[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

"
Vei wrote:
"
bartpio wrote:
Question from my side:

I am thinking about dual curse.
One is obvious - with annoint. But i am too lazy to click another button and cast snipers mark manually.

What do you think about adding Elemental Weakness to Frenzy and then dual curse Flammability and Ele Weakness ?

Flammability + Elemental Weakness is Option 1 in "5.2 Double Curse Option" It has the lowest DPS compared to the other 2 Option.

Let's say we want the highest DPS versus Shaper/Sirus level bosses with automated casting of both curses, you can try the new Option 3 in "5.2 Double Curse Option" which I just added yesterday into the guide. It has:

- Higher Shaper DPS than Option 1(Flammability/Ele Weakness)
- Doesn't require buying Awaken Hextouch Level 5(Just need Whispers of Doom anoint which is cheaper)
- Doesn't require 126+ Int(Level 5 Awaken Hextouch requirement) or 155 Int(Level 20 Elemental Weakness requirement)
- Automated casting of both curse, Sniper's Mark and Flammability

I think this option provides the best balance out of all 3 options in terms of DPS, Automated casting of Curse and requirements(Int, Currency) and would be my recommendation.

Thx for answer. I think i will go for Ele Weakness (even if i can't go to lvl 21 due to Int restrictions). This build already has massive amount of DPS, so QoL si more important for me.

B
Spent a few bucks on upgrades on my scion, and boy does this build take off when you start Berserking.
The only issue I have for now is the number of skills that I have to use: sniper's mark, frenzy, totems of course, blood rage, berserk, dash, vaal grace... I'm getting too old for such a frantic playstyle :')
Hello!

Nice post, guide and build! Thanks to all of the players who make this post so awesome especially to Vei, this build make "easy" to do all the content, to those who can't play 24h/7d.

Yesterday killed Sirus A5, but died a lot... Any recomendation to nexts steps?

Here is my items! :D

Thanks a lot, and keep doing this post awesome! :)

Retorcito.
"
bartpio wrote:
Thx for answer. I think i will go for Ele Weakness (even if i can't go to lvl 21 due to Int restrictions). This build already has massive amount of DPS, so QoL si more important for me.

B

Sure, just want to add a point in favour of the Flammability + Ele Weakness setup that I missed yesterday, I think this is probably the strongest setup in Multi Boss fight like the Maven one if we are hitting 2+ boss everytime.

And Hooray for Totem Fix!

"
nathlar wrote:
Any recommendation on what to take first on abyss jewel , blind or taunt for chieftain if I can't get a double one? (haven't found any decent one with life on a reasonable cost)

Personally for me

Taunt + Blind with no life > Taunt OR Blind with Life

It's totally worth trading the life so we can get 2 affix. These 2 affix is just so strong.

But let's say if I were to choose, I would go with blind if I have like 5k+ life whereas below 5k life I would probably go for taunt.

"
keksik0061 wrote:
which wathers eye should I get? attack speed with precision? I think i bought wrong one, even if its maxed on attack dmg :D..

It depends on what gems(Grace/Precision/Clarity) you are using and also whether you are looking at offensive, defensive or Quality of Life ones. Your character profile is currently private so I can't recommend.

Let me know what you prefer and the aura gems you use and I can give some recommendations.

"
Beverice wrote:
Hey Vei, any advice on gear upgrades I could get that would make the final boss fight easier? Shaper/Chayula/Atziri/Cortex.. Thing is kicking my ass
For context I can do uber elder deathless and have killed maven already

Hi Beverice,

I suggest taking a look at improving your defenses. You basically went full Glass Cannon on this build. Lots of DPS is nice but if we get one shot or keep dying, it doesn't do any good. At 4,139 life, it leaves zero room for error.

In the POBs I shared, I have a minimum of 5,500 life. If you took a look at the Raider's POB you can see it has 6k life. Anything below 5k doing high level content is just too risky these days imo.

Also going through the list in "03. Defensive Overview", you basically ditched 50% of them

- Our Totems Taunt on Hit (Nope)
- Our Totems Blind on Hit (Nope)
- 65%+ Evasion (Nope, no Grace Aura)
- 55% Dodge (Check)
- 45% Spell Dodge (Check)
- Vaal Grace (Nope)
- Instant 97-100% Heal with a button press - (NA)
- Wind Dancer - (Yes)
- Berserk - (Yes)
- 3 Endurance Charges (Yes)
- 5.5k+ Health (Nope)

From my equipment recommendations
- 2-3 Life Flask (Nope)

And I don't recommend The Taming Unique Ring in my guide for a reason, it has no life. Somemore, these days there's an additional reason against it which is "-9 mana" can't be crafted on them and in your case, you had to use a Flask Slot for Mana Flask(which means 1 less slot for Life Flask)

Consider on working on defenses you are missing from the above, that would be my suggestion and definitely get some Chaos Resist too, at least keep it positive(If not, Chayula will eat you for breakfast ;)).
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
"
Vei wrote:

Hi Beverice,

I suggest taking a look at improving your defenses. You basically went full Glass Cannon on this build. Lots of DPS is nice but if we get one shot or keep dying, it doesn't do any good. At 4,139 life, it leaves zero room for error.

