EDIT: Okay so did a little search trough this tread and this fixed the issue:

sudo xattr -d com.apple.quarantine [your path of PathOfBuilding.App]

Confirmed, worked for me.

It will usually be -:

sudo xattr -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/PathOfBuilding.app
"
Lazarusfive wrote:
"
I am not sure if I do something wrong but everytime I try to start it my Mac says the content is damaged do you have any idea whats causing this error

+1

EDIT: Okay so did a little search trough this tread and this fixed the issue:

sudo xattr -d com.apple.quarantine [your path of PathOfBuilding.App]

Oh, it's working for me. Thanks.

information:

Spoiler
xattr -d com.apple.quarantine

This command is used to fix a situation where an application might be "quarantined" on macOS. The "quarantine" feature is a security measure that temporarily isolates downloaded applications or files to ensure they do not contain malware.

The command "sudo xattr -d com.apple.quarantine" removes the "com.apple.quarantine" attribute from an application. This attribute indicates the application's "quarantine" status and can prevent it from working correctly. By removing the quarantine status, this command allows the application to work properly.

Before using this command, make sure to check the correct file path of the application and ensure you have sudo privileges.
"
arciinus wrote:
"
TranquilK wrote:
Hi there, just installed latest PoB and I can't import any build from pobb.in, it just says "Retrieving paste" and holds it til "Timeout was reached", is it a known issue and maybe there are some ways to fix it?

Hmm, I can't really reproduce this - pobb.in imports seem to work fine for me. If it doesn't work, you can always go to the link in your browser and copy the code contents into Path of Building.

Oh well, I tried to go to the link with no success, than I guessed to try it with VPN, so pobb.in just doesn't work in Ukraine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Anyway thank you for your work
Last edited by TranquilK on Apr 7, 2023, 12:32:36 PM
You can build that for arm64 as well.

Adding qt to your path must reflect the arm64 homebrew location as such:
export PATH="/opt/homebrew/opt/qt@5/bin:$PATH"

You'll also need to edit the makefile an editLuaCurlMakefile.sh after git cloning pobfronted

Replace the references to the x86_64 arch to arm64.
qt5 lives in /opt/homebrew on arm64 so put the right path for that too instead of /usr/local

Lua-cURLv3 will compile just fine on arm64

After the build, sign the app with a self signed certificate and you're good to go.

https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/Security/Conceptual/CodeSigningGuide/Procedures/Procedures.html
"
Brume wrote:
You can build that for arm64 as well.

Adding qt to your path must reflect the arm64 homebrew location as such:
export PATH="/opt/homebrew/opt/qt@5/bin:$PATH"

You'll also need to edit the makefile an editLuaCurlMakefile.sh after git cloning pobfronted

Replace the references to the x86_64 arch to arm64.
qt5 lives in /opt/homebrew on arm64 so put the right path for that too instead of /usr/local

Lua-cURLv3 will compile just fine on arm64

After the build, sign the app with a self signed certificate and you're good to go.

https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/Security/Conceptual/CodeSigningGuide/Procedures/Procedures.html

Yep, I actually originally built for ARM. Given that Rosetta 2 will work well in the near future, I think having a single x86_64 build is still the easiest way to have it work for as many players as possible. I might migrate to an ARM build later.
Thanks for the new build!
Hi everyone,
I keep getting the malicious software issue with the new version of path of building.

is there any workaround for that?
You sir are a rockstar!
POB works for me but unable to import characters using the account name , it says couldn't resolve proxy
Mojojojo
Hello, thanks for supporting Mac!

I've followed the instruction for building on arm64:
- git clone,
- go into the makefile and change arch to arm64, go into editLua...sh and editPath....sh and change the location of qt@5 (/opt/homebrew/opt/.. not usr/local/..) and also fix arm64 if present
- make tools
- make

the application builds without errors, it just says "Finished" and I don't see errors in the build logs.

But when I ./PathOfBuilding though I just see:
zsh: killed ./PathOfBuilding

I tried attr -x com.quarantine etc, but it just says:
xattr: ./PathOfBuilding: No such xattr: com.apple.quarantine

anything else I am missing? Thanks again!
Last edited by ToweringNoob on Apr 24, 2023, 7:31:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info