20 Users Banned for Exploit Abuse

"
sidC wrote:
"
GKPlight wrote:
"
If you uncover an exploit in Path of Exile and abuse it for your benefit, we will ban you.

The usual problem with it :
We are suppose to use any mechanic of the game for our benefit.
How to know if something is intended, or is an exploit ?
It is the responsibility of the game developer to not have bug/exploit in their game.

up

Thump rule: If something seems to good to be true, it probably isn't.

If you find a way to do specific content so that produces WAY more drops compared to the usual way to do it, this should make you cautionous. When in doubt if something is intended or not, you can still describe what you have found in the forum or write a mail to the support.

For the responsibility, yes, the devs responsibility is to keep exploits etc. out of the game. But let's be honest, are you able to gurantee that your work doesn't contain flaws/mistakes?
Besides that, like already wrote sereval times here, just because you are able to do this, it doesn't mean you are allowed to do this. Maybe check the ToS again, if you have doubts abou this point.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
you should do what I think one or two other game devs are doing and label their account and characters cheaters permanently so people know who they are dealing with when trading. or make it so they can never join any trade leagues again...ever. The people doing this don't care if they are soft bans, it does nothing, they will just create a new account for this league.
This is fantastic news.
Cheating of any kind should not be tolerated in any game.
"
sidC wrote:
"
GKPlight wrote:
"
If you uncover an exploit in Path of Exile and abuse it for your benefit, we will ban you.

The usual problem with it :
We are suppose to use any mechanic of the game for our benefit.
How to know if something is intended, or is an exploit ?
It is the responsibility of the game developer to not have bug/exploit in their game.

up

Lol if players are using group play to the point of manually and intentionally impacting server response with the sole purpose of manufacturing excessive currency drops, I dont think there is any room for someone to debate this.

I mean you do you, but it doesnt exactly reflect well on the intelligence of someone making said arguement. It pretty obvious what was happening.

Tldr: Life isnt fair.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
BEX, you guys should really look for their trade account and their guild stash cause they made the profit already.
Also check for their hardware ID so they are not playing with another account.
people that do exploits dont deserve to play this game. #permabantheexploiters
Well, at least they have the balls to not tolerate cheaters. This sets a good example. And to the people saying this is just some clever use of game mechanics, please, get real. Liar liar exploits on fire. Your boy got caught, MORE THAN ONCE NOW with the winged scarab bug and other instances. He made his bed now he can lie in it.

P.S. I'm still mad about the Harvest and other content nerfs but this made me gain some respect for GGG.
People's logic on here:
"Can't form a valid argument? Easy, stalk the person's profile instead and attack their character.
Don't like or can't handle someone's opinion? Easy, label it as “toxic”."
"
Judaspriester wrote:
"
GKPlight wrote:
"
I dont understand how some people are justifying this as "it's the devs responsiblity to make sure its not ingame" , the entitlement is digusting.

The disgusting things is the people that want some player to be ban because they play the game as it is.

Well, just because you're able to do something, that doesn't mean that you have the right to do it. With playing the game you have agreed to the ToS, which forbid this.

in order to say it with another example: Just because you notice a suitcase full of money in a non-locked car, you still aren't allowed to take it, even if the owner has made the first mistake by not locking his car.

We exploited harvest to target craft exploding body armor.
When we exploited the tag system, was it taking money in a non-locked car ?

Last edited by GKPlight on Apr 20, 2021, 11:29:10 AM
"
LBGxValor wrote:
i'm waiting on the "caring" about community post that talks about harvest and the complete destruction of it -

OR how not a single question or statement has been asked or said about the outcry on how bad harvest is

OR how you continue to shove MTX's down our throat with huge sack after what happened at league launch, you didn't even wait a week lmao

OR how ultimatum yellow guys are harder then most bosses in the game....

yet post something about banning 20 accounts like anyone cares

WOOO tell it preacha! HO LORDY
"
GKPlight wrote:

We exploited harvest to target craft exploding body armor.
When we exploited the tag system, was it taking money in a non-locked car ?

That's not exploiting. It was not a bug. This was, and abusing a bug to profit is exploiting. Deterministically crafting explody was using the tag system without abusing any bugs, it was very powerful and thus GGG has nerfed both Harvest and explody. Remember they said Harvest was never returning because it was game-breaking and they knew this.
Last edited by TheVeon on Apr 20, 2021, 11:33:50 AM
I am sorry, but this league start is a mess...
I can FLY!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/WDRU/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info