[3.25] Holy Flicker Strike Necro [League start > All content] All content is done. PoB updated

"
ClumzyDragon wrote:
Hey, recently switched to this build from poison srs, loving it! it's very fun, but my pob says my total dps is only 1.3 mil or so, not sure if it is that low or if I'm doing something wrong, if you have the time, do you mind checking it? would be extremely helpful! https://pobb.in/rMt-MCgwCie4 ignore the elegant hubris btw, I thought they all give slum lord and got it lol, seems that one is very expensive. If you have any changes I should make or upgrade recommendations I should do I would love to know (I can spend maybe 3-4 div more right now, but don't know what to prioritize) thanks!

"
BBRRAAWWRR wrote:

"
Hey, recently switched to this build from poison srs, loving it! it's very fun, but my pob says my total dps is only 1.3 mil or so, not sure if it is that low or if I'm doing something wrong, if you have the time, do you mind checking it? would be extremely helpful! https://pobb.in/rMt-MCgwCie4 ignore the elegant hubris btw, I thought they all give slum lord and got it lol, seems that one is very expensive. If you have any changes I should make or upgrade recommendations I should do I would love to know (I can spend maybe 3-4 div more right now, but don't know what to prioritize) thanks!

I'd recommend getting a weapon with +1 to all spell skills and a higher attack speed, at least 1.5 APS. Also, since you are using a divergent holy relic you should be using a 20/20 phantasmal static strike, check out the spreadsheet Fire Archer posted in the guide under the "FAQ/important things" heading.

Getting the "drops brittle ground" exarch mod on your boots would definitely help.

The +1 to all intelligence gems tattoo is an easy way to get another level on holy relic and other gems.

Getting a ring with the "shocks nearby enemies while focused" craft would help a bit.

Other than that its mostly more expensive upgrades such as ashes, lvl 4 empower, upgrading to skin of the lords.

Pretty much what comment above said + read through FaQ.
As for you PoB DPS - load up my PoB and load up your items above it. It has bunch of settings that you need to see the full dps.

Also BBRRAAWWRR - swap your Bone offering gem position with spirit offering.
Last edited by Fire_Archer on Sep 9, 2023, 2:24:20 AM
Thanks for this really awesome build. I am having a lot of fun with it. The only issue for me is survivability in T14-T16s. I am getting one shot sometimes and I was wondering what else I can do to improve my tankiness. Is it just to get more level and play more carefully or am I missing anything that can make a big difference?
"
vvizard wrote:
Thanks for this really awesome build. I am having a lot of fun with it. The only issue for me is survivability in T14-T16s. I am getting one shot sometimes and I was wondering what else I can do to improve my tankiness. Is it just to get more level and play more carefully or am I missing anything that can make a big difference?

My guy be 77 and asking about t14-16 lol. You shouldn't even be there.
Also with questions like that would be nice if you would add PoB so we could see what we can fix.

But from what I see - you need to do 2 things that are connected.
Fix your flasks and cap your block. You can use Rumi's flask to help with the block part. Its a band aid fix, but it will help you alot at current state.
You can also anoint your amulet with Testudo for a bit more block.

And if your Animate Guardian has mid-game items from the guide - namely Garb - you can also use Reckless defence jewel.

Bone offering lvl 20 and alt quality would help a bit too

Speaking of alt quality - check out FaQ in the main page and make sure your Static strike had proper level - check the spreadsheet in how to max out your dps.
Any advice on leveling?

I'm a new player and need some 'guidance' on which skill to pick, and what to focus on leveling at the beginning/mid game.
"
Thanaryas wrote:
Any advice on leveling?

I'm a new player and need some 'guidance' on which skill to pick, and what to focus on leveling at the beginning/mid game.

There is entire leveling playthrough at the very bottom of the main post. But I must warn you - this build is not too new player friendly - it has a lot of hidden mechanics going on that you need to be aware of. That being said we do our best to help newer player in discord with all their questions
Thanks for putting this build together. Defiantly something different to bring a breath of fresh air into the game.

Got me through all the challenges of the league without buying any carries. Agree that the build has a soft cap (I would say somewhere in the 75-100divine range) where any more investment has significant diminishing returns. But that soft cap can pretty easily do most content.
Decided to try out 1 divine challenge for my holy relic vaal flicker.
Since I have nothing to edit videos, and frankly the performance patch made me lose 90% of my frames – there is only a showcase – the shopping will be in text.