In the POBs I shared, I have a minimum of 5,500 life. If you took a look at the Raider's POB you can see it has 6k life. Anything below 5k doing high level content is just too risky these days imo.

Also going through the list in "03. Defensive Overview", you basically ditched 50% of them

- Our Totems Taunt on Hit (Nope)
- Our Totems Blind on Hit (Nope)
- 65%+ Evasion (Nope, no Grace Aura)
- 55% Dodge (Check)
- 45% Spell Dodge (Check)
- Vaal Grace (Nope)
- Instant 97-100% Heal with a button press - (NA)
- Wind Dancer - (Yes)
- Berserk - (Yes)
- 3 Endurance Charges (Yes)
- 5.5k+ Health (Nope)

From my equipment recommendations
- 2-3 Life Flask (Nope)

And I don't recommend The Taming Unique Ring in my guide for a reason, it has no life. Somemore, these days there's an additional reason against it which is "-9 mana" can't be crafted on them and in your case, you had to use a Flask Slot for Mana Flask(which means 1 less slot for Life Flask)

Consider on working on defenses you are missing from the above, that would be my suggestion and definitely get some Chaos Resist too, at least keep it positive(If not, Chayula will eat you for breakfast ;)).

On the other hand i am runinng semi glass cannon build and am doing Sirius deathless with no issues. But on the other hand i know Sirius fight very well :)

"
bartpio wrote:

On the other hand i am runinng semi glass cannon build and am doing Sirius deathless with no issues. But on the other hand i know Sirius fight very well :)

I am sure once a player knows a boss fight very well and can dance around the boss while making some funny faces, they can start to trim on their defenses. For a start, some buffer to our defenses is definitely a good move :)

"
Retorcito wrote:
Hello!

Nice post, guide and build! Thanks to all of the players who make this post so awesome especially to Vei, this build make "easy" to do all the content, to those who can't play 24h/7d.

Yesterday killed Sirus A5, but died a lot... Any recomendation to nexts steps?

Here is my items! :D

Thanks a lot, and keep doing this post awesome! :)

Retorcito.

Hello Retorcito!

Thank you, am glad to hear the build lets you do all the content without being a no lifer :)

Here would be my suggestions for your "Next Steps" for equipment upgrades:

1. Aim for a higher chance to hit(but don't go over 100% and ignore chance to hit evasive), through getting more Flat Accuracy. Not only does accuracy contributes a lot to our DPS, but when a projectile miss, it doesn't pierce which means potentially we are losing more than just that single projectile's DPS since the projectile could have pierce and hit 1 or 2 more enemies.

2. Look for a Corrupted Quill Rain with 18% Increased Critical Strike Chance.

3. Get an enchant on your boot, you can find recommendations at "24. Enchantments" in the guide.

4. Upgrade your Elemental Damage with Attacks Support to the Awakened version.

You might want to get some quality on your gems, you can refer to Medium Value section of "26. Upgrade Reference List" in the guide to see what Gems, and probably also the rest of upgrades that you can look out for. That Section 26 in the guide is basically a checklist for "What should I upgrade" questions :)

Cheers

Last edited by Vei on Jan 22, 2021, 6:53:55 AM
Thanks for the response!

My next question is quite a newbie one.. What translate from our character to our totems? I noticed we obviously use a bow and take alot of +dmg to bow skills etc.. I assume this all converts into our totem to make it faster and more damage?

I'm lvl 50 at the moment, I grabbed the first 2 jewels + the totem nodes at the very bottom, im now working my way around to take the last jewel on the far right for the extra projectiles..

Edit: Also I have quill rain and tabula so I went ele hit at lvl 40, seems to be very strong so far, instead of holy flame totem
Last edited by Adjust91 on Jan 22, 2021, 8:36:51 AM
Maven is not an issue with our build.

"
Adjust91 wrote:
What translate from our character to our totems?

Totems inherit our offensive stats, so attack speed, crit chance/multiplier, etc

"
Adjust91 wrote:
I'm lvl 50 at the moment, I grabbed the first 2 jewels + the totem nodes at the very bottom, im now working my way around to take the last jewel on the far right for the extra projectiles..

Go for the Jewel Socket besides Golem Blood Notable first so you can start utilizing the extra projectiles from Rain of Splinter. Rain of Splinter Jewel can be moved later to the last socket above Fervour Notable after you get a Lethal Pride(Akoya)

"
Adjust91 wrote:
Edit: Also I have quill rain and tabula so I went ele hit at lvl 40, seems to be very strong so far, instead of holy flame totem

If you have the components for Ele Hit setup, i.e.

2 x Combat Focus
Rain of Splinter
Tabula Rasa(With all 6 Gems)
Quill Rain

it's pretty good.

Holy Flame Totem is easier to setup though and works pretty well with just 4 Link, so its especially useful for league start where there is no access to anything or people starting new chars in league without currency.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info