Extremely Slow Queue Processing

Small indy company GGG cant handle server upkeep

yup
"
m02ph3u5 wrote:

yup

"
JymyT wrote:
Ha! I got dc'd and now I'm # 4.29 BILLION in queue.

That's the limit for a 32 bit integer. If I had to guess, the DB servers are under way too much strain.
...narf
Last edited by SqueakyToyOfTerror on Apr 16, 2021, 6:31:44 PM
Cant finish act 1 - disconnects all the time... This was supposed to be the highlight of my week ;)
I try my best to do 3 acts per day... And I can not even finish third LOCATION per 3 hours!

GGG, really, this start

is
the
WORST

Do F@#$%^ SOMETHING!
I can FLY!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/WDRU/
Everyone has already said it. What more to say. Worst league start ever. And I have been on the "happy end" of league launches for the most part.

Heist for example was smooth for me. Even Delirium was a really good launch for me.

Then Ritual drops and the excuse was they hadn't thought about the server growth needed (now they are saying it had something to do with character migration.... and they thought it was resolved... and viola its back. I wonder, which is it? Small server capacity? Or that migration thingy magingy?)

Still, ritual was not as bad once you got int.
But not a good sign.

Instead of learning from this and anticipating an even larger issue, next league drops and its even worse. Wow. Also, good work hyping people up on PoE2 along with New Season so every bum that had forgotten the game jumps along. I mean, nothing wrong with that, but plan ahead and compensate for it to be able to handle the load.

Seriously. There is nothing to say really. By far the worst league start I ever saw. And it amazes me. You guys were getting better and better and I was happy with the progress. But, this here, feels like we time traveled and its 2016 again.

p.s, "Users are getting in and the game is stable once they are through the queue"... No. Its not. It dc's people every other second and tosses us all back into a huge queue and rinse and repeat. Also, the game occasionally also does not recognize us being logged in period and just tosses a "you need to be logged in" message once the queue is finished.

TL:DR

1) Login takes too long and Times Out.
2) Once the Time Out is fixed, Slow Queue
3) Once done with Queue, game has issues seeing you logged in and tosses you out to queue again.
4) Once the stars align and we are in, a minute later we are disconnected and back to queue.

Best league start ever. Awesome.
Any news GGG Criss ?
Wow you managed the queues? So what? Sry but I still can't play - and reading this thread it is not only me but wait - everybody.

DC's all 5 to 10 minutes, seeing how streamers skip the queues or seeing streamers that seem to be unaffected by Disconnects are pissing me off. Then being unable to actually play the game because I can't even walk my way through one area without being disconnected angers me way more.

I was looking forward to the league. But right now - I am looking forward to not play it.

Thx GGG - for messing it up way more than I ever expected you would.
fix the disconnects. thank you
Meep beep PLAYING SINCE 2011
I can put up with queues on a league start but it's not even letting me create a character. Log in - queue up - eventually get to char selection - press create - pick ultimatum - pick class type - type name - press create - get one of two errors, they are operation timed out or you must be logged in to use this feature. Think OK I'll bum around in standard for 15 mins, character wont log in, error, you must be logged in. Good job!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info