Video showcase

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3Viwdty_7I&ab_channel=AeriaDust

PoB in showcase - https://pobb.in/5RIoMXHby-68
Atlas tree used - https://poeplanner.com/a/Wv1
T16 map, Ambush, Expedition, Elder scarab +4 sextant with random monsters

It was a tight fit on the budget.

So – expenses:
1div = 240c by the time of tests.
Spoiler
Tabula Rasa +2 minion gems corrupted – 15c
Replica dragon flight with +3 holy relic gems – 24c +4c for anoint ( Testudo / Black oil)
Big cluster jewel with Renewal and Feasting Fiends – to keep your minions alive and some dps – 15c
Mana reserve cluster – even though we don’t use Zealotry yet, its still handy just for 6 mana reserve and future aura swap – 10c
Asenath’s Gentle Touch gloves – 9c + 2c to 4link them
Elegant Hubris with 2x Slum lord passives – 15c
Geofry’s Crest with good resist rolls – 5c + 2c to link +1c to color
Life + Chaos resist + Resist + Move speed boots – 5c + 2c to link +2c worth of red orbs to hit brittle ground
Life + Chaos resist + Resist ring – 1c +1c to craft mana recoup
Life + Chaos resist + Resist ring – 2c
Leash of Oblation – 1c
Divergent Holy relic gem 20/20 – 15c
Phantasmal Static Strike – 10c
Divergent Desecrate – 30c - picture didn't save :(
Brutality 20/20 – 3c
Minion damage – 2c
Raise Specter 20/0 – 1c
Vaal flicker strike lvl 1 – 1c
Another cluster for mana reserve with Uncompromising – 10c
Determination 20/0 – 3c
Bone offering 20/0 – 1c
Pride 20/0 – 3c
Claw from a vendor in act 2 – 1 alteration + 4c essence of fear + 3 c craft trigger
Flasks – from act quest rewards + 13c worth of crafting materials
Aegis Aurora – 20c
Critical damage 20/0 – 3c
Energised Armour – 1c

Total sum of expenses:
239c
Gear: 102c
Gems: 73c
Cluster and jewels: 51c
Flasks: 13c

Additional comments:
The rest of the gems you can buy from Lili. Better yet from acts. But even the ones I bought can be hand leveled and thus are very overpriced. You can save a lot of chaos orbs by not buying those.
Playing it on such a tight budget and gem limitations feels pretty bad. But, it still gets the job done and fairly tanky. And it would get at least two times better if you level the gems that I kept at lvl 1 for the test/fairness purposes.
Also I did not include Animate Guardian (because I don't want to overwrite my Kingmaker) - having him would add a lot to comfort. His gear should average on 5 c buget giving you ailment immunity and extra damage.

Last edited by Fire_Archer on Oct 8, 2023, 5:10:42 AM
Discord link seems to be dead
"
Chiisato wrote:
Discord link seems to be dead

Thanks. Renewed - https://discord.gg/UFBHpuZ6v
So, time to make a post again. Been a while.

It should have been a back in time post to make preparations for a next league, but that one will come a bit later because of the upcoming events.

Those would give me reason to actually start a new character from scratch – something I never do, to make tests extra pure. And additional difficulty in form of events and limited time would add to it.

So instead Im gonna do a little big of a league recap and appreciation post.

Appreciation of me, of course!

League recap

Spoiler
I personally didn’t play too much of the league. I did enjoy the mechanic a lot, but I started to feel that I’m being burned out with either PoE or this build or both combined. So this time around I didn’t even push it to max gear.

Still, cleared pretty much all content, ubers, sim 30, hard challenges included. Other people that decided to try out this build went a lot further than me, crafting and trying out crazy items, getting 40/40, juicing up maps above and beyond.

So I think it safe to say this build performed well. Even though there was a fair bit of confusion with it for people who never played it before. A lot less than I would expect, but still.

Overall, I think build is on a borderline good spot, but mostly because there was some stuff added this league. I personally NOT satisfied with it, but that might be because I both burned out and because I remember a more powerful version from the past, and because (in my opinion) its just A LITTLE BIT not reaching the power/smoothness of meta build on a low-low budget.

As 1 div challenge shows – it require a fair bit of items to feel smooth at mid game content (t16+). The plateau of mid game is very real.

Trials of the Ancestors themselves were fairly easy for this build. Max block + healing specters made matches fast and easy.

