduction, the effect got progreesively stronger, but with mana efficiency the effect gets progressively weaker.

(snip)

I dont understand exact mechanic for efficiency yet, but it sounds like it starts strong and gets progreesively weaker so you eventually reach the law of diminishing returns where it is no longer worth investing in.

Assuming they keep it as it's worded here, your assessment of Reservation Efficiency is correct.

It's a linear increase in your "Effective Manapool" (like eHP, but for mana).

So, your first 20% increases your effective manapool by 20% to 120%.

Your second 20% increases your effective manapool from 120% to 140%, which is a 16.7% increase.

And so on.

The good news is that, for positive values, it's super easy to calculate how much Reservation Efficiency you need.

You want to reserve two 50% auras and a 25% aura? That's 125% total mana, so you need 25% Reservation Efficiency. Plus some extra if you actually want to have mana to spend.

Want to reserve three 50% auras, three 35% auras, and one 25% aura? 50*3 + 35*3 + 25 = 280% total mana, so you'll need 180% Increased Reservation Efficiency (Good luck!).

Obviously it gets a little more complicated if you have any multipliers (like supports on the auras) and/or if you have an Reservation Efficiency that only applies to a specific aura (like a helm enchant or cluster jewel notable), or a subset of your reservations.
Last edited by QQPQ on Oct 9, 2021, 2:16:24 PM
with all this changes if keep everyone nerfed 40% dmg and mobs buffed 43% hp everyone will keep using glass cannon builds to be able to kill without interact with adds (and to save our hands integrity with less clicks) so the game will keep this 3.15 sh.t
"
Mokurp wrote:
with all this changes if keep everyone nerfed 40% dmg and mobs buffed 43% hp everyone will keep using glass cannon builds to be able to kill without interact with adds (and to save our hands integrity with less clicks) so the game will keep this 3.15 sh.t

Correction: In 3.15 party play remained almost as intact, including duo and large 6men groups. 3.16 is going to be the same but now parties are nerfed too. Find out the rest yourself. If 3.14 was about 20% playerbase drop and 3.15 achieved around 45%, I'd expect 3.16 to be around 60%. We progress slowly but surely to murder trade league if they don't do something real to prevent it. After all it might be their goal. It's like stocks or fuel price, you can never be sure what the higher ups are planning.

Also, let me note that it's not the community that becomes toxic on its own. When you do something particularly wrong and acting seemingly unaware of public opinion, that will make a large portion of the crowd unsatisfied. This will leave behind "toxicity" (negative critics) from the customers/clients/players. I don't know where PoE is heading. I don't care where PoE is heading. You can continue to wish my children cancer in private messages, I'm not going to report you for it or get triggered. One thing is for sure, I will never launch PoE again if this update goes live.

Rest in peace party play and its enjoyers.
Last edited by Rahdur on Oct 9, 2021, 3:22:24 PM
It took Chris et al how many years to fix these glaring issues which border on exploits how long again?
Will play 3.16 because of aura nerf ( f the dodge and dot nerf though)
[3.2]Muh Sprinkler - /view-thread/2117962
[3.2]Muh Poet's pen elementalist - /view-thread/2105455
[2.6]Unethical Voltaxic -6mans shaper - /view-thread/1882958
[2.4]LULFinder CocDischarge - /view-thread/1753207 (sucks now)
[1.3]JustAnotherCritMjolner - /view-thread/1181110 (relics of the past)
Killing off builds that people put time and effort into is just unacceptable... these can remain in standard as legacy characters, whithout you being able to modify them further - and yes, it is very possible from a technical standpoint - just look at the bosses in Hall of Grand Master, those were real characters, how do you think they survived the nerfs?

I get that the game need's nerf's and buff's just like any other game, but why destroy build's, why not change then have the existing stuff go legacy like what has happened in the past, that way we can still play the builds on STD. In the end it really doesent matter what we all say i dont think GGG really cares about the player's comments much anymore.
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
Why not just get rid of mana reservation completely and introduce maximum aura caps?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info