Extremely Slow Queue Processing

Every single zone change times out, rolls back items too...

As a dev I can understand and empathize and even forgive that a league launch has so many failures, no matter how many tests you do, there can always be something that goes wrong, and that does not change my perception of GGG at all.

What I find much more difficult to empathize with is the priority in queues and servers for streamers, although I could understand and forgive it from a business perspective.

But what is totally unforgivable is the way it has been done, and continues to be done, without a statement from GGG about the actions that were going to be taken with respect to streamers and the reasons for doing so.

The marketing / communications department (or Chris it self) has done things so absurdly wrong that they have shown that the "Streamer's luck" meme is not a meme but a reality.

All of us who are developers know that these tools existed (something totally normal) but it cannot be demonstrated, now with that dark and hidden way of establishing the priorities of the streamers it is GGG itself that has demonstrated it, showing the entire community not only that these tools exist but that they are willing to use them in opaque, hidden and totally unethical ways with the rest of the community, and that is going to kill your reputation as a ethical/fair company for the rest of your life.

And all this could have been avoided with a simple statement about what was going to be done and why.
ok im done this is getting stupid,1000000 disconnects and rollbacks this is not fun,bye
what a joke of a launch
please do yourselves a favor and reset this league. I am not going through yet another queue and dc until you do!
"
cibelina wrote:

As a dev I can understand and empathize and even forgive that a league launch has so many failures, no matter how many tests you do, there can always be something that goes wrong, and that does not change my perception of GGG at all.

What I find much more difficult to empathize with is the priority in queues and servers for streamers, although I could understand and forgive it from a business perspective.

But what is totally unforgivable is the way it has been done, and continues to be done, without a statement from GGG about the actions that were going to be taken with respect to streamers and the reasons for doing so.

The marketing / communications department (or Chris it self) has done things so absurdly wrong that they have shown that the "Streamer's luck" meme is not a meme but a reality.

All of us who are developers know that these tools existed (something totally normal) but it cannot be demonstrated, now with that dark and hidden way of establishing the priorities of the streamers it is GGG itself that has demonstrated it, showing the entire community not only that these tools exist but that they are willing to use them in opaque, hidden and totally unethical ways with the rest of the community, and that is going to kill your reputation as a ethical/fair company for the rest of your life.

And all this could have been avoided with a simple statement about what was going to be done and why.

Also working in IT but in a manager role. What I don't appreciate is it's the same pettern league after league. In our firm, once something goes wrong, the next day we have a meeting and talk about Lesson Learned, what to do to avoid such situations to happen again. I hope they will -finaly- take a good lesson and apply permanent fix. I mean here, better load balancers, better servers, bandwith, anything that comes in place to improve world wide experience.
For me me its like "Endless Ledge" ( to The Coast and re-log) OMFG
Just had a 12 minute rollback. Yes, I managed to make it from A4 start to crystal mines, and then I crashed and it rolled back to the start of A4 again. I lost 4 levels in the process too. LOL. This is getting to be ridiculous.
Wow, just wow.
Dc'd ~160 times...

It's been funnier to play the forum than read the game... oh, wait...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info