Sanctum – a lot of people struggled with that one. I had no issues doing sanctums, but this build is not particularly designed to run them. Delayed damage and the fact that there is nothing to flick too make game play less enjoyable and rather slow compared to mapping. Again – just my opinion. You can absolutely do sanctums if you want on it.

New findings

We didn’t have a meta shake up so not much changed for the build. However – there were still a few new discoveries/additions to the build. The mostly affect early game to fix the lack skin of the lords/loyal and make early-mid game slightly better.

Spoiler
1) Energized Armour + high armor shield as stated in this post

This build is one of the few that can get a full value of it. And I must say – the value is extremely high. Combination of that jewel slot and one of the early game shields result for a ‘free’ 3000-5000 extra armour. And physical reduction is something this build never had a lot of.

2) New amulet - Replica Dragonfang's Flight

This little thing can grant you power of the Ashes of the stars at cost of 30c. But I am hesitant to add it to the main PoB just yet. Because just like Ashes of the Starts – this one might get gutted on drop rates. Currently this amulet is used by 11% of ALL players, topping the Ashes and being THE MOST used unique amulet in the game.

3) Profane proxy. A decent ring to have to apply curse over the curse limit when having on hit curse (from Asenath) active. I haven’t played a lot with that ring, but its certainly has value both in early game and super late game. Might add it to the build after some tests.

4) Retaliation Charm – for early game frenzy charge generation. While Anvil provides A LOT of survivability, Retaliation should just smooth out flickering a lot and with Energized Armour it might just be worth it.

New specters (for early game) – brought by Doominated YouTube channel.

Spoiler
1) Moontouched Miscreation Spectre

This guy cast frost bomb, reducing enemy healing by 75%. Extremely useful at the point when you are reaching Maven but your damage is not high enough. I used to have frost bomb in the build before, but it got so socket starved, that having it as one of 3 specters is a blessing.

2) Armour Cruncher Spectre

A very early specter that will apply high level vulnerability on hit automatically with no gem slot cost. Amazing early game find.

3) Syndicate Silencer Spectre

While amazing on paper, this guy performs… Well lets just say its as good as its bad. Massive 20% sock and 30% reduced action speed debuff for 10 second. You can REALLY feel it.
Problem is – meat shield and our melee playstyle stop them from using this ability. They still use it when you approach the boss and not even every time. I don’t think I can recommend using them, but the power is so high, its worth considering at least.

Experiments done

Spoiler
1) Evasion+block – turned out to be borderline okay, but still bad for the most part. Having no reduction from hits means that you just fall over when both block and evasion checks fail. It felt SLIGHTLY better at bossing, but could not stand in sim 30 compared to armor stacking.

Its still a raw idea so maybe someone could refine it. This was my second or third attempt to do it, and I didn’t like it. Prolly will not do it more. Experimental PoB - https://pobb.in/l4-o4_z0cyTp

2) Shaper of flames + Fan the flames + Asenath explosion. The idea behind this is to take % hp damage from enemies blowing up and turn it into ignite to start chain reaction.

This actually works and performed a lot better than I would expect but has massive downsides too.

The upsides are:
Shaper of Flames jewels are cheaper compared to Profane bloom.
Shaper of Flames provide more consistent damage on kill spread.
Shaper of Flames cover larger area and lingers after enemy dies – making it great against Eater slow spawning enemies and beyond monsters.

The downsides:
The damage is weak against BOTH physical and fire resistant enemies. Any kind of damage reduction stops the damage scaling before it happens, completely negating effect of ignites.
Requires you to have Fan the flames notable – and that might be tricky, you would need megalomaniac for that.

Overall – Profane bloom is just better because when it hits it always hits hard.

Shaper is still good for mid juiced maps with high enemy count.

Expected performance - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi0mARUrRvk&ab_channel=Tingcos

Afterword

Overall I’m relatively happy with the league and how build performed. Glad at least some people had a lot of fun with it pushing it to the high high end.
Looking forward to push it in limited time events and adjust it further for next league start.

If you consider trying it out, now might be a decent time to do it. Especially since you can reroll in into any other minion build or occultist / elementalist

I am a bit concerned with discord still, as most of the activity happens there, then again, this just makes the forum info posts linger for longer and not disappear under chatter.

And that would be it. Hope everyone who tried this build out, or will try it out in the future will have some fun with it.
Last edited by Fire_Archer on Oct 28, 2023, 2:06:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info