[3.14] Cyclone Staff 100% Fire Chieftain (Not being updated for 3.15)

hey there.

thank you for "fixing" the build. i was kinda frustrated, as a new player, i had a lot of struggle to survive, and got a lot of one shots. i changed my cluster jewels etc today and it feels great now.

But i have some questions, maybe you can help me.

can i change enlighten gem with something useful? it feels not nessesary for me, i have no mana problems.

how can i find out if i need the skillpoint in avatar of fire ?

can you recommand maybe some other flask? 2 of them are very expensive ( 6.5 ex and 1 ex).

And if you have time, can you take a look at my char? its my first league. Maybe some tips, which its i should upgrade next for example would be great!

https://pastebin.com/ST4Ns3Rr

Thank you !
Hello!
Glad to see more people taking inspiration from Mathils video.

I'm using my own take on that build but never switched to crit, using elemental overload instead even tho it seems the crit builds do more dmg at higher gear levels.
I'm quite a new player and have never done so many high tier maps before this character. Level 93 now wich is a new level record for me.
I have been building defences with using a 78% resist loreweave (took forever to 6-link) and a helm with 10% physical as cold damage taken, together with Tasalio, Cleansing water ascendancy for another 15% physical damage taken as fire damage.
I also accumulated enough accuracy to drop precision and instead run with 2 heralds and both of the sand stances.
Oh and i was lucky to get an alternate quality herald of purity so those minions taunt, think that was a nice boost as well.

Running with about 6,5k life atm, I die sometimes but i feel alot more comfortable than my other characters I have played before.
-22% chaos resist i don't know how much of a problem that is but probably an area for improvement.

I have been interested in the "grass is greener" aspect of trying champion/slayer impale cyclone with fortify but am still quite happy with the damage of this build. Anyone have some takes on pros/cons vs that build in defences and dps?

Gameplay i'm using a mana flask that doesn't stop when i get full mana, it's not bothering me mostly but can be a problem on very long boss fights with no adds so that's an improvement i could make.
Also have been considering trying increased duration on totems since it's often dangerous to stop spinning. I'm still on 5-link on those.

For gear i feel i'm quite stagnated atm.
I have some currency saved up but not sure how to progress my gear next.
Upgrades would probably be to look for steel rings or a better weapon.
I'm using a judgement staff i crafted myself with ~550pdps.

For those interested:
https://pastebin.com/XeVagiWV
"
aerox1995 wrote:
hey there.

thank you for "fixing" the build. i was kinda frustrated, as a new player, i had a lot of struggle to survive, and got a lot of one shots. i changed my cluster jewels etc today and it feels great now.

But i have some questions, maybe you can help me.

can i change enlighten gem with something useful? it feels not nessesary for me, i have no mana problems.

how can i find out if i need the skillpoint in avatar of fire ?

can you recommand maybe some other flask? 2 of them are very expensive ( 6.5 ex and 1 ex).

And if you have time, can you take a look at my char? its my first league. Maybe some tips, which its i should upgrade next for example would be great!

https://pastebin.com/ST4Ns3Rr

Thank you !

Hi,

If you are happy with the amount of mana reservation and are having no mana issues you could use a low level precision. I didn't bother because placing totems costs a chunk of mana but its personal preference.

You add up all the fire conversion from your tree and gear and if that is over 100% not including AoF then you don't need to run it.

Flask wise a bottled faith is not needed just a nice crit flask will do and last time I checked you can get a cheap cinderswallow it doesn't have to be the crit version right away.

Had a quick look at your character and it seems fine, just overall improvements like a crit+explode chest. You also don't have aspect of the cat which is a nice upgrade and can be easily crafted. The first thing | would change is your despair on hit ring. It has nice stats but despair doesn't do anything for you at all. A ring with worse stats and assassins mark on hit would be much better.

"
Knatte39 wrote:
Hello!
Glad to see more people taking inspiration from Mathils video.

I'm using my own take on that build but never switched to crit, using elemental overload instead even tho it seems the crit builds do more dmg at higher gear levels.
I'm quite a new player and have never done so many high tier maps before this character. Level 93 now wich is a new level record for me.
I have been building defences with using a 78% resist loreweave (took forever to 6-link) and a helm with 10% physical as cold damage taken, together with Tasalio, Cleansing water ascendancy for another 15% physical damage taken as fire damage.
I also accumulated enough accuracy to drop precision and instead run with 2 heralds and both of the sand stances.
Oh and i was lucky to get an alternate quality herald of purity so those minions taunt, think that was a nice boost as well.

Running with about 6,5k life atm, I die sometimes but i feel alot more comfortable than my other characters I have played before.
-22% chaos resist i don't know how much of a problem that is but probably an area for improvement.

I have been interested in the "grass is greener" aspect of trying champion/slayer impale cyclone with fortify but am still quite happy with the damage of this build. Anyone have some takes on pros/cons vs that build in defences and dps?

Gameplay i'm using a mana flask that doesn't stop when i get full mana, it's not bothering me mostly but can be a problem on very long boss fights with no adds so that's an improvement i could make.
Also have been considering trying increased duration on totems since it's often dangerous to stop spinning. I'm still on 5-link on those.

For gear i feel i'm quite stagnated atm.
I have some currency saved up but not sure how to progress my gear next.
Upgrades would probably be to look for steel rings or a better weapon.
I'm using a judgement staff i crafted myself with ~550pdps.

For those interested:
https://pastebin.com/XeVagiWV

Its certainly an interesting take on the build. I do actually plan on taking a Small cluster with Surging Vitality myself when i get a few more levels. While it isn't needed its still a nice gem.

I do think our builds are quite different in many respects though and it honestly might be worth making your own post because while my build does considerably more dps yours will be much more tanky which some people may prefer. I certainly do usually but chose to go for more dps because of the new end game fights which get harder the longer they are usually.
Great guide and thanks for taking the time to make it. I too am running the bigstick-clone chieftain and liking it so far. I also used Malthils guide as a reference and like do like the changes in ur guide as well. I cleared uber lab and hit red maps pretty smoothly, now i just need to work on my getting my gear setup for endgame....

Anyways eventually ill get an elder based staff but in the mean time i got a rare warstave in my stash with a tier 2 physical %/accuracy prefix and was wondering if a triple physical prefix would be good or should i roll high phsycial damage% for the second prefix and bench craft extra quality/crit or quality/attack speed at the bench???

My current weapon sux and only has like 320 dps according to pob, so first thing i want to work on is my weapon (though everything needs to be replaced but ill work on everything 1 at a time).

Last edited by Richman209ish on Feb 13, 2021, 6:26:41 PM
"
Richman209ish wrote:
Great guide and thanks for taking the time to make it. I too am running the bigstick-clone chieftain and liking it so far. I also used Malthils guide as a reference and like do like the changes in ur guide as well. I cleared uber lab and hit red maps pretty smoothly, now i just need to work on my getting my gear setup for endgame....

Anyways eventually ill get an elder based staff but in the mean time i got a rare warstave in my stash with a tier 2 physical %/accuracy prefix and was wondering if a triple physical prefix would be good or should i roll high phsycial damage% for the second prefix and bench craft extra quality/crit or quality/attack speed at the bench???

Hi, thanks for taking an interest.

I would personally go for as much dps and attack speed as possible. The best way to work that out would be copying the base item you have into path of building and playing around with it to see what gives you the most. Would be great if you could link the finished product here. Always interested in seeing some nice items.

"
Darksorrow90 wrote:
"
Richman209ish wrote:

Hi, thanks for taking an interest.

I would personally go for as much dps and attack speed as possible. The best way to work that out would be copying the base item you have into path of building and playing around with it to see what gives you the most. Would be great if you could link the finished product here. Always interested in seeing some nice items.

Sure thing and thanks for the reply. Might take a little while though cuz the min/maxing on ps4 takes a little while so to speak since the smaller player base and it takes quite a while to find decent priced trades (they're out there though), though it does seem like each league gets a little bit better price wise. Ill post when i get it eventually..... Just depends on how Harvest RNG or the people party with's Harvest RNG.

Took a couple months for me last league to get fully endgame geared, but i was able to kill Sirus for the first time (3 times exactly), Shaper, and farming regular Elder with my LowLife GC Miner.....
"
Its certainly an interesting take on the build. I do actually plan on taking a Small cluster with Surging Vitality myself when i get a few more levels. While it isn't needed its still a nice gem.

I'm actually considering changing those jewels, I feel like the health surge part is not very much needed, if I die I think it's usually from damage too fast for that to make any difference.
(I would very much wish for a combat log saying what type of damage you took the last second for better understanding why you die sometimes).
"
Knatte39 wrote:
"

I'm actually considering changing those jewels, I feel like the health surge part is not very much needed, if I die I think it's usually from damage too fast for that to make any difference.
(I would very much wish for a combat log saying what type of damage you took the last second for better understanding why you die sometimes).

Yeah I would love a combat log as well.
I found an elder based staff at least now..... In the mean time im gonna work on 6 socket'ing it and then 6L, before i start crafting.

Also according to PoB its says my current weapon im using is 684 DPS but to me that seems off. Honestly i thought it was much lower than that, and think its kind of a crappy staff. But heres what im rocking right now:

Last edited by Richman209ish on Feb 16, 2021, 1:34:